The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Whether he's in the right about deserving compensation or not, if he had the best interests of the club at heart he wouldn't be persuing this when we're in the situation we are. Yes it's Mike's fault we're in that position, but I'd rather Keegan looked at the situation, said "Hmm, the club I love are in a pretty dire situation right now" and just left it.

have you looked at the otherside and KK might be thinking fuck me I have to get this sorted for the sake of the club and show what a cunt Ashley has been and what he was trying to do with the club.

Whether he's in the right about deserving compensation or not, if he had the best interests of the club at heart he wouldn't be persuing this when we're in the situation we are. Yes it's Mike's fault we're in that position, but I'd rather Keegan looked at the situation, said "Hmm, the club I love are in a pretty dire situation right now" and just left it.

have you looked at the otherside and KK might be thinking fuck me I have to get this sorted for the sake of the club and show what a cunt Ashley has been and what he was trying to do with the club.

Trying to get as much cash out of our owner who's proven he'll put his personal finances ahead of the club is not in our best interests, at all. Anyone with a brain can see what a cunt Ashley has been, this court case isn't helping us at all. I'm sorry, I love KK for what he's done for us, but this is not in our best interests in the slightest.

:lol:

Or maybe he just doesn't love the club.

have you looked at the otherside and KK might be thinking f*** me I have to get this sorted for the sake of the club and show what a c*** Ashley has been and what he was trying to do with the club.

:lol:

Or maybe he just doesn't love the club.

or loves the money more :rant:

Our club is already royally f***ed thanks to Ashley - why people are making it out as if Keegan is destroying newcastle united is beyond me?

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley was making profits in the transfer windows

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley backed the poisoned dwarf over Keegan

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley/Llambias started their bullshit

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley appointed Kinnear

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley refused to address our rubbish squad in January

The club was royally f***ed when Ashley allowed it to sink under the management of Hughton/Calderwood

The club was royally f***ed . . . . . . . etc etc etc etc etc

The question is do you believe that Ashley made those decisions to deliberately harm the club or did he make the decision that he believed to be best for the club at that time?

HE TURNED OVER A PROFIT IN THE JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW AND DEREK LLAMBIAS WAS WANKING HIMSELF SILLY OVER IT. WE HAD LET TWO PLAYERS GO WHEN WE NEEDED PLAYERS IN AND BOUGHT TWO SHYTE PLAYERS.

HE GAMBLED WITH THE CLUBS FUTURE AND WIPED A 100 MIL OF HIS OWN ASKING PRICE.

Regardless if it was done by design or pure accident, its still f***ing moronic of the highest order.

The man wanted to cut costs not mater what and here we are in the championship.

FFS.

Not arguing he did moronic things.  Arguing if Ashley has done anything deliberately to hurt the club/his own investment.

Not necesarily my opinion but here's another way of looking at it.

Whatever Ashley has done to f*** the club is now part of the past - we've been relegated and Ashleys price for the club has severely dropped as a result. Whatever Keegan does effects our future and whether we bounce back to "where we should be".

Furthermore, IF we were to get promoted again this season, and return to the Premiership. Ashley was to bring in a good group of high quality scouts, coaches, the whole lot, and spend a bit of money. Then if we didn't have overpaid wankers like last time round in the top flight - how many people would be arsed about Ashley?

Keegan potentially putting us in administration results in a point deduction - can we still get enough points to get promoted...it's highly unlikely (based on the automatic spots). Another season in this division would cripple us even more, and "bouncing back" would become an even larger mountain to climb.

Everyone thinking Ashley is a t*** is perfectly right, and I'm not defending him. However, to go on as if Keegan is perfectly innocent, especially if he does this, is quite remarkable. Because to effectively put us into administration, he quite simply is a tit - if this is a "club he loves".

Not necesarily my opinion but here'sanother way of looking at it.

Whatever Ashley has done to fuck the club is now part of the past - we've been relegated and Ashleys price for the club has severely dropped as a result. Whatever Keegan does effects our future and whether we bounce back to "where we should be".

Furthermore, if we were to get promoted again this season, and return to the Premiership. Ashley was to bring in a good group of high quality scouts, coaches, the whole lot, and spend a bit of money. Then if we didn't have overpaid wankers like last time round in the top flight - how many people would be arsed about Ashley?

Keegan potentially putting us in administration results in a point deduction - can we still get enough points to get promoted...it's highly unlikely (based on the automatic spots). Another season in this division would cripple us even more, and "bouncing back" would become an even larger mountain to climb.

Everyone thinking Ashley is a twat is perfectly right, and I'm not defending him. However, to go on as if Keegan is perfectly innocent, especially if he does this, is quite remarkable. Because to effectively put us into administration, he quite simply is a tit - if this is a "club he loves".

Those two bits are about as unlikely as each other so you've no real argument.

Not necesarily my opinion but here'sanother way of looking at it.

Whatever Ashley has done to f*** the club is now part of the past - we've been relegated and Ashleys price for the club has severely dropped as a result. Whatever Keegan does effects our future and whether we bounce back to "where we should be".

Furthermore, if we were to get promoted again this season, and return to the Premiership. Ashley was to bring in a good group of high quality scouts, coaches, the whole lot, and spend a bit of money. Then if we didn't have overpaid wankers like last time round in the top flight - how many people would be arsed about Ashley?

Everyone thinking Ashley is a t*** is perfectly right, and I'm not defending him. However, to go on as if Keegan is perfectly innocent, especially if he does this, is quite remarkable. Because to effectively put us into administration, he quite simply is a tit - if this is a "club he loves".

Those two bits are about as unlikely as each other so you've no real argument.

