Louise Taylor skewers Allardyce

Guest guyb

NE5, can you please provide any evidence of anyone on here claiming Gartside was a better chairman than Shepherd? I can't find any.

as I said, you have changed your server. In actual fact, why not ask people now, if they think Gartside is better than Shepherd, in fact, ask how many other chairmen anywhere have run better football clubs than Shepherd ?

NE5, can you please provide any evidence of anyone on here claiming Gartside was a better chairman than Shepherd? I can't find any.

It'll be the 'many people', I'm guessing.  Yet more of 'everyone else' being wrong, just with few instances of it actually being the case.

did YOU think that anybody but Fred would do better ? Or have you realised that qualifying for europe more than anyone but 4 is a taller order than though, lets face it Mike Ashley isn't going to get anywhere near it ?

as I said, you have changed your server. In actual fact, why not ask people now, if they think Gartside is better than Shepherd, in fact, ask how many other chairmen anywhere have run better football clubs than Shepherd ?

Where does this persecution delusion come from?

Do you understand what a server is?

As I've already explained, this forum was around long before Roeder was appointed. Even taking into account the number of posts we deleted at the end of last year, the threads still go back to October 2006 and there are over 650,000 posts in the football forum alone. Should be pretty easy for you to find some arguing Gartside was a better chairman than Shepherd. That's if they exist.

Do you understand what a server is?

As I've already explained, this forum was around long before Roeder was appointed. Even taking into account the number of posts we deleted at the end of last year, the threads still go back to October 2006 and there are over 650,000 posts in the football forum alone. Should be pretty easy for you to find some arguing Gartside was a better chairman than Shepherd. That's if they exist.

didn't I say it might have been on toontastic ? You're getting your knickers in a right twist about this Dave, but I know that it has been said although its not important enough for me to do a Baggio.

You'll be telling us next that everybody appreciated having a team qualifying regularly for europe and didn't demand the fat bastard out and spent millions on new players almost every time the team lost a game.

didn't I say it might have been on toontastic ? You're getting your knickers in a right twist about this Dave, but I know that it has been said although its not important enough for me to do a Baggio.

No, you didn't specify Toontastic.

I'm merely asking you to back up your claims. If you can't do that then I see no reason to believe what you claim. No problem though.

You'll be telling us next that everybody appreciated having a team qualifying regularly for europe and didn't demand the fat bastard out and spent millions on new players almost every time the team lost a game.

So whats your point? You want people to appreciate Shepherd? You want people to hold a candle to him? Is that your mission?

Most people recognise the good job he did, however they also recognise the bad job he did, imagine if he appointed Souness after Keegan? Would we be giving him the praise you think he deserves?

Feel free to not reply to this directly.

I'm merely asking you to back up your claims. If you can't do that then I see no reason to believe what you claim. No problem though.

a bit rich coming from someone who absurdly supported a post the other day that I would be happy if we bought no players in this transfer window "just to be proved right".....I take it that you can't justify such claims ?

So whats your point? You want people to appreciate Shepherd? You want people to hold a candle to him? Is that your mission ?

Most people recognise the good job he did, however they also recognise the bad job he did, imagine if he appointed Souness after Keegan? Would we be giving him the praise you think he deserves?

:lol:

you've been watching too many yank movies fredbob.

I think far too many people take far too much notice of Louise Taylor by the way, falling right into what she wants ........

a bit rich coming from someone who absurdly supported a post the other day that I would be happy if we bought no players in this transfer window "just to be proved right".....I take it that you can't justify such claims ?

That was an opinion, you are claiming fact. Not like you to try and change the subject though.

Seeing as you can't back up your claims, I see no reason to continue.

That was an opinion, you are claiming fact. Not like you to try and change the subject though.

Seeing as you can't back up your claims, I see no reason to continue.

I'm not, I know someone did but I'm not arsed because 1. it doesn't matter and 2. I don't know who it was. On a general level though, you KNOW that a lot of people thought pretty much everybody was better than Fred and posted like nobodies business to that effect.

Anyway, you DID back up the daft claim that I didn't want the club to buy players and you know you did

So whats your point? You want people to appreciate Shepherd? You want people to hold a candle to him? Is that your mission ?

I think far too many people take far too much notice of Louise Taylor by the way, falling right into what she wants ........

You're having one there NE5.

"Yank movie"?? What are you on about?? Since when has the word "mission"been an american word?

Thought you wouldnt address the post bytheway! ;)

"Yank movie"?? What are you on about?? Since when has the word "mission"been an american english word?

since you wore short pants, and Newcastle United were run by people who thought staying in the top league was success ?

His "wacky" methods got Bolton into the top 6 and Europe on a net spend of zero. They didn't work here and nor did he but that doesn't mean his methods are baloney or he is a crap manager. Taylor hates him because he turned the mackems down twice. I bet Blackburn stay up with Allardyce at the helm.

