The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Its good news though that it all appears to be coming to an end at last. Hopefully one of the last things that need to be cleared up before any potential sale goes through.

Dream on. This has nowt to do with the sale of the club. While not settled any potential owner would insist the liability of this claim was Ashley's responsibility.

Also, ready yourself for the fact that once a decision is made by the arbitration panel it will almost certainly be contested by the losing party unless it's a relatively small amount agreeable to both sides.

no sale will go through while this thing is ongoing is the one clear factor

I can't see any sale going through either, not while there is so much doubt as to the amount Keegan is going to get. If Ashley loses the case and Keegan scores for £9m+ then obviously the price of the club will reduce by that amount. Before the Keegan cheerleaders start reminding us how this will come out of Ashleys pocket you might want to consider that he could decide he'd rather not sell at a reduced price and will just get his money back by keeping the club and cutting investment in the squad by the same amount awarded to Keegan.

So yes, keegan will have been proved right, yes Ashley is a b****** and yes Keegan gets to bail out his soccer circus and have a few million to juggle with. And yes our club will be royally f***ed as a result.

Hurrah!! King kev wins!!! :celb1: :celb1: :indi: :indi: :banana2: :banana: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Our club is already royally fucked thanks to Ashley - why people are making it out as if Keegan is destroying newcastle united is beyond me?

The club was royally fucked when Ashley was making profits in the transfer windows

The club was royally fucked when Ashley backed the poisoned dwarf over Keegan

The club was royally fucked when Ashley/Llambias started their bullshit

The club was royally fucked when Ashley appointed Kinnear

The club was royally fucked when Ashley refused to address our rubbish squad in January

The club was royally fucked when Ashley allowed it to sink under the management of Hughton/Calderwood

The club was royally fucked . . . . . . . etc etc etc etc etc

Yes I already know that it is Fat Ashley's fault, you don't need to point it out, I've done it myself plenty of times in the last year, which is why I am worried that Keegan's jackpot bonanza might wreck the takeover deal meaning we are stuck Mike while he tries to make the cash back by fleecing the club to try and get his money back.

We could always organise a welcome party to celebrate Keegan's victory but it's not going to feel that great when we welcome Joe kinnear back into the hot seat 6 months down the line is it?

Ummmm, a rough calculation in my head tell me that over his lifetime, KK will have earned well over 20 million quid. Even if  he's sunk a couple of million into Soccer Circus or whatever, what has happened to the rest?  A lot of his life seems to be a mystery.

Anyone have any real ideas?  ???

Ummmm, a rough calculation in my head tell me that over his lifetime, KK will have earned well over 20 million quid. Even if  he's sunk a couple of million into Soccer Circus or whatever, what has happened to the rest?  A lot of his life seems to be a mystery.

out of that 20mill he still has to pay gas,electric and the milkman and such.

i suspect hes earned a lot more than 20 million,. hes probably still got a hefty property portfolio. i m thinking its his capital that ran away with the circus.....or Mick Chanons horses?

i suspect hes earned a lot more than 20 million,. hes probably still got a hefty property portfolio. i m thinking its his capital that ran away with the circus.....or Mick Chanons horses?

tbf i doubt anyone on here would have any clear idea of his finances. people with that earning power shouldn't ever be in financial trouble but it does happen with alarming regularity.

tbf i doubt anyone on here would have any clear idea of his finances. people with that earning power shouldn't ever be in financial trouble but it does happen with alarming regularity.

yup.

you would think anyone would have the sense to stop thier risks short of thier last couple of million.

i know i do...

though im just about 2million short of that position anyway.

Guest Wally_McFool

The bitter battle between Keegan and Ashley included claims yesterday that Newcastle could be forced into administration, and lose ten points, because of their ex-manager’s financial claim. But that prospect has been dismissed as “ludicrous“ by independent sources.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Keegan-waits-on-8m-Newcastle-pay-out-decision-article171073.html

Thsts all right then. Phew!!!!    :drink:

Guest Brummiemag

It has everything to do with the sale of the club..............let's be honest if Ashley had sold before now,this case wouldn't have anything to do with us except the circumstances...I believe Kevin was right to try without slandering himself publicly about Ashley and his cronies intentions,to walkWake up and smell the Nescafe people.Kevin Keegan loves our club,Ashley has an agenda to destroy it.

Exactly - Keegan is honest and has integrity, Ashley and Llambias are devious, lying bastards - how anyone can favour the cockney twats over Keegan is beyond me.

Im just gobsmacked at how many people are blaming Keegan and having a go at him - I bet if Ashley fried some shit and packaged it as Newcastle United Chocolate Bar they would buy it

Both of these posts are spot on.

Look at what Keegan has done for this club and compare it to what Ashley has done for this club. One has given us the best team and best football we are ever likely to see etc, etc,  and the other has done his best to destroy everything and has set us back by a decade or probably more.

And yet some people on here still lean toward Ashley - its unbelievable isn't it?

