The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Guest The Libertine

obviously not. my whole gripe with keegan is to do with why and when he quit. if the verdict sheds some light (official light, not newspaper gossip) on that then i'll be satisfied.

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a shit load of money.

What about what Mike Ashley has cost us ? i.e. Premiership status.

i cant turn back the clock and hope we stay up but i can hope keegan gets no money from us.

So basically you dont blame him for it then.

Staggering.

ffs. will the keegan bummers ever act their age?

I am just trying to see if you will ever be adult and honest enough to admit that you are a strong supporter of Mike Ashley.

Nothing childish in that.

aye, im loving all this. last season was the best i can remember. keegan IS the messiah.

happy?

I hope Keegan wins the case and screws Ashley for the full amount - he's entitled to it.

None of the money would have been spent on players, in case no ones noticed ,we are are selling club, we dont buy players anymore.

Even if Mike Ashley puts the club into administration because of it, as has been suggested in the .com article and we lose 10 points because of it?

Good question. :thup:

I hope Keegan wins the case and screws Ashley for the full amount - he's entitled to it. 

None of the money would have been spent on players, in case no ones noticed ,we are are selling club, we dont buy players anymore.   

Even if Mike Ashley puts the club into administration because of it, as has been suggested in the .com article and we lose 10 points because of it?

If Mike Ashley is rather prepared to put the club into administration and lose 10 points than back it and protect his investment with the necessary amount of money then he is a really sad individual tbh.

Guest The Libertine

obviously not. my whole gripe with keegan is to do with why and when he quit. if the verdict sheds some light (official light, not newspaper gossip) on that then i'll be satisfied.

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a s*** load of money.

i cant turn back the clock and hope we stay up but i can hope keegan gets no money from us.

Staggering.

I am just trying to see if you will ever be adult and honest enough to admit that you are a strong supporter of Mike Ashley.

He'll never admit it, his hatred for KK has blinded him.

can you point out anywhere i have said i hated keegan?

he's still a hero, i just dont trust him anymore.

aye, im loving all this. last season was the best i can remember. keegan IS the messiah.

happy?

Now who's being childish ?

I asked you a perfectly sensible question.

Since KK left, you have been very quick to post snide and critical comments of Keegan (I seem to remember you very quickly posting a photo of him playing golf - maybe in the Hull match thread ?)

I honestly cannot remember one post from you which was as snidey or sarcastic about Mike Ashley or Derek Llambias.

The lack of posts from you with an anti MA slant imply that you are a strong supporter of him (or bummer to use your terminology)

i dont hate keegan, i just want him to lose because it'll cost us a s*** load of money.

Staggering.

He'll never admit it, his hatred for KK has blinded him.

can you point out anywhere i have said i hated keegan?

he's still a hero, i just dont trust him anymore.

Your comments ever since he left suggests he isn't a hero of yours anymore. If he ever was.

Guest The Libertine

happy?

Now who's being childish ?

I asked you a perfectly sensible question.

Since KK left, you have been very quick to post snide and critical comments of Keegan (I seem to remember you very quickly posting a photo of him playing golf - maybe in the Hull match thread

I honestly cannot remember one post from you which was as snidey or sarcastic about Mike Ashley or Derek Llambias.

The lack of posts from you with an anti MA slant imply that you are a strong supporter of him (or bummer to use your terminology)

jesus, there is a difference between questioning keegan (and posting the odd joke picture) and making "snide and critical comments".

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58965.msg1630199.html#msg1630199

my position was made clear then. anything and almost everything on the subject of ashley/wise/keegan etc other than that has been either an attempt to annoy the blind keegan fans or just to kill time. keegan IS still a hero but i dont trust him. simple as that. sorry x

Guest The Libertine

Nah, you've been NO's most one-sided and fanatical defender of Ashley, and you still are.

ok. bet against logic and go for the long odds.

jesus, there is a difference between questioning keegan (and posting the odd joke picture) and making "snide and critical comments".

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58965.msg1630199.html#msg1630199

my position was made clear then. anything and almost everything on the subject of ashley/wise/keegan etc other than that has been either an attempt to annoy the blind keegan fans or just to kill time. keegan IS still a hero but i dont trust him. simple as that. sorry x

You see that kind of comment is perfectly fine.

To be honest though, I have never seen too many of that type come from you concerning Kevin. You only ever seem to have offered comments on who you blame but not who you support.. hence the suggestion that you are an Ashley supporter.

You may criticise and laugh at the Keegan "bummers" but they are being open and honest and are pinning their flags to the mast (whether rightly or wrongly). Personally I feel a little suspicious of people who are quick to criticise but who arent open about who they support. Comes across like they arent prepared to answer questions about their judgement.

Still, I am not trying to antagonise or pick a fight. It's only football after all :thup:

EDIT : At least you admitted you're a WUM

Newcastle face administration, loss of points

By Soccernet staff

September 24, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Newcastle United could be forced into administration if former boss Kevin Keegan wins a massive compensation pay-out.

Owner Mike Ashley is expected to know by Friday how much money, if any, the club owes its former manager as he waits to hear from a Premier League independent arbitration panel on Keegan's constructive dismissal claim.

