Magpies sign Vuckic

Dokko

Should be finished by now I think? Can't find the score anywhere!  :angry:

Hoping for Derby 0-4 Newcastle (Ranger 2, Vuckic 2).  :coolsmiley:

Derby County U18s 2 (Dillon 2)

Newcastle United U18s 4 (Vuckic 2, Inman, McCrudden).

I think. If the team-sheet was accurate.

Guest MrSundlofer

There were 3 'new' players on the bench today.'New' meaning, not appeared on the bench before

Probably schoolboys.

McGorrigan, Page and Mogwo.

Never heard of them before.

There were 3 'new' players on the bench today.'New' meaning, not appeared on the bench before

Probably schoolboys.

Do you know anything about any of our academy/youth keepers who haven't played at U18 level yet?

Probably schoolboys.

Do you know anything about any of our academy/youth keepers who haven't played at U18 level yet?

Err no, Jak Alnwick is only young but has played at Under 18 level.

anyone seen the game?

Only the hardcore as the game was in Derby.

That'll be me then; tbf there were other Toon fans there (obvious from car-stickers, nobody sad enough to wear a top).

Owing to the vagaries of the team-sheet and the eye-level view identification was difficult. The match was pretty even until the last ten minutes when County tired noticably and we scored 3 in quick succession. Vuckic was easily identifiable as every time the bench shouted an instruction he clearly had trouble understanding; he played in midfield. County had played a pressing game throughout and that accounted for their fatique.

Goalie looked good, stopped some shots. Both full-backs were OK. Nile had a better second-half and appears to have size 23 feet. Donaldson played well, especially later on, as did McCrudden.

The good pitch was spoilt by a very strong cross-wind but the lads played some nice football in the end to finish them.

It'll be interesting to see who makes it through. I hope McCrudden does, chippy little Ulsterman who always gave it a go and took his goal well.

Fraser - What made you watch this game? Is it local for you?

It is local, yes, and I wanted to see Ranger and Vuckic in particular; plus I'm not coming up today because of work commitments early tomorrow. It was a fix of sorts to see me through.

It is local, yes, and I wanted to see Ranger and Vuckic in particular; plus I'm not coming up today because of work commitments early tomorrow. It was a fix of sorts to see me through.

Is it the 1st time you have seen Ranger?

Is it the 1st time you have seen Ranger?

Yes; they had two very powerful centre-backs and it seemed to trouble him first-half. Second-half he started to dominate them and they, in particular, tired towards the end. The other lad up front (HendersonWilliams?) was a little better if anything. It was good to have an opportunity to watch Nile though; powerful lad, pacy but only really had a couple of half-chances.

• 2 weeks later...