Magpies sign Vuckic

Dokko

Excellent news that we're doing this, very pleasing to see the club pursue the youth policy.

Like it matters.

What do you possibly mean?

Meh, i'm generalising tbh. Just feel a bit as if - whatever hope i had left - has just been thoroughly sapped with today's news about Kinnear. Aye i saw it coming but the reality of it hurts.

I've always been for the academy policy so my opinion hasn't really changed on this - it's good that we've been doing it and a refreshing chance to the previous regime. We won't reap the rewards of any signing with this manager though.

Yikes. I'm forming the thesis of an agenda here. Better go careful tbf.

Fair enough, Kinnear hasnt inspired me at all, its yet another transistion season for us, its just good to see that there is actually good things happening at the club throuoguht the doom and gloom.

When was the last time you saw the club make such an effort to look for the future of the club?

Like i say, it's all just a total contradition. Whilst we're maintaining a focus on bringing young players in, we're appointing Joe f***ing Kinnear as permanent manager. As far as i'm concerned, with that clown, the future points to one direction - and that is ultimately down. Of course, by some point it'll get to breaking point and he'll have to sack him, but that doesn't represent any sort of consolation for me. If Ashley is serious, he would have chucked Kinnear, chucked Wise (no PL manager will work with that), and got someone decent in. I really, deeply wish that had happened - and signings like this one would get the credit they deserve.

With things as they are though... pfft. As if it even matters. :undecided:

Chuck Kinnear yes, chuck Wise no. He's done a good job so far, we still dont know the circumstances of the summer, Ive actually been impressed with the way Kinnear has drilled the team defensively, i get the feeling that attacking play is going to be pretty conventional with the attacking players just doing what they're paid for. I dont expect to see Arsenal type football but im pretty conifdent that they quality of our players will get us thorugh, like it has done on occasions this season.

I've been in favour of Wise too, like i said to Spins there. But managers will not come in and work with/beneath that structure, it just won't happen, so if we're gonna progress - ultimately it needs to go. It's a crying shame, but for the greater good...

Not really sure I can agree yorkie, it works abroad. We need someone who is happy as a coach, not as a manager, if the system is to be seen how we imagine.

If we appointed a young yes-man from the continent who's simply got decent coaching/motivation skills... then aye, i think it might work. I like the system, i think it is feasilbe. That would never, ever have been accepted though - it wasn't an option. From Kevin Keegan to Senor Iki-pie-po... Ashley wouldn't have been safe in his own bed. Our targets would be British managers, Premier League managers, and they will NOT work with the system, which is why it needed to go.

Well it looks like we have half "the system" working properly.  Like others have said though, it does send out a rather mixed message.  If Ashley wants out then I'm not sure what benefits he gets from investing in youth.  Short term, it certainly doesn't add anything noticeable to the value of the club from his perspective.

If we are to have any chance of competing, then unless we get out own multi-billionaire Arab, then this strategy will play a major part in that.

Well it looks like we have half "the system" working properly.  Like others have said though, it does send out a rather mixed message.  If Ashley wants out then I'm not sure what benefits he gets from investing in youth.  Short term, it certainly doesn't add anything noticeable to the value of the club from his perspective.

If we are to have any chance of competing, then unless we get out own multi-billionaire Arab, then this strategy will play a major part in that.

about a quarter of the system.

half the thing with getting in talented kids is improving them and bringing them through....something we have been very,very bad at for years.

Guest neesy111

nice to hear, although we're doing awful at the moment in 3-4 years time we should have 5-6 players pushing for 1st team places

half the thing with getting in talented kids is improving them and bringing them through....something we have been very,very bad at for years.

True, but half the problem in the past is that we've been very poor at identifying and signing up the best young talent in the first place.  Poor scouting, lack of investment  ?  Who knows, but we should have been doing this for years.

Well it looks like we have half "the system" working properly. Like others have said though, it does send out a rather mixed message. If Ashley wants out then I'm not sure what benefits he gets from investing in youth. Short term, it certainly doesn't add anything noticeable to the value of the club from his perspective.

Its all well and good now bringing in this young talent. Once they are here though, have we got the right people in place to bring them along - teach them the right habits, playing attacking passing football (which I guess is a generalised preference) etc ?

Currently the environment in which they are to be involved isnt great. They are coming to a club thats in utter turmoil. It might not take an agent long to have a word in the ear of any youngster showing promise to suggest that he will be much better off somewhere else.