Our current manager's wikipedia:

Kinnear led the Dons to a 6th place finish in the Premier League in the 1993-94 season. The next season Kinnear continued to defy the odds and Wimbledon finished 9th in the league. The achievements are made even more respectable considering the Dons had no home of their own and had a small transfer budget.

Kinnear, then guided Wimbledon to semi-finals in both of the major domestic cup competitions in 1997 as well as finishing 8th in the Premier League.

Pretty similar to Allardyce imo - same style of football, similar sized clubs, similar spending power.

Regards the \Guardian...Sports>Martina Hyde and Louise Taylor

If you read any other stories (apart from sport) in that so called newspaper you will also find unsubstantiated facts and endless quotes from insiders and anonymous informers. It really is a pile of sh*t. Alan oliver would probably get a job there.

Times and Independant for quite balanced read and lack of invented quotes...

His "wacky" methods got Bolton into the top 6 and Europe on a net spend of zero. They didn't work here and nor did he but that doesn't mean his methods are baloney or he is a crap manager. Taylor hates him because he turned the mackems down twice. I bet Blackburn stay up with Allardyce at the helm.

Of course they'll stay up, the Blackburn team Hughes left him was an identikit long ball team to the Bolton team Sam built. Allardyce's real test came at Newcastle where he tried to adapt his style to proper footballers, just like Hughes is failing with City's footballers since he went there. Both managers look like one trick ponies at this moment in time.

Did he really try to adapt this style? I don't think he did at all. And this was after he said watch me at a bigger club and the football will reflect that. It certainly didn't.

"Yank movie"?? What are you on about?? Since when has the word "mission"been an american english word?

since you wore short pants, and Newcastle United were run by people who thought staying in the top league was success ?

Are you backwards? I guess that explains your views on the club.

If I was a cunt, I'd put your post in my sig becasue its so delicious.

Of course they'll stay up, the Blackburn team Hughes left him was an identikit long ball team to the Bolton team Sam built. Allardyce's real test came at Newcastle where he tried to adapt his style to proper footballers, just like Hughes is failing with City's footballers since he went there. Both managers look like one trick ponies at this moment in time.

Did he really try to adapt this style? I don't think he did at all. And this was after he said watch me at a bigger club and the football will reflect that. It certainly didn't.

What I meant was that Allardyce tried to play long ball football with players who weren't suited for it. What worked with Bolton's players wasn't going to work with our players who are more suited to passing football. At Blackburn he's got the players to suit his football philosophy.

the sad thing is, you just don't understand do you ?

You REALLY think a football club can be successful on sports direct type prices ?

You REALLY think a football club can be successful on sports direct type prices ?

Fuck me, and you give me giref about my english. All along i thought i was talking to someone who understood english, no wonder you never understand what anyone says and misinterpret everything.

I'd ask you to point where ive specifically said that Newcastle United can be successful by not spending anything, i spent the beginning of the summer saying how much faith i had in Ashley openeing his wallet for fucks sake.

What a muppet you are.

Fuck me, and you give me giref about my english. All along i thought i was talking to someone who understood english, no wonder you never understand what anyone says and misinterpret everything.

I'd ask you to point where ive specifically said that Newcastle United can be successful by not spending anything, i spent the beginning of the summer saying how much faith i had in Ashley openeing his wallet for fucks sake.

What a muppet you are.

I really can't decide if you're a poor WUM or thick fredbob.

Suffice to say, this time last year, you were fully supporting the direction of the club and lack of investment in players to strengthen the team, despite myself and [only] one or two others telling you how it was all going so wrong. What do you think now ?

What a muppet you are.

Suffice to say, this time last year, you were fully supporting the direction of the club and lack of investment in players to strengthen the team, despite myself and [only] one or two others telling you how it was all going so wrong. What do you think now ?

If you cant decide then that would make me a good one, no? The irony continues I'm the thick one yet you dont know if the word mission is english?  :weep:

Would you of given Allardyce a bulk of money? And what does that say about my views on our transfer policy?

Feel free to ignore this post, I couldnt quite work you out but now its 100% clear you're not worth the reply.

:-*

What a muppet you are.

If you cant decide then that would make me a good one, no? The irony continues I'm the thick one yet you dont know if the word mission is english?  :weep:

Would you of given Allardyce a bulk of money? And what does that say about my views on our transfer policy?

Feel free to ignore this post, I couldnt quite work you out but now its 100% clear you're not worth the reply.

:-*

Wow ....

See your phrase "would you of given Allardyce a bulk of money".....you don't understand you're own phrase do you ?

Your question is really "would you give your own managerial appointment backing", and the answer is of course, otherwise why would you appoint him in the first place  :laugh2: