Louise Taylor skewers Allardyce

Guest guyb

His "wacky" methods got Bolton into the top 6 and Europe on a net spend of zero. They didn't work here and nor did he but that doesn't mean his methods are baloney or he is a crap manager. Taylor hates him because he turned the mackems down twice. I bet Blackburn stay up with Allardyce at the helm.

Arguably better than any of our achievements in recent memory.  Great manager and chairman.  :thup:

In all seriousness, considering what we've invested over the years, we've had a pretty poor return relative to what other clubs have achieved.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration. With Allardyce at the helm there was no hope of a Newcastle re-birth

:lol: f***ing hell, what a mentalist

beats me why so many people read the s**** that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

I bet you were enjoying it until you got to this bit though:

Bolton were on the slide and Freddy Shepherd, the chairman who hired Big Sam, failed to heed the alarm bells.

;)

I do remember some people claiming that Phil Gartside was a good chairman. Don't really know where they got the idea from, probably on account of the fact that Allardyce did a great job at Bolton, who then promoted Sammy Lee, like lots of other chairman who appoint number 2's into the number 1.

I don't get it, what's Gartside got to do with that article?

It also has to be said, SA did wonders at  Bolton and if one half of a season he had a bad run is all she can mock him for then SHE'S scraping the barrell.

He was f**king shocking here, like. Can't argue with that!

Well, in actual fact, its because she is probably making it up. Bolton had reached their peak, and Gartside was said to be a good chairman by many people [for appointing Allardyce ?] and Allardyce was also believed by many people to be ready for the big job.

Isn't hindsight wonderful ?

Yes, hindsight. If only more people in the world would learn from it.

Anyway, football....

Dunno if Gartside is any good but he certainly got lucky with Allardyce. And I for one, thought Allardyce deserved a chance at a bigger club.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2136903.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

I would absolutely love to wipe the smug smile off his fat f***ing mug on Saturday.

i'll give you a couple of clues sam......derby took 4 points off us (should've been 6) and your quotes that at 3 goals down in 15mins at home to portsmouth "what can you do"...well sam we were only 2 goals down with 70mins to go and you didn't have a fucking clue

This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration. With Allardyce at the helm there was no hope of a Newcastle re-birth

beats me why so many people read the s**** that she puts out, never mind the rag full stop

Bolton were on the slide and Freddy Shepherd, the chairman who hired Big Sam, failed to heed the alarm bells.

;)

I do remember some people claiming that Phil Gartside was a good chairman. Don't really know where they got the idea from, probably on account of the fact that Allardyce did a great job at Bolton, who then promoted Sammy Lee, like lots of other chairman who appoint number 2's into the number 1.

I don't get it, what's Gartside got to do with that article?

It also has to be said, SA did wonders at  Bolton and if one half of a season he had a bad run is all she can mock him for then SHE'S scraping the barrell.

He was f**king shocking here, like. Can't argue with that!

Well, in actual fact, its because she is probably making it up. Bolton had reached their peak, and Gartside was said to be a good chairman by many people [for appointing Allardyce ?] and Allardyce was also believed by many people to be ready for the big job.

Isn't hindsight wonderful ?

Yes, hindsight. If only more people in the world would learn from it.

Anyway, football....

Dunno if Gartside is any good but he certainly got lucky with Allardyce. And I for one, thought Allardyce deserved a chance at a bigger club.

don't know who you are or where you have sprung from............but people actually said that Gartside was a better chairman than Shepherd. For whatever reason, I've no idea, but I suspect its nothing other than the usual wild knicker wetting and cliches spouted with no grounds whatsoever and if anything the judgement, if you can call it that, would be stacked in the opposite direction.

His "wacky" methods got Bolton into the top 6 and Europe on a net spend of zero. They didn't work here and nor did he but that doesn't mean his methods are baloney or he is a crap manager. Taylor hates him because he turned the mackems down twice. I bet Blackburn stay up with Allardyce at the helm.

I bet there wage bill was high.

lets make a profit in the championship then

Guest elbee909

NE5, can you please provide any evidence of anyone on here claiming Gartside was a better chairman than Shepherd? I can't find any.

