The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

As I recall, we lost the league by 4 points that year. A draw in the game against Man Utd would have seen us still lose the league by 2 points.

Not sure on your maths there. Take two points off Man Utd and give us one, means we'd have went into the last game 1 point clear...and I reckon we'd have beaten Spurs in those circumstances, rather than knowing Man Utd were thumping Boro and couldn't win even if we did get the winner.

HTL

If you took the time to read my posts on Keegan, you would realise my "beef" with him is a lot more than throwing away a 12 point lead. You conveniently ignore games at Liverpool and Blackburn where we were leading with a few minutes left, only to throw it away due to tactical ignorance. I couldnt see W

A bit harsh that, picking holes in one of our best seasons of modern times. The man saved us from relegation to the old 3rd division, into Europe, and to within a whisker of the premier league title, yet that's regarded by you as failure.

Question his walk-outs by all means, but i think it's unfair to suggest that he didn't provide us with decent sides on the pitch.

It's ludicrous to call Kevin Keegan a failure. "Cry Baby" is much more apt.

The upcoming tribunal/ court case is one of these where i really don't want to see either side win. Not Ashley because he's loathesome and not Keegan because i don't think he's due anything.

The upcoming tribunal/ court case is one of these where i really don't want to see either side win. Not Ashley because he's loathesome and not Keegan because i don't think he's due anything.

I can understand a healthy debate over Keegan's sacking and his role in what happened last season, but surely there isn't anyone that wants to see him awarded the 8 million?  Unless I'm mistaken, that would be money from NUFC to Kevin Keegan, not Mike Ashley to Kevin Keegan?  So it would be the club losing out?

I can understand a healthy debate over Keegan's sacking and his role in what happened last season, but surely there isn't anyone that wants to see him awarded the 8 million?  Unless I'm mistaken, that would be money from NUFC to Kevin Keegan, not Mike Ashley to Kevin Keegan?  So it would be the club losing out?

Strange though it may seem, some people would indeed prefer to see Soccer Circus have the money than Newcastle United have the money.

Strange though it may seem, some people would indeed prefer to see Soccer Circus have the money than Newcastle United have the money.

Probs more football on display at SC.

Keegan ruined newcastle , now he kicks us went we are down.

Kevin Keegan gave us the best team we ever had.

The messiah giveth and the messiah taketh away.

I'd gladly tranfer a grand on his bank account (to add to his NUFC millions) if it meant he disapeared down a hole and guaranteed we never had to hear about him or see his face ever again.

Keegan ruined newcastle , now he kicks us went we are down.

Kevin Keegan gave us the best team we ever had.

The messiah giveth and the messiah taketh away.

I'd gladly tranfer a grand on his bank account (to add to his NUFC millions) if it meant he disapeared down a hole and guaranteed we never had to hear about him or see his face ever again.

i would glady give him a grand to see 92-97 again.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Newcastle is the ball, and Micke Ashley and Freddy Shepherd were trying to get us onto the green (success). Unfortunately there is a bunker in the way (Keegan) made of quicksand that sucks us down into hell where the club is destroyed. If the bunker (Keegan) is not there then Shepherd and Ashley could have got us onto the green (success). Now we are in the bunker and it is sucking us down even harder with Keegan trying to bankcrupt the club with his legal actions.s

Newcastle is the ball, and Micke Ashley and Freddy Shepherd were trying to get us onto the green (success). Unfortunately there is a bunker in the way (Keegan) made of quicksand that sucks us down into hell where the club is destroyed. If the bunker (Keegan) is not there then Shepherd and Ashley could have got us onto the green (success). Now we are in the bunker and it is sucking us down even harder with Keegan trying to bankcrupt the club with his legal actions.s

Where do you play golf? On Dune?

what you been drinking ?