Louise Taylor skewers Allardyce

Guest guyb

This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration. With Allardyce at the helm there was no hope of a Newcastle re-birth

:lol: f***ing hell, what a mentalist

beats me why so many people read the s**** that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

I bet you were enjoying it until you got to this bit though:

Bolton were on the slide and Freddy Shepherd, the chairman who hired Big Sam, failed to heed the alarm bells.

;)

I do remember some people claiming that Phil Gartside was a good chairman. Don't really know where they got the idea from, probably on account of the fact that Allardyce did a great job at Bolton, who then promoted Sammy Lee, like lots of other chairman who appoint number 2's into the number 1.

When was the last time we promoted a number 2 to a number 1? I'm failing to see if you're meaning it's positive or negative tbh.

why do you want to know when we last promoted a number 2 ?

I'm pointing out that, according to many people, you don't appoint number 2's, yet supposedly good chairman elsewhere have promoted number 2's to the manager's job ? Lots of them have, in fact, and some of them have also been very successful. At the time, I thought giving Roeder a crack had some merit. It seems now that Shearer was a good number 2  :coolsmiley: to Roeder, and very influential. But thats just hindsight and speculation, although hindsight views suit some people who can't state a judgement. So it didn't work out for him, and correctly for NUFC having ambitions much higher than mid table positions, they decided they wanted better, unlike Ashley and also unlike their predecessors.

roeder wasn't our no.2 but he did continue the rot that started with souness.

7th in the league. A position gained only twice in over 30 years prior to 1992. You consider that failure ? It confirms everything I've said about ambition and expectation.

This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration. With Allardyce at the helm there was no hope of a Newcastle re-birth

beats me why so many people read the s**** that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

Bolton were on the slide and Freddy Shepherd, the chairman who hired Big Sam, failed to heed the alarm bells.

;)

I do remember some people claiming that Phil Gartside was a good chairman. Don't really know where they got the idea from, probably on account of the fact that Allardyce did a great job at Bolton, who then promoted Sammy Lee, like lots of other chairman who appoint number 2's into the number 1.

When was the last time we promoted a number 2 to a number 1? I'm failing to see if you're meaning it's positive or negative tbh.

I'm pointing out that, according to many people, you don't appoint number 2's, yet supposedly good chairman elsewhere have promoted number 2's to the manager's job ? Lots of them have, in fact, and some of them have also been very successful. At the time, I thought giving Roeder a crack had some merit. It seems now that Shearer was a good number 2  :coolsmiley: to Roeder, and very influential. But thats just hindsight and speculation, although hindsight views suit some people who can't state a judgement. So it didn't work out for him, and correctly for NUFC having ambitions much higher than mid table positions, they decided they wanted better, unlike Ashley and also unlike their predecessors.

7th in the league. A position gained only twice in over 30 years prior to 1992. You consider that failure ? It confirms everything I've said about ambition and expectation.

Well it was 2 places lower than we DESERVED to be, according to you.

He wasn't a number 2 either, which is why I asked who you meant?

;)

Ok, he wasn't number 2, but he had been caretaker manager before doing well and getting the permanent role ?

;)

Ok, he wasn't number 2, but he had been caretaker manager before doing well and getting the permanent role ?

Very very few people on here wanted him appointed as manager though, so you can hardly claim it was hindsight.

;)

Very very few people on here wanted him appointed as manager though, so you can hardly claim it was hindsight.

wanted him as first choice ? Of course not, how many first choice managers do you appoint, I wouldn't even expect Ashley to appoint Wenger or Ferguson, but they were happy to go with it and thought he might have done it, including me which I will admit I said it was worth a crack. To say otherwise now after the event is what I mean by hindsight. But he did well at first, with Shearer alongside him, and that is why he was considered because he certainly wouldn't have been if he hadn't done well, thats obvious isn't it ?