It'll be the 'many people', I'm guessing.  Yet more of 'everyone else' being wrong, just with few instances of it actually being the case.

Of course they'll stay up, the Blackburn team Hughes left him was an identikit long ball team to the Bolton team Sam built. Allardyce's real test came at Newcastle where he tried to adapt his style to proper footballers, just like Hughes is failing with City's footballers since he went there. Both managers look like one trick ponies at this moment in time.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2136903.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Football

I would absolutely love to wipe the smug smile off his fat fucking mug on Saturday.

“If you look at Kevin’s and Joe’s record I think mine stands up against theirs.”

What a fucking cheek. The football Keegan's team was playing at the end of last season was on a different planet. I hope the abuse rains down from all four corners on Saturday. Cheeky bastard.

I would absolutely love to wipe the smug smile off his fat fucking mug on Saturday.

If you look at Kevins and Joes record I think mine stands up against theirs.

What a fucking cheek. The football Keegan's team was playing at the end of last season was on a different planet. I hope the abuse rains down from all four corners on Saturday. Cheeky bastard.

Allardyce's unique brand of self-delusion has always been the main reason I despise the bloke. He's unable to learn from when he goes wrong because he can't seem to accept that he's ever made a mistake.

If he came out and said he fucked up at Newcastle then I could almost forgive him, but to think he actually considers the anti-football he served up here (and the spineless way we approached games against lesser teams) a decent job is beyond belief.

Guest Howaythetoon

I would absolutely love to wipe the smug smile off his fat f***ing mug on Saturday.

“If you look at Kevin’s and Joe’s record I think mine stands up against theirs.”

What a f***ing cheek. The football Keegan's team was playing at the end of last season was on a different planet. I hope the abuse rains down from all four corners on Saturday. Cheeky b******.

Allardyce's unique brand of self-delusion has always been the main reason I despise the bloke. He's unable to learn from when he goes wrong because he can't seem to accept that he's ever made a mistake.

If he came out and said he f***ed up at Newcastle then I could almost forgive him, but to think he actually considers the anti-football he served up here (and the spineless way we approached games against lesser teams) a decent job is beyond belief.

I don't think in private thought he'd view his time here as a success, quite the opposite more than likely given his analytical approach to everything. However in public no manager is going to be entirely frank and open, especially manager's like Allardyce who self promote.

Me, I'll judge him on his actual management and what he was trying to achieve and not what he says now and I maintain despite the football, results and performances being not good enough under his stewardship, 21 games is too brief a time for any manager to make some kind of impact, positive or otherwise.

For me the moment Shepherd lost control, the whole dynamic of Big Sam and what his job involved and with it his chances of succeeding changed. On his part he also tried to do too much, change too much, in too short a time. He didn't adapt whatsoever to the club's own culture, instead he tried to stamp his own and all he knew onto the club, again all at break neck speed or over 21 games or whatever it was.

In normal circumstances over the period of 3-4 years he'd have turned the club around on and off the pith in my opinion and would have had us in the top 8-6 and pushing on, although the football wouldn't have been the greatest but me I'd give my right arm for that kind of future right now.

Regarding the hatred, I don't get it personally.

I was sad to see him go, yet another failed manager here at our club is never good.

If you look at Kevins and Joes record I think mine stands up against theirs.

What a f***ing cheek. The football Keegan's team was playing at the end of last season was on a different planet. I hope the abuse rains down from all four corners on Saturday. Cheeky b******.

If he came out and said he f***ed up at Newcastle then I could almost forgive him, but to think he actually considers the anti-football he served up here (and the spineless way we approached games against lesser teams) a decent job is beyond belief.

I don't think in private thought he'd view his time here as a success, quite the opposite more than likely given his analytical approach to everything. However in public no manager is going to be entirely frank and open, especially manager's like Allardyce who self promote.

Me, I'll judge him on his actual management and what he was trying to achieve and not what he says now and I maintain despite the football, results and performances being not good enough under his stewardship, 21 games is too brief a time for any manager to make some kind of impact, positive or otherwise.

