The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

Imagine having KK as our manager now. Butt Smith and Nolan would look like world-beaters tbf.

One or both would be out the door at the first chance KK would get.

Don't worry on my account. I'm perfectly happy not to behave like a star-struck adolescent.

Imagine having KK as our manager now. Butt Smith and Nolan would look like world-beaters tbf.

Remember, he actually played Butt in every (?) game he was manager. Smith wasn't sold by Keegan because he was "a good guy to have around" iirc.

But yes, Nolan would be out of the door pretty quick I could imagine.

KK never really got the chance to sort a team out.

Don't worry on my account. I'm perfectly happy not to behave like a star-struck adolescent.

We wont worry !

"get out of our thread, get out of our thread...you dirty keegan hating bastard get out of our thread"

Remember, he actually played Butt in every (?) game he was manager. Smith wasn't sold by Keegan because he was "a good guy to have around" iirc.

Yeah right. Haven't thought about that actually. Wonder what "his" midfield would have looked like if he would have been given a chance to sort it out...

Yeah right. Haven't thought about that actually. Wonder what "his" midfield would have looked like if he would have been given a chance to sort it out...

his midfield would have looked like one that attacks with speed and purpose.

He would have needed a lot of new players for that!

always got the best or more out of players than other managers.

We wont worry !

"get out of our thread, get out of our thread...you dirty keegan hating bastard get out of our thread"

Sorry, but you've just convinced me to stick around.

This thread needs balance!

always got the best or more out of players than other managers.

Definitely. He could make Barton to play (well) about 10 games on the spin (without suspension/injuries), could get Viduka off his couch, could get Owen to score goals and play well. But mostly it had impressed me that he could make Geremi look like an 35 year old again.

We wont worry !

"get out of our thread, get out of our thread...you dirty keegan hating b****** get out of our thread"

Stick about, i hope we drench you daft with our KK gushing.

We wont worry !

"get out of our thread, get out of our thread...you dirty keegan hating b****** get out of our thread"

Stick about, i hope we drench you daft with our KK gushing.

get your keegan wigs on boys theres going to be trouble.

• 3 months later...

However loved he may be on here' date=' he walked out at the end of the transfer window when he was over-ruled over a loan-signing and then tried to take the club for £25 million. No club Chairman with half a brain is going to take the risk of appointing him, especially when we're talking about a manager who hasn't even won a single major trophy. And that's not taking into account his other walk-outs.[/quote']

He's left three out of 4 clubs he's managed in higher leagues than he found them and not left a single club lower than he found it.  How's that a risk?

David Moyes hasn't won a single major trophy either, Souness has shit loads though.  Which would you prefer?

Well it doesn't look like Keegan has been flooded with offers since he left us. I suspect clubs view him as not worth the risk.

We have no clue which jobs he's been offered.

However loved he may be on here' date=' he walked out at the end of the transfer window when he was over-ruled over a loan-signing and then tried to take the club for £25 million. No club Chairman with half a brain is going to take the risk of appointing him, especially when we're talking about a manager who hasn't even won a single major trophy. And that's not taking into account his other walk-outs.[/quote']

He's left three out of 4 clubs he's managed in higher leagues than he found them and not left a single club lower than he found it.  How's that a risk?

David Moyes hasn't won a single major trophy either, Souness has shit loads though.  Which would you prefer?

Well it doesn't look like Keegan has been flooded with offers since he left us. I suspect clubs view him as not worth the risk.

Perhaps he's saving himself for the Man U job.

I miss you :weep:

When I seen this comment I was in a daze and I thought it was actually directed at me, I felt a warmth of love and it made me smile. I kid you not. Thankyou for improving my day.

Or maybe the Leeds United job. Or the Sheffield Wednesday job. It's in that kind of situation that he is at his best -- give sleeping giant kick up arse and get them promoted.

You need money, though. Either to buy him loads of players or to pay him off when he doesn't get his own way.

David Moyes hasn't won a single major trophy either, Souness has s*** loads though.  Which would you prefer?

Or maybe the Leeds United job. Or the Sheffield Wednesday job. It's in that kind of situation that he is at his best -- give sleeping giant kick up arse and get them promoted.

You need money, though. Either to buy him loads of players or to pay him off when he doesn't get his own way.

I dont think he and SJH spent that much on NUFC in the promotion season???

You have to remember very little was spent on the team after that relegation season of 1989.

They spent about £5 million up to promotion in 1993.

The first team was seriously under funded for the years after 1989 hence why we nearly got relegated.