Hull City 0 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 03/01/09 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Guest BooBoo

I think most of those who claim Xisco to be shocking are talking out of their rectum. When a player leaves a club, the fans of the club leaving are often a great judge of how the player will do. Deportivo fans were genuinely gutted to lose Xisco, to give the guy 4 games not even full game may I add, and cal him shocking shows how kneejerk this board and on the wrong day our fans can be.

Depor fans were up in arms about Luque leaving too.

Great judge, my arse.

No wonder Owen's waiting on his contract. That was s***, and if anyone thinks that any footballer of any merit want's to join this Football Club , then they're out of there minds.

It really wasnt that bad. And i'm not shy slagging performances and players when they dont produce.

Was a good entertaining game. In the league, I'd have been happy with the result, but as a cup tie, I felt Kinnear has missed a great chance to try and win it.

Aye, he wasnt particularly adventerous. Maybe Kazenga could have come on for one of the central midfielders. Overall though I think Kinnear will spout the "happy to put the Liverpool game behind us....put in a good shift....pleased to get them back to St James'"

And he would be right.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I frimly believe we are 2-3 players from a europe chasing side

Given

Beye  Colo  Bass  Jose

Duff/Zog Guthrie/Barton PBD Jonas

Martins Cisse

Butt is probably one of the worst/least effective players in his position in he premiership. Replacing him with someone who is a good physical specimen/athlete will make an absolute world of difference, as we see when Bartons fit

Given 7

Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Bassong 6

Enrique 6

Duff 4

Butt 4

Guthrie 7

N'Zogbia 4

Owen 5

Carroll 5

Jonas 8

Can I ask what Duff did (other than being unpopular) to deserve a 4?

He lost the ball almost every time and he didn't put in a good cross all game.

Guest BooBoo

Gah i've got a dilemma now. I fancy coming up for the Mackem game but this will be considerably cheaper. Usually about £15, home cup games?

Its no contest man, Sunderland game every time. Sod the price, the replay will be half empty and half arsed.

I frimly believe we are 2-3 players from a europe chasing side

Given

Beye   Colo   Bass   Jose

Duff/Zog Guthrie/Barton PBD Jonas

Martins Cisse

Butt is probably one of the worst/least effective players in his position in he premiership. Replacing him with someone who is a good physical specimen/athlete will make an absolute world of difference, as we see when Bartons fit

I agree what ure saying about we need 2-3 players to become a europe chasing side. The problem is, we need top class players in central midfield. If we get two class sentral midfielders i think we would be there. We need to replace Gary Speed which we never did, and replace Jenas of 02/03 the box to box player he was that season. If we can get in to players simular to that, we will be fighting for a place in europe.

Given 7

Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Bassong 6

Enrique 6

Duff 4

Butt 4

Guthrie 7

N'Zogbia 4

Owen 5

Carroll 5

Jonas 8

What a load of crap.

He put in 2 or 3 good crosses early on, and worked hard all game. I don't recall seeing him lose the ball much either.

It's fair enough people on here not liking certain players, but when agenda's are developed its just bloody stupid. I don't particularly rate Duff, but if he's played well, he's played well.

I'm not necessarily referring to you with regards to agenda's with players by the way, as I don't know if you do, but it appears you have one with that comment (like many others) as he had a decent game.

Gah i've got a dilemma now. I fancy coming up for the Mackem game but this will be considerably cheaper. Usually about £15, home cup games?

Its no contest man, Sunderland game every time. Sod the price, the replay will be half empty and half arsed.

:razz: Can someone give us some sort of clarification on this at all? They are usually £15 ain't they? Adult seats, obviously...

Given 7

Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Bassong 6

Enrique 6

Duff 4

Butt 4

Guthrie 7

N'Zogbia 4

Owen 5

Carroll 5

Jonas 8

That is just not true.

Given 7

Taylor 6

Coloccini 6

Bassong 6

Enrique 6

Duff 4

Butt 4

Guthrie 7

N'Zogbia 4

Owen 5

Carroll 5

Jonas 8

That is just not true.

I definitely agree...Duff goes into the same category with Given, Bassong, Coloccini, Guthrie and Jonas. All had good game today...the rest were just very average(apart from Butt of course who had yet another disaster)

:razz: Can someone give us some sort of clarification on this at all? They are usually £15 ain't they? Adult seats, obviously...

Aye it'll probably be £15. But there's still no contest.

Giving midfielders 8's???? How much did they fucking create??? Clearly yet another person commenting without watching.

Another shite performance against poor opposition from a very bad manager and a very bad team.

Its a good job est Brom, Stoke and Blackburn are in the same league as us.

Giving midfielders 8's???? How much did they fucking create??? Clearly yet another person commenting without watching.

Another shite performance against poor opposition from a very bad manager and a very bad team.

I agree nobody deserves an eight from a 0-0 draw against Hull but I wouldn't say it was a shite performance. If Owen could finish I think it's possible we'd have been comfortable winners.

Overall I reckon it wasn't a bad rebound from the Liverpool raping. As you like to point out, we're not that good.

Funny that because I watched the game and Jonas ran rings around Hull in the second half, put some dangerous balls into the box with one being chested down by Duff for Owen to fire over from 8 yards out.

Strange to see you moaning about midfielders creating much when you were a massive fan of Milner and Parker.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Phi Brown said: "We'll be going up there in a positive frame of mind to try and win the game.

"One potential problem is that we haven't got a third kit so we may have to borrow one of theirs (like they did at St James' Park back in September)."

City were denied a late winner when Michael Turner's header from Dean Marney's corner flicked off the post and back into the arms of Newcastle keeper Shay Given.

Brown added: "The result was about right and I thought that incident was inconclusive.

"Both sides wanted to win the game but we could have been more fluid in our passing.

"But we've taken Newcastle United close and that was their full-strength team."  :idiot2:

City made seven changes from their starting line-up against Villa in their last Premier League outing and Brown added: "Some of the team have given me food for thought.

"In the last two games we have got back to being an ugly side when we're not on the ball and that's pleased me. We didn't play as much pretty stuff as I'd wanted.

"But Michael Owen was bang at it today and we kept him quiet and got a clean sheet into the bargain and I'm ecstatic about that. We seem to have got that mindset back"

http://www.sporthull.co.uk/football/hull_city/tigers_news/displayarticle.php?ID=10265

"Back to the Fagan story and the wind-up merchant was dishing it out, so Nicky Butt reminded him who’s boss – nailing him with a hefty challenge that earned a booking. Butt loved it."

haha i love setanta

Giving midfielders 8's???? How much did they f***ing create??? Clearly yet another person commenting without watching.

Another s**** performance against poor opposition from a very bad manager and a very bad team.

Not to mention Sunderland. Ahem.

Giving midfielders 8's???? How much did they f***ing create??? Clearly yet another person commenting without watching.

Another s**** performance against poor opposition from a very bad manager and a very bad team.

I watched it and I would give Jonas 8. Oh, and in terms of creating nothing, he created two gilt-edged chances for Carroll. Still, lets not let the facts get in the way of prejudice.