For me the moment Shepherd lost control, the whole dynamic of Big Sam and what his job involved and with it his chances of succeeding changed. On his part he also tried to do too much, change too much, in too short a time. He didn't adapt whatsoever to the club's own culture, instead he tried to stamp his own and all he knew onto the club, again all at break neck speed or over 21 games or whatever it was.

In normal circumstances over the period of 3-4 years he'd have turned the club around on and off the pith in my opinion and would have had us in the top 8-6 and pushing on, although the football wouldn't have been the greatest but me I'd give my right arm for that kind of future right now.

I was sad to see him go, yet another failed manager here at our club is never good.

I actually thought Allardyce was a decent appointment, didn't work out for a number of reasons - the main one was the change in ownership imo. He wasn't Ashley's man, and unless he did something pretty good, pretty quickly, he was going to be in trouble. The football we were playing (specifically the likes of Liverpool, Portsmouth and Derby at home, Derby and Wigan away) did him no favours.

Had we not screwed up with Keegan, we'd be in a better position that if he'd stayed. As it is, we're in a worse one (all imo, obviously).

As I stated in the other thread, I don't think the dislike comes so much from his tenure, as the rubbish he's spouted about the club and fans since. He's come across as a very small minded child to me, and taken every oppertunity to stick the knife in. It's no surprise, and deserved, that he'll get some stick tomorrow.

Anyone who isn't successful for us is almost immediately derided by a large portion of fans. Now people are entitled to say what they want but the whole hating someone/abusing them isn't something I personally get into very often.

Whatever people think of them, I'm sure a lot of these people (such as Allardyce) believed in what they were doing and were honestly trying to help the club out. They tried, and they failed.

I can personally be very critical when I need to be and I don't mind using strong words. I leave the hatred and abuse out of it though, my problems with people related to the club tend to be performance-related, not about them as a person.

People however deserve (in my opinion) to be disliked for certain reasons; such as not putting the application that is required in (especially the players who are paid vast sums), acting like N'Zogbia recently and whoring yourself around and dragging the club's name down with it, doing things on and off the pitch that bring the club down, lying, and disrespecting others. There is also the odd case where someone will do such a bad job of it that the honourable and correct thing to do would be to resign or take a step back. If you stick at it and delude yourself into thinking you're up to the task then you deserve any stick you might get.

Anyone who isn't successful for us is almost immediately derided by a large portion of fans. Now people are entitled to say what they want but the whole hating someone/abusing them isn't something I personally get into very often.

Hope I don't fall into that category, I despise Allardyce but for very specific reasons - the football he served up, his spineless approach to some games, that I've never been so worried about relegation, and the fact he still insists he did a good job.

Whatever people think of them, I'm sure a lot of these people (such as Allardyce) believed in what they were doing and were honestly trying to help the club out. They tried, and they failed.

I can personally be very critical when I need to be and I don't mind using strong words. I leave the hatred and abuse out of it though, my problems with people related to the club tend to be performance-related, not about them as a person.

People however deserve (in my opinion) to be disliked for certain reasons, such as not putting the application that is required in (especially the players who paid vast sums), acting like N'Zogbia recently and whoring yourself around and dragging the club's name down with it, doing things on and off the pitch that bring the club down, lying, and disrespecting others.

the major problem with allardyce was that decisions he made often seemed to made out of spite ("i know best and i'm going to play alan smith in midfield just to prove i can", "i will play milner on the left and n,zogbia on the right"))

Hope I don't fall into that category, I despise Allardyce but for very specific reasons - the football he served up, his spineless approach to some games, that I've never been so worried about relegation, and the fact he still insists he did a good job.

No, like I said, people are disliked and derided for a number of reasons. One of which includes just not being very good at what you do and not being as successful as was hoped. That's fair enough.

I'm just saying I personally don't get into the whole abuse thing, it's not in my nature. Do I hate Allardyce? Not really. I don't have much time for him but I don't hate the guy, he did poorly but I doubt he meant to. Like HTT says, I don't get why people get so upset when ex-managers and players come out and defend themselves and say they did a good job or whatever. I mean I appreciate a bit of honesty as much as the next man but do you really think these people were ever going to come out and admit they did a poor job of it? Careers in sport can be fairly short, the last thing you really want to do is make things worse for yourself during your career by admitting you weren't very good.

