Magpies sign Vuckic

Dokko

Excellent news that we're doing this, very pleasing to see the club pursue the youth policy.

:thup:

Without wanting to switch this into something else - it does show some signs of long term planning which can only be good for the club.

Lets just hope they dont forget about the present.

Excellent news that we're doing this, very pleasing to see the club pursue the youth policy.

Without wanting to switch this into something else - it does show some signs of long term planning which can only be good for the club.

you mean the bung ?

The entire thing is just a total contradiction. Whilst it's blatantly obvious that Ashley has got no interests in pursuing his life as the owner of Newcastle United (today's news merely confirms that)... yet he's still got Wise and his minions on the payroll. I guess it'd just just be too much of a pisstake if he were to get rid of Wise now, given the events that led to Keegan's exit.

Like it matters.

What do you possibly mean?

Meh, i'm generalising tbh. Just feel a bit as if - whatever hope i had left - has just been thoroughly sapped with today's news about Kinnear. Aye i saw it coming but the reality of it hurts.

I've always been for the academy policy so my opinion hasn't really changed on this - it's good that we've been doing it and a refreshing chance to the previous regime. We won't reap the rewards of any signing with this manager though.

Yikes. I'm forming the thesis of an agenda here. Better go careful tbf.

Fair enough, Kinnear hasnt inspired me at all, its yet another transistion season for us, its just good to see that there is actually good things happening at the club throuoguht the doom and gloom.

When was the last time you saw the club make such an effort to look for the future of the club?

The entire thing is just a total contradiction. Whilst it's blatantly obvious that Ashley has got no interests in pursuing his life as the owner of Newcastle United (today's news merely confirms that)... yet he's still got Wise and his minions on the payroll. I guess it'd just just be too much of a pisstake if he were to get rid of Wise now, given the events that led to Keegan's exit.

Wise et al anit doing a bad job to be fair. A bum loan doesn't change that.

we can't really say as we don't klnow who is doing what.

Exactly. Whilst I'm all for this policy of trying to bring in the best youngsters, it should be secondary to the fact that the first team needs serious investment.

you mean the bung ?

Is that you 'Arry?

Like it matters.

Meh, i'm generalising tbh. Just feel a bit as if - whatever hope i had left - has just been thoroughly sapped with today's news about Kinnear. Aye i saw it coming but the reality of it hurts.

I've always been for the academy policy so my opinion hasn't really changed on this - it's good that we've been doing it and a refreshing chance to the previous regime. We won't reap the rewards of any signing with this manager though.

Fair enough, Kinnear hasnt inspired me at all, its yet another transistion season for us, its just good to see that there is actually good things happening at the club throuoguht the doom and gloom.

When was the last time you saw the club make such an effort to look for the future of the club?

Like i say, it's all just a total contradition. Whilst we're maintaining a focus on bringing young players in, we're appointing Joe fucking Kinnear as permanent manager. As far as i'm concerned, with that clown, the future points to one direction - and that is ultimately down. Of course, by some point it'll get to breaking point and he'll have to sack him, but that doesn't represent any sort of consolation for me. If Ashley is serious, he would have chucked Kinnear, chucked Wise (no PL manager will work with that), and got someone decent in. I really, deeply wish that had happened - and signings like this one would get the credit they deserve.

With things as they are though... pfft. As if it even matters. :undecided:

Like it matters.

Like i say, it's all just a total contradition. Whilst we're maintaining a focus on bringing young players in, we're appointing Joe f***ing Kinnear as permanent manager. As far as i'm concerned, with that clown, the future points to one direction - and that is ultimately down. Of course, by some point it'll get to breaking point and he'll have to sack him, but that doesn't represent any sort of consolation for me. If Ashley is serious, he would have chucked Kinnear, chucked Wise (no PL manager will work with that), and got someone decent in. I really, deeply wish that had happened - and signings like this one would get the credit they deserve.

With respect to Kinnear, who's done some good while here, that really does sum up my feelings too.

Bit early for that. The time to judge will be if these youngsters make it.

Exactly. Whilst I'm all for this policy of trying to bring in the best youngsters, it should be secondary to the fact that the first team needs serious investment.