You couldn't make it up

The bitter battle between Keegan and Ashley included claims yesterday that Newcastle could be forced into administration, and lose ten points, because of their ex-manager’s financial claim. But that prospect has been dismissed as “ludicrous“ by independent sources.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Keegan-waits-on-8m-Newcastle-pay-out-decision-article171073.html

This being the paper, who, despite more than a DECADE of spiteful digs at this club, including repeated snide attacks this season, some of our more...shall we say GULLIBLE...fans defend the Mirror against their fellow fans (quite loudly and mockingly and as spitefully as the attacks themselves) and believe all the sh*te it spews out. Wally here probably has the same view of their integrity as I. If they say white, I'll believe it to be black.

This being the paper, who, despite more than a DECADE of spiteful digs at this club, including repeated snide attacks this season, some of our more...shall we say GULLIBLE...fans defend the Mirror against their fellow fans (quite loudly and mockingly and as spitefully as the attacks themselves) and believe all the sh*te it spews out. Wally here probably has the same view of their integrity as I. If they say white, I'll believe it to be black.

good grief.

Given Ashley’s stubborn refusal to lower his asking price, it is unlikely he would suddenly decide to accept such a massive loss, particularly as Tyneside businessman Barry Moat and two overseas consortia are still hoping to buy the club from him. Nevertheless, if Keegan wins his case and Ashley is forced to remain in charge until the start of the New Year, it could mean more players are sold in the January transfer window to cover the payout.

Given the small nature of the squad currently at the disposal of caretaker manager Chris Hughton, that is a daunting prospect as every player is needed to maintain a promotion push.

Ashley has successfully cut costs over the summer to ensure the club, with the help of a relegation parachute payment from the Premier League, is financially secure. A multi-million pound payment to Keegan would jeopardise that.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/26/mike-ashley-awaits-keegan-verdict-61634-24784920/2/

This is my concern as well. While I agree that Ashley led Keegan down the garden path and is a massive cunt, if keegan wins it's us who will suffer. Fuck the soccer circus, let it sink or swim on it's own merits, we don't want to end up subsidising it at the expense of our team.

Given Ashley’s stubborn refusal to lower his asking price, it is unlikely he would suddenly decide to accept such a massive loss, particularly as Tyneside businessman Barry Moat and two overseas consortia are still hoping to buy the club from him. Nevertheless, if Keegan wins his case and Ashley is forced to remain in charge until the start of the New Year, it could mean more players are sold in the January transfer window to cover the payout.

Given the small nature of the squad currently at the disposal of caretaker manager Chris Hughton, that is a daunting prospect as every player is needed to maintain a promotion push.

Ashley has successfully cut costs over the summer to ensure the club, with the help of a relegation parachute payment from the Premier League, is financially secure. A multi-million pound payment to Keegan would jeopardise that.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/26/mike-ashley-awaits-keegan-verdict-61634-24784920/2/

This is my concern as well. While I agree that Ashley led Keegan down the garden path and is a massive cunt, if keegan wins it's us who will suffer. Fuck the soccer circus, let it sink or swim on it's own merits, we don't want to end up subsidising it at the expense of our team.

A pleasure to read such a rational post.

Our club is already royally f***ed thanks to Ashley - why people are making it out as if Keegan is destroying newcastle united is beyond me?

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley was making profits in the transfer windows

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley backed the poisoned dwarf over Keegan

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley/Llambias started their bullshit

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley appointed Kinnear

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley refused to address our rubbish squad in January

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley allowed it to sink under the management of Hughton/Calderwood

The club was royally f***ed . . . . . . . etc etc etc etc etc

The question is do you believe that Ashley made those decisions to deliberately harm the club or did he make the decision that he believed to be best for the club at that time?

Our club is already royally f***ed thanks to Ashley - why people are making it out as if Keegan is destroying newcastle united is beyond me?

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley was making profits in the transfer windows

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley backed the poisoned dwarf over Keegan

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley/Llambias started their bullshit

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley appointed Kinnear

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley refused to address our rubbish squad in January

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley allowed it to sink under the management of Hughton/Calderwood

The club was royally f***ed . . . . . . . etc etc etc etc etc

The question is do you believe that Ashley made those decisions to deliberately harm the club or did he make the decision that he believed to be best for the club at that time?

HE TURNED OVER A PROFIT IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW AND DEREK LLAMBIAS WAS WANKING HIMSELF SILLY OVER IT. WE HAD LET TWO PLAYERS GO WHEN WE NEEDED PLAYERS IN AND BOUGHT TWO SHYTE PLAYERS.

HE GAMBLED WITH THE CLUBS FUTURE AND WIPED A 100 MIL OF HIS OWN ASKING PRICE.

Regardless if it was done by design or pure accident, its still fucking moronic of the highest order.

The man wanted to cut costs not mater what and here we are in the championship.

FFS.

It has everything to do with the sale of the club..............let's be honest if Ashley had sold before now,this case wouldn't have anything to do with us except the circumstances...I believe Kevin was right to try without slandering himself publicly about Ashley and his cronies intentions,to walkWake up and smell the Nescafe people.Kevin Keegan loves our club,Ashley has an agenda to destroy it.

Of course he does, every businessman wants to destroy their major assets. As for the first point. Are you kidding me?

Whether he's in the right about deserving compensation or not, if he had the best interests of the club at heart he wouldn't be persuing this when we're in the situation we are. Yes it's Mike's fault we're in that position, but I'd rather Keegan looked at the situation, said "Hmm, the club I love are in a pretty dire situation right now" and just left it.