My earlier comments are true BTW. Gartside was praised by many people for some reason, as being better than Shepherd [who wasn't, what do they think now ?]. Then Shepherd appointed Gartsides manager - Shepherd was criticised for appointing a caretaker to the full job, then Gartside went and did exactly the same thing - you couldn't make up such stuff. Laughable. Personality driven agendas. Laughable.

Careful NE5.  Keep doing sidesteps at your age and you're likely to put a hip out. ;)

are you saying that what I've posted isn't correct ?

You know exactly what I'm saying. :)

You've brought Phil Gartside, Roeder, Sammy Lee, Ashley and Shearer into the conversation, yet you haven't mentioned Shepherd once in any of your posts.  Amazing considering you were originally replying to Loiuse's statement that:

As indicated by the smilie in my first post, I was expecting a bite.  And with your furious attempts at misdirection you haven't let me down. ;)

;)

wanted him as first choice ? Of course not, how many first choice managers do you appoint, I wouldn't even expect Ashley to appoint Wenger or Ferguson, but they were happy to go with it and thought he might have done it, including me which I will admit I said it was worth a crack. To say otherwise now after the event is what I mean by hindsight. But he did well at first, with Shearer alongside him, and that is why he was considered because he certainly wouldn't have been if he hadn't done well, thats obvious isn't it ?

My earlier comments are true BTW. Gartside was praised by many people for some reason, as being better than Shepherd [who wasn't, what do they think now ?]. Then Shepherd appointed Gartsides manager - Shepherd was criticised for appointing a caretaker to the full job, then Gartside went and did exactly the same thing - you couldn't make up such stuff. Laughable. Personality driven agendas. Laughable.

Yeah agendas. Shocking isn't it. :thup:

;)

Does your information on what people wanted come from other places, as I can't remember any of what you're claiming. Are you just commenting on what you hear down the pub?

Serious question by the way, because the majority of people on here were gutted when Roeder was appointed.

And who has ever mentioned Gartside on here other than you?

;)

Yeah agendas. Shocking isn't it. :thup:

Indeed. Terrible giving support to people running the club who actually did very well ........... as against those who do very badly.

What a shocking agenda.

:kasper:

;)

Does your information on what people wanted come from other places, as I can't remember any of what you're claiming. Are you just commenting on what you hear down the pub?

Serious question by the way, because the majority of people on here were gutted when Roeder was appointed.

And who has ever mentioned Gartside on here other than you?

old server , old server. As you know.

Might even have been you that said Gartside was "better than Fred" tbh, I did have one or two debates with you about the merits of the fat bastard, but won't say for certain as I can't prove it ......... but now that you are here, do you now think that the old fat bastard was much better than the new fat bastard, based on results rather than personal agendas you understand ?

Arent we supposed to be acting like a big clb NE5? If so then why are you looking at Bolton to score brownie points for Mr Shepherd?

it isn't me who think the club should be run with similar ambitions to that of the likes of Bolton

Arent we supposed to be acting like a big clb NE5? If so then why are you looking at Bolton to score brownie points for Mr Shepherd?

it isn't me who think the club should be run with similar ambitions to that of the likes of Bolton

So why are you citing them in your comparisons?

Guest Howaythetoon

His "wacky" methods got Bolton into the top 6 and Europe on a net spend of zero. They didn't work here and nor did he but that doesn't mean his methods are baloney or he is a crap manager. Taylor hates him because he turned the mackems down twice. I bet Blackburn stay up with Allardyce at the helm.

His "wacky" methods got Bolton into the top 6 and Europe on a net spend of zero. They didn't work here and nor did he but that doesn't mean his methods are baloney or he is a crap manager. Taylor hates him because he turned the mackems down twice. I bet Blackburn stay up with Allardyce at the helm.

I bet there wage bill was high.

Guest Howaythetoon

I bet there wage bill was high.

All Premiership clubs' wage bills are high, well the vast majority anyway.

;)

did you go much  that season ? we spent the vast majority worrying about relegation and how we finished 7th is beyond me as we played far worse than we did under robson in the  mid table years.