Some at the club fear Keegan could be awarded far in excess of the £9 million which has been reported if he successfully argues his case.

Should the outcome cause Ashley to choose administration, the Magpies would lose 10 Championship points, a penalty which would undermine their efforts to drag themselves back into the Premier League at the first attempt.

It is just over a year since Keegan left St James' Park for the second time as manager amid a furious bust-up over the club's transfer policy. His departure came following the deadline day arrivals of striker Xisco and loan signing Ignacio Gonzalez, both allegedly without his knowledge.

His case is understood to rest on his claims that his position had become untenable, while Newcastle's defence is that he was fully aware of the way the recruitment set-up would work under Dennis Wise, then executive director (football), and that he walked out on his contract.

The two parties met in an attempt to find a solution days later, but were unable to do so, and arbitration talks since have also proved unsuccessful.

After Keegan left, Chris Hughton, Joe Kinnear, Hughton again and Alan Shearer had spells as manager, but none of them were able to prevent relegation at the end of last season.

Ashley held talks with Shearer in the immediate aftermath of the drop to discuss the way forward, but then decided instead to put the club up for sale for the second time.

But almost four months on and despite lengthy negotiations with a series of potential buyers, none has yet finalised a £100 million deal to end the sportswear magnate's ill-fated tenure.

The playing staff has been greatly reduced by a summer exodus which has seen a wage bill of £74 million cut by around half, and as the club awaits developments on the Keegan front, only two loan signings - Danny Simpson and Zurabs Khizanishvili - have arrived to plug the gap.

Would Keegan take the money if it means dropping us right in it?

If he did he'd be as hated as Ashley. Somehow I feel Keegan wouldn't want the club to suffer if that is indeed a fact.

Aye that's why he's suing (or whatever) the club :lol:

"I want £9m, no less!!"

"But it will leave us in a very bad position financially"

"Alright then, little bit for the taxi though?"

Good question. :thup:

Having Mike Ashley as owner is like a 20 point hit every season, so a one-off 10 point hit to ditch all the debt, cancel any overly large player contracts and get rid of Ashley would actually be well worth it.

Kev doing what's best for the club yet again! :thup:

If he did he'd be as hated as Ashley. Somehow I feel Keegan wouldn't want the club to suffer if that is indeed a fact.

"I want £9m, no less!!"

Keegan will be looking at it as 9m from Ashley's pocket, not the clubs. I actually think that's what he believes.

"I want £9m, no less!!"

Keegan will be looking at it as 9m from Ashley's pocket, not the clubs. I actually think that's what he believes.

He'll be looking at it as 9m.

Yep.

He loves the club, of course, that goes without saying. Just loves it.

If he does walk out of these proceedings with £8-10 million, that would make the day Ashley called him with a job offer the luckiest day of his life.

Newcastle face administration, loss of points

By Soccernet staff

September 24, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Newcastle United could be forced into administration if former boss Kevin Keegan wins a massive compensation pay-out.

Owner Mike Ashley is expected to know by Friday how much money, if any, the club owes its former manager as he waits to hear from a Premier League independent arbitration panel on Keegan's constructive dismissal claim.

Some at the club fear Keegan could be awarded far in excess of the £9 million which has been reported if he successfully argues his case.

Should the outcome cause Ashley to choose administration, the Magpies would lose 10 Championship points, a penalty which would undermine their efforts to drag themselves back into the Premier League at the first attempt.

It is just over a year since Keegan left St James' Park for the second time as manager amid a furious bust-up over the club's transfer policy. His departure came following the deadline day arrivals of striker Xisco and loan signing Ignacio Gonzalez, both allegedly without his knowledge.

His case is understood to rest on his claims that his position had become untenable, while Newcastle's defence is that he was fully aware of the way the recruitment set-up would work under Dennis Wise, then executive director (football), and that he walked out on his contract.

The two parties met in an attempt to find a solution days later, but were unable to do so, and arbitration talks since have also proved unsuccessful.

After Keegan left, Chris Hughton, Joe Kinnear, Hughton again and Alan Shearer had spells as manager, but none of them were able to prevent relegation at the end of last season.

Ashley held talks with Shearer in the immediate aftermath of the drop to discuss the way forward, but then decided instead to put the club up for sale for the second time.

But almost four months on and despite lengthy negotiations with a series of potential buyers, none has yet finalised a £100 million deal to end the sportswear magnate's ill-fated tenure.

The playing staff has been greatly reduced by a summer exodus which has seen a wage bill of £74 million cut by around half, and as the club awaits developments on the Keegan front, only two loan signings - Danny Simpson and Zurabs Khizanishvili - have arrived to plug the gap.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/newcastle-could-be-forced-into-administration-1792500.html

On the Independent as well.

"I want £9m, no less!!"

He'll be looking at it as 9m.

Of course, but he'll still think it's hurting Mike financially which isn't the case.

I can't belelive we go to adminstration cause of KK....... 

I can - and his bummers will be making excuses for him even then.

Considering KK has a ludicrous rep of "walking out" - if I was the club's lawyer, I'd play on his record.