I agree that the squad needs investing in but i disagree that the first team needs major investment. For me this is the best first team we've had in about 5 years, id say we were a CM away from being a very very good side, we just need a manager to pull it all together.  :shifty:

Don't disagree with that at all - i've been all for Wise's involvement and i think he's brought in some bloody good players.

I'm just saying, it's odd that Ashley is still letting it continue, when it's obvious he doesn't give a shit about seeing the club succeed. The only feasible explination is that getting rid would look so embarrassing, given the events that led to Keegan's departure. If you get what i mean.

we can't really say as we don't klnow who is doing what.

Exactly none of us are any the wiser! :pow:

Bit early for that. The time to judge will be if these youngsters make it.

Aye, fair enough. But the whole player recruitmant team haven't done a bad job whatever way you look at it..

Like it matters.

Like i say, it's all just a total contradition. Whilst we're maintaining a focus on bringing young players in, we're appointing Joe fucking Kinnear as permanent manager. As far as i'm concerned, with that clown, the future points to one direction - and that is ultimately down. Of course, by some point it'll get to breaking point and he'll have to sack him, but that doesn't represent any sort of consolation for me. If Ashley is serious, he would have chucked Kinnear, chucked Wise (no PL manager will work with that), and got someone decent in. I really, deeply wish that had happened - and signings like this one would get the credit they deserve.

Chuck Kinnear yes, chuck Wise no. He's done a good job so far, we still dont know the circumstances of the summer, Ive actually been impressed with the way Kinnear has drilled the team defensively, i get the feeling that attacking play is going to be pretty conventional with the attacking players just doing what they're paid for. I dont expect to see Arsenal type football but im pretty conifdent that they quality of our players will get us thorugh, like it has done on occasions this season.

I agree that the squad needs investing in but i disagree that the first team needs major investment. For me this is the best first team we've had in about 5 years, id say we were a CM away from being a very very good side, we just need a manager to pull it all together.  :shifty:

Concur, and have personally thought that from the very beginning.

We were on the very breaches of a shiny new direction. It was on the tip of the tit, just round the corner. Which makes the second half of 2008, and the turmoil that will continue to follow for however many years to come, even harder to swallow.

Christ, as much as it may sound like it, i'm not actually perched on the edge of a tall building whilst typing this. ???

Like it matters.

Chuck Kinnear yes, chuck Wise no. He's done a good job so far, we still dont know the circumstances of the summer, Ive actually been impressed with the way Kinnear has drilled the team defensively, i get the feeling that attacking play is going to be pretty conventional with the attacking players just doing what they're paid for. I dont expect to see Arsenal type football but im pretty conifdent that they quality of our players will get us thorugh, like it has done on occasions this season.

I've been in favour of Wise too, like i said to Spins there. But managers will not come in and work with/beneath that structure, it just won't happen, so if we're gonna progress - ultimately it needs to go. It's a crying shame, but for the greater good...

Guest Heneage

Good youth investment, lets get working on the First XI.

Seen much of him Nixon? What do the lads at the youth academy think of him?

I'm unaware if this is piss-taking, if it is then all I say is if you don't want ot know about your club then fine.

But any player who Milan looked at is good in my eyes, they have a good academy.

Guest firetotheworks

Like it matters.

Like i say, it's all just a total contradition. Whilst we're maintaining a focus on bringing young players in, we're appointing Joe f***ing Kinnear as permanent manager. As far as i'm concerned, with that clown, the future points to one direction - and that is ultimately down. Of course, by some point it'll get to breaking point and he'll have to sack him, but that doesn't represent any sort of consolation for me. If Ashley is serious, he would have chucked Kinnear, chucked Wise (no PL manager will work with that), and got someone decent in. I really, deeply wish that had happened - and signings like this one would get the credit they deserve.

I've been in favour of Wise too, like i said to Spins there. But managers will not come in and work with/beneath that structure, it just won't happen, so if we're gonna progress - ultimately it needs to go. It's a crying shame, but for the greater good...

I agree, in fact I think if it was anyone but Dennis Wise we'd be talking about giving him the job. Imagine if it was the same scenario and background but with Rob Lee, or a non ex player like I dunno....erm (Thinks of a model professional) ....er..Dennis Irwin.

Like it matters.

Not really sure I can agree yorkie, it works abroad. We need someone who is happy as a coach, not as a manager, if the system is to be seen how we imagine.