As I mentioned - it wasn't an 'argument' just another way to look at it. O0

They're both members of the self-preservation society i'm afraid. Ashley wants to stop the flow of his losses and Keegan is a man who's pride far outweighs his love of this club....It could of course be a load of press bollocks and exaggeration, but i've no time for anyone who wants to make a fast buck and little else (i.e. anything other than sporting success, a legacy) out of my club

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/09/27/united-must-pay-up-in-seven-days-79310-24789567/

Sources close to Keegan last night confirmed that it could be “two or three weeks” before a Premier League arbitration panel will deliver a judgement on his case. And, if Keegan wins that judgement, a decision on the level of compensation he is awarded could take even longer to deliver.

:facepalm:

How would "sources close to Keegan" know the length of time he has to wait, though? Surely "sources close to the LMA" would know that kind of sensitive information, and Keegan won't be allowed to tell anyone as it's a matter for the courts?

How would "sources close to Keegan" know the length of time he has to wait, though? Surely "sources close to the LMA" would know that kind of sensitive information, and Keegan won't be allowed to tell anyone as it's a matter for the courts?

cos its pure speculation pilk.

When the panel went away to asses the evidence they would of outlined what happens next & roughly how long it may take them to come to a decision. Worth rembering this is not a fully pucker legal court battle as evidence is being presented to a Premier League arbitration panel not at court. One of the parties could seek legal action if they are not happy with the ruling from the panel

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/09/27/united-must-pay-up-in-seven-days-79310-24789567/

Sources close to Keegan last night confirmed that it could be “two or three weeks” before a Premier League arbitration panel will deliver a judgement on his case. And, if Keegan wins that judgement, a decision on the level of compensation he is awarded could take even longer to deliver.

:facepalm:

and on and on and on...

Good post, Shak - you've summed him up perfectly there. Gah... what i'd give to have Alan Shearer there coaching the likes of him and Carroll. There's some serious raw talent to be worked with there. Who better to finetune their obvious skills?

Keegan. ;)

The thought of him getting some sort of coaching off Shearer in the future is frightening.

Not at all. It wouldn't happen and Shearer would be lucky if appointed to have someone with the coaching ability of Keegan on board. Always what he was best at, man management and coaching. Although don't think he gives himself enough credit for his coaching ability.

KK and coaching ability?

Dont make me laugh. His coaching ability extends no further than 5 a sides. Proven fact by the complaints of both England and Manchester City players during his time in charge.

Aye. He was a terrible coach during his first stint for us. His coaching is all about the basics of passing and moving btw. Something which any team needs. And something apart from Bobby Robson is what we haven't had as a team since Keegan was manager.

I'm sure as well all of those players who he worked under for us first team around will tell you how shit his coaching and developing of them was.

This is an honest question btw, I know you have some sort of agenda against Keegan as has been proven by your previous posts which don't give him any credit at all, but what actually is it?

KK and coaching ability?

Dont make me laugh. His coaching ability extends no further than 5 a sides. Proven fact by the complaints of both England and Manchester City players during his time in charge.

sorry... could you remind us what you did as a coach? (I see to remember you mentioning something about coaching Scott McDonald as a youngster for some team)

KK and coaching ability?

id take a shit coach and 2nd in the prem league atm..........you?

So if Ashley is found to be in the wrong and Keegan wins, it's not actually Ashley's fault that the club will lose that money, it's Keegan's fault for persuing his legal entitlements?

What difference does it make who's fault it is? What are the repercussions for the club is what bothers me.

KK and coaching ability?

Aye. He was a terrible coach during his first stint for us. His coaching is all about the basics of passing and moving btw. Something which any team needs. And something apart from Bobby Robson is what we haven't had as a team since Keegan was manager.

I'm sure as well all of those players who he worked under for us first team around will tell you how shit his coaching and developing of them was.

This is an honest question btw, I know you have some sort of agenda against Keegan as has been proven by your previous posts which don't give him any credit at all, but what actually is it?

He was a fantasic coach during his first time around but there were plenty of stories of the players thinking his methods were dated & shite the second time around. A game against Arsenal rings a bell as one where there were stories of unrest during the week prior to the game and after it.

KK and coaching ability?

He was a fantasic coach during his first time around but there were plenty of stories of the players thinking his methods were dated & shite the second time around.  A game against Arsenal rings a bell as one where there were stories of unrest during the week prior to the game and after it.

Oh aye, I remember those stories as well. I also think on the pitch second time around for us his methods were starting to work as we were playing better than we had done for a few years previous. But I was more commenting on macca's inability to recognise anything positive about Keegan. It always seems to be that anything he achieved was down to other factors and not Keegan himself.

They can't be as bad as Big Sam's megaphone session in the pissing down rain that's on YouTube though.  bluelaugh.gif

Firstly, get your facts right.

Keegan was never a coach. He was a manager, He had very little to do with coaching other than joining in in 5 a side games. During his first spell at the club, Fazackerley was his coach and subsequently followed him to most of his appointments after that.

Furthermore, wherever he has gone, he has been given substantial funds to buy players, as you well know, and has failed to win anything, as you also well know.

Keegan even admits himself that he is tactically niave and was one of the reasons he gave up the England job. We also remember how under his management of England, the failure to win games against Portugal and Rumania from being 2-0 up in the euros, not to mention the number of games we were ahead in during 95 only to succumb to the opposition because he had no idea how to defend.

Yes, I have coached a number of players currently playing around europe at a high level including McDonald at Celtic and Grella at Blackburn. What I have done in coaching is nothing to do with this discussion though, although, suffice to say, I am well qualified to comment as I have donne all my coaching badges.