The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

I still can't comprehend why KK will be to blame if he takes money out of the club. Surely that will be proof that it's Ashley who's at fault?

Remind me again of how many clubs he's been manager of that he HASN'T walked out on ?

(None ?)

Don't most managers walk out of clubs?  There's only three bloody eventualities: sacked, walked, end of contract (rare).

I still can't comprehend why KK will be to blame if he takes money out of the club. Surely that will be proof that it's Ashley who's at fault?

Remind me again of how many clubs he's been manager of that he HASN'T walked out on ?

(None ?)

Did he take those to court?

He wasn't as financially fucked as he is now to be fair.

Source?

(None ?)

Source?

The state Soccer Circus is in financially as was reported at the time.

IIRC it owes him a sizeable amount of money.

The Newcastle job was widely reported to have bailed him/it out.

Guest toonlass

(None ?)

Source?

Tbh someone should have told him that it was never going to work. Clowns were never going to learn ball control with those big shoes, and the big red noses were always going to play havok with heading.

I hate Ashley more for how some of our fans have turned on Keegan.

I often come across this idea that because Ashley owns the club, he's to blame for everything that happens, as though he has control of every event.

But you've broken new ground there. Ashley is now responsible even for the thoughts inside other people's heads.

Erm, so who 'informed' the press of the supposed bull-shit wish-list of Henry, Lampard, Giggs etc?

Perhaps it was the man who summoned Keegan to a meeting in London for admitting we were 'a million miles off the top 4' after Chelsea at home?

You know for certain that he doesnt have assets elsewhere - not linked to the Soccer Circus ?

For all we know he could have a decent property portfolio to fall back on.

Its an easy assumption for the media to make - that if the business he has invested in is struggling, then he has lost everything he owns. Is it not possible that he only put enough in that he could afford to lose should the worst happens?

Interesting to know if the same reports, and the reporters that wrote them, had access to all of Keegans personal financial statements.

There is an underlying assumption with a lot of posts that if Keegan wins his case, then he must have been in the right. I don't think anyone with experience of court and tribunal processes would necessarily have that sort of faith. Decisions are often reached on rather strange criteria which don't have much to do with common sense. It's quite possible to successfully portray yourself as a victim when in practice the truth is more complicated.

FWIW, I suspect that Keegan never liked the system that he signed up to, wanted to manage through a direct relationship with the owner, and his co-operation with Wise and co was very fraught and reluctant. At the end, someone may well have lost their rag with him and said look, it's this player or no-one. That may well be seen as foisting a player on him, and he might win his case on the back of that, but does that put him in the right?

Guest The Libertine

is it just the negative keegan stories that are planted? seems odd/predictable how its only the keegan "insider" stories that are dismissed instantly as mud slinging.

(this is where i get hunted down by the manson family)

is it just the negative keegan stories that are planted? seems odd/predictable how its only the keegan "insider" stories that are dismissed instantly as mud slinging.

Still offering non-childish comments I see

:facepalm:

Guest The Libertine

Still offering non-childish comments I see

:facepalm:

1 down....

The journalists are told what people want to tell them. I thought it was widely speculated that the stories about Keegan being unhappy with Wise/Llambias were planted by sources close to Keegan? It didn't make them any less true.

(None ?)

Don't most managers walk out of clubs?  There's only three bloody eventualities: sacked, walked, end of contract (rare).

No most managers get the sack. Walking out is as rare as seeing out one's contract but there is a 4th option - the manager gets transferred with their old club compensated by their new one (Souness anybody?)

No most managers get the sack. Walking out is as rare as seeing out one's contract but there is a 4th option - the manager gets transferred with their old club compensated by their new one (Souness anybody?)

Be nice if we had a manager that we could sack.

Whats the longest a club has gone without employing a full time 1st team manager ?

Be nice if we had a manager that we could sack.

Whats the longest a club has gone without employing a full time 1st team manager ?

we went for a long time with a committee for about 30yrs.

Guest Brummiemag

Ashley blaming Keegan for our demise and giving him the excuse he needs to spend no money on players or worse - completely predictable

Some people on here taking Ashleys point of view and/or sounding more supportive of him than Keegan - fucking unbelievable

Some people on here are not sure whether to believe Ashley or Keegan as if its a close call between the two of them - fucking unbelievable

Wise still get his £££'s, Geremi, Fat Kev, Barton, Colo, Smith all get there quids but if KK wins thats its were fucked. Blame & pin....

Is the circus still the only in debt business is Scotland still trading? Fucking KK wants to give Fred The Shred some fucking tips.

Ashley blaming Keegan for our demise and giving him the excuse he needs to spend no money on players or worse - completely predictable

Some people on here taking Ashleys point of view and/or sounding more supportive of him than Keegan - f***ing unbelievable

Some people on here are not sure whether to believe Ashley or Keegan as if its a close call between the two of them - f***ing unbelievable

some people on here believing KK has never come the game before - fucking unbelievable.

some people on here believing KK has never come the game before - fucking unbelievable.

Some people on here, fully accepting that Keegan is capable of coming the game with the hierachy of NUFC but generally accepting that in doing so, he is doing it in the genuine and honest hope that it will be of the benefit of the club in the long term - fair point I feel.

some people on here believing KK has never come the game before - f***ing unbelievable.

Some people on here, fully accepting that Keegan is capable of coming the game with the hierachy of NUFC but generally accepting that in doing so, he is doing it in the genuine and honest hope that it will be of the benefit of the club in the long term - fair point I feel.

some would say he does it to benefit KK in the long run.

Madras brings his own unique style of balance which is on a par with Fox news "Fair & Balanced" outlook on things.

so whats my position on this then ?

Seeker of truth & justice as you said a few posts back, anyone reading back over this whole thread would see that.

Keegan sitting down, thrashing out the issues, and if that failed, making things public and walking with his head held high forcing Ashley and co to explain themselves you could argue would show a 'genuine and honest hope that it will be of the benefit of the club in the long term'.

Disappearing, suing the club binding all parties to a non disclosure agreement leading to confusion, impotant anger, boycotts and childish threats, continuing instability, and by the look of things, a masive hit to the club coffers that may have delayed any potential sale you could argue shows little to no indication of any interest in anything other than himself.