Shay Given signs for Manchester City for £5.9m plus add-ons

Guest Phil K

Guest rosstoon

I hope he gets injured in his 1st game. Dont get me wrong I love(d) Given, He is just showing no ambition and is only interested in the Money. He should hold out and move to a club who he can further his career with for example Arsenal a team who may win sumting in the coming years.

The sooner Given, Zog and Owen are out of the club the better for me, they are poisoning the atmosphere with their long faces. If it clears the way for enthusiastic replacements we'll be better for it in our current situation at least.

Be funny if Shay coulfd not agree personal terms after all of this..

and if that did happen (ok, unlikely), would you still have him as no 1 after all of this?

NO, Harper deserves the place now BUT Shay is a world class keeper and I am sure he would be a pro about it if he had to stay, unlike Zoggy who will be a nightmare.

terrible move by the club to let him negotiate with city without agreeing a price. :dave: I bet my cock that he's going on the cheap.

It's good news in that all the papers will be ready and a deal can be done quickly if it goes to the last day, giving us time to pull off last minute deals as well.

Who cares any more, we need the money, whatever we get for him. He's clearly played his last game for us.

really? I don't think so.

You don't think he's half out the door as it is? Of course I don't want us to be raped money-wise, but I'd take the fairest offer they can give us in a shot now. Especially since he's put in a transfer request. There's hardly any time for us to spend any money as it is.

Who cares any more, we need the money, whatever we get for him. He's clearly played his last game for us.

You don't think he's half out the door as it is? Of course I don't want us to be raped money-wise, but I'd take the fairest offer they can give us in a shot now. Especially since he's put in a transfer request. There's hardly any time for us to spend any money as it is.

Oh ffs! Where did I say that I don't think that he's off? I resigned to him leaving as soon as his lawyer released that statement.

So you would be happy with the 5m offer that Man City have made, would you?

How many points does Shay Given save us every season? Let's just say it's worth more than 5m.

I hope he gets injured in his 1st game. Dont get me wrong I love(d) Given, He is just showing no ambition and is only interested in the Money. He should hold out and move to a club who he can further his career with for example Arsenal a team who may win sumting in the coming years.

You say that but I bet man city win alot more than arsenal over the coming years!!

I cant blame him one bit though

Why couldn't he have waited till the Summer?

My thoughts exactly.

A rat deserting a sinking ship and going to a club purely for money. I could understand if he'd gone to Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea or even VIlla, but Man City made very heavy weather of beating us the other night and are no great shakes themseles.

Bottling cunt hasn't got the bollocks to see this season through with us and i for one do NOT wish him well.

You say that but I bet man city win alot more than arsenal over the coming years!!

I bet they don't.

Oh ffs! Where did I say that I don't think that he's off? I resigned to him leaving as soon as his lawyer released that statement.

So you would be happy with the 5m offer that Man City have made, would you?

How many points does Shay Given save us every season? Let's just say it's worth more than 5m.

Calm yourself. It was a rhetorical question. Did you read my post? I said I don't want us to be raped, but I do want us to get rid as soon as possible.

I bet they don't.

If you think about how we have been playing the last seasons and what shape our club is in, doesn't it show more ambition to go to a team that just might be a contender for the top4 next year? It doesn't hurt if you are given (  :pow: ) a lot of cash on top.

Guest elbee909

I suppose if you can't go to one of the top 4 then City are just as good an option as anyone, and there's the massive money to boot.

If he was a bit younger I suppose the top 4 would be interested.

How old was Van Der Sar when he signed for Manchester United?