Luque: 3 starts - 3 goals

Guest Knightrider

A I said earlier, how many times do you see Michael Owen do **** all for 90 minutes and come away with the winning goal? All the sodding time is the answer.

Still, he's not Spanish is he, so it's totally different. Jesus wept.

Well said - if he's dropped on Saturday Roeder's just cutting his nose off to spite his face. Rossi and Luque may have the makings of a decent short-term partnership, especially with Luque in a more familiar position of second striker.

I wouldnt complain if luque started, and was impressed tonight, but the goal required no ability and is nothing to get carried with - and owen always tries to involve himself if nothings happening.  I'm really happy for luque, but i wont be slagging roeder off for not starting him as the sibs been very promising.  Having said that, i must reitterate i thought he was good tonight, and did more than the goal despite what some say.

You're all ****ing moronic  :lol:

Luque scores and still gets slated for being lazy. No fucker has taken the fact he was a lone striker in 451 formation in consideration. I can't think of any striker that looks world class when stuck upfront by themselves.

The job tonight wasn't for Luque to be a world beater, it was for him to knick a goal or two and get us a result which he did. Some of you are totally missing the point and need your heads checked.

Might as well do a Phil K in this thread as any other.

I have been proven correct in every aspect of NUFC now for 5 years (it's an arbitrary figure, a rounded number if you wish as it has been at least 4, maybe 5 times that to be honest). Feel free to down a drink in my honour.

Whether it be manager, player, board or fans, my overall view of things is unsurpassed. I have an innate ability to judge a situation and predict an outcome.

Deal with it, fawn, or shrug it off. I am the shining light and have assumed God like status among men. :lol:

/ wanna argue with that?

//You'll lose.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I have been proven correct in every aspect of NUFC now for 5 years (it's an arbitrary figure, a rounded number if you wish as it has been at least 4, maybe 5 times that to be honest). Feel free to down a drink in my honour.

Whether it be manager, player, board or fans, my overall view of things is unsurpassed. I have an innate ability to juge a situation and predict an outcome.

Deal with it, fawn, or shrug it off. I am the shining light and have assumed God like status among men. :lol:

/ wanna argue with that?

//You'll lose.

Now I know why I can't stand him

He's trying to be me!  :wullie:

Whether it be manager, player, board or fans, my overall view of things is unsurpassed. I have an innate ability to juge a situation and predict an outcome.

/ wanna argue with that?

//You'll lose.

Your willingness to bask in my glow is truly gratifying.  blueyes.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

/ wanna argue with that?

//You'll lose.

Your willingness to bask in my glow is truly gratifying.  blueyes.gif

have you gratified yourself all over the keyboard again?  bluelaugh.gif

You're all ****ing moronic :lol:

Luque scores and still gets slated for being lazy. No fucker has taken the fact he was a lone striker in 451 formation in consideration. I can't think of any striker that looks world class when stuck upfront by themselves.

The job tonight wasn't for Luque to be a world beater, it was for him to knick a goal or two and get us a result which he did. Some of you are totally missing the point and need your heads checked.

Took the words right out of my mouth...

I read something quite startling today - Luque has started 11 games for Newcastle United.

I love the way how people have formed well based, factual opinions on a player who's had less than a dozen starts in his time here.

Very true, but that cuts both ways.

Guest kinaldo

I don't get this whole incredibly lazy thing. How could Souness, of all people, despite his faults, sign a player who apparently  does no work off the ball whatsoever. I haven't seen enough of Luque but I'm sure this lazy foreigner thing is just a myth and Roeder has some grudge against him.

I read something quite startling today - Luque has started 11 games for Newcastle United.

I love the way how people have formed well based, factual opinions on a player who's had less than a dozen starts in his time here.

How do you mean?

Some people have formed opinions that he's the greatest striker ever on the same lack of appearances.

How do you mean?

Some people have formed opinions that he's the greatest striker ever on the same lack of appearances.

I don't see anyone with half a brain saying he's the greatest striker ever. I see them getting highly annoyed that even though he did his job he's still getting slated. He needs a decent run in the side if we're to see the best of him. Lets face it, Bergkamp was shocking for the first half a season at Arsenal then he found his feet and began to rattle them in. Luque had one and half games to prove himself, his hamstring went and since then everyone has been on his back.

I just think it's fairly fickle and pathetic that we have this fella marked down as a complete failure yet he's played hardly any games for us and to be fair, none in what would be his best position - playing off a striker.

How do you mean?

Who has said that?

There are loads of posts where people have proclaimed Luque as being the best striker we have, referring back to his caps and performances in Spain. I'm not going to drag them all up.

My point was that some see the glass half-empty, and discount him despite the lack of games, just as there are those do who see the glass as half-full and say 3 starts, 3 goals.

For what it's worth, IMO we might as well give him a run before anyone forms an opinion. It's just a pity the man making the decisions hasn't seen it like that.

How do you mean?

Sorry Dave, but that's bullshit.

People may be grasping at straws and hoping that we may yet have someone of worth up front who has been overlooked, but I dont think I have seen anyone say that he is 'the greatest striker ever'. All I have seen is frustration that he hasn't had a chance (and by that I mean a run of games), and a bit of optimism rallying against chaps who continually argue that to have him in the team would have a negative effect.