I'm sure employers value self-belief, a good reputation and confidence over a bit of honesty. I'd not be very comfortable - if I was a Blackburn fan, for instance - if the manager of my club came out and told the world that he messed up and failed. That won't inspire me to have faith in him and his team.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I don't hate Allardyce, although I do think he's a prick. But when you have a bloke in charge of your team who is shit-scared of Derby County you have to get rid. Negative attitudes like his, like Dalglish's and like Souness' have a detrimental effect on football teams.

I'm suprised Allardyce, with his back up team of 'ologists', didn't realise the benefit of positive thinking.

One of the reasons Keegan was so popular is that he spoke positively and his teams played positively.

Guest sittingontheball

The other week, Lawrie Sanchez said on the radio that Allardyce's e-mail address includes the phrase "bigsam".

Sums the man up tbh.

The other week, Lawrie Sanchez said on the radio that Allardyce's e-mail address includes the phrase "bigsam".

Sums the man up tbh.

What?

How does it? He's been referred to as Big Sam for years. He's a big man.

;)

When was the last time we promoted a number 2 to a number 1? I'm failing to see if you're meaning it's positive or negative tbh.

why do you want to know when we last promoted a number 2 ?

I'm pointing out that, according to many people, you don't appoint number 2's, yet supposedly good chairman elsewhere have promoted number 2's to the manager's job ? Lots of them have, in fact, and some of them have also been very successful. At the time, I thought giving Roeder a crack had some merit. It seems now that Shearer was a good number 2  :coolsmiley: to Roeder, and very influential. But thats just hindsight and speculation, although hindsight views suit some people who can't state a judgement. So it didn't work out for him, and correctly for NUFC having ambitions much higher than mid table positions, they decided they wanted better, unlike Ashley and also unlike their predecessors.

roeder wasn't our no.2 but he did continue the rot that started with souness.

7th in the league. A position gained only twice in over 30 years prior to 1992. You consider that failure ? It confirms everything I've said about ambition and expectation.

Well it was 2 places lower than we DESERVED to be, according to you.

He wasn't a number 2 either, which is why I asked who you meant?

Ok, he wasn't number 2, but he had been caretaker manager before doing well and getting the permanent role ?

Very very few people on here wanted him appointed as manager though, so you can hardly claim it was hindsight.

wanted him as first choice ? Of course not, how many first choice managers do you appoint, I wouldn't even expect Ashley to appoint Wenger or Ferguson, but they were happy to go with it and thought he might have done it, including me which I will admit I said it was worth a crack. To say otherwise now after the event is what I mean by hindsight. But he did well at first, with Shearer alongside him, and that is why he was considered because he certainly wouldn't have been if he hadn't done well, thats obvious isn't it ?

My earlier comments are true BTW. Gartside was praised by many people for some reason, as being better than Shepherd [who wasn't, what do they think now ?]. Then Shepherd appointed Gartsides manager - Shepherd was criticised for appointing a caretaker to the full job, then Gartside went and did exactly the same thing - you couldn't make up such stuff. Laughable. Personality driven agendas. Laughable.

Does your information on what people wanted come from other places, as I can't remember any of what you're claiming. Are you just commenting on what you hear down the pub?

Serious question by the way, because the majority of people on here were gutted when Roeder was appointed.

And who has ever mentioned Gartside on here other than you?

old server , old server. As you know.

Might even have been you that said Gartside was "better than Fred" tbh, I did have one or two debates with you about the merits of the fat bastard, but won't say for certain as I can't prove it ......... but now that you are here, do you now think that the old fat bastard was much better than the new fat bastard, based on results rather than personal agendas you understand ?

Honest answer? I honestly don't know. The club was going backwards, and it's still going backwards. Whether there's actually anyone out there capable of getting us to go forwards again, I don't know.

I don't agree with Ashley's policy of not spending, but I also didn't agree with Fred's policy of spending money which we didn't have.

You're basically asking me to choose between aids and cancer.

I've never mentioned Gartside in any conversation on this board until this thread by the way.