At present has Mike Ashley got your backing?

dcmk
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest thommo78

2 points off the bottom, no wins in 8 matches, an already pitifully thin squad decimated by injuries and we wander out of the transfer window minus 2 decent players, but never mind there's a couple of lads from Wigan and Bolton and a nice fat 10 million quid profit.

We're f***ed. Royally f***ed.

You have to question if the club are buying players that are on cheaper wages than the ones that leave..won't leave if we go down and are capable of getting us back up..Are we buying for relegation?? I see no ambition in this windows transfer policy..I would also say that was the last chance to convince owen we were a club going anywhere..he will walk for free at the end of the season and no-one in football apart from maybe kinnear will be atall suprised!

Guest Brazilianbob

Let get things into perspective here.  Mike Ashley set up a holding company called St James Holdings to purchase NUFC  from the Halls and Shepherds.  He loaned St James Holdings the required funds (£130ishm to purchase the club).  On discovering the (hidden) debt he loaned a further £100m to St James Holdings to clear the debt.  St James Holdings are therefore required to repay the money they borrowed, ergo the debt has been put on the club in the same way the Glazers did at ManU.  In other words the club is repaying the entire £230m so that eventually Ashley will be repaid in full, plus any interest he decides to charge, and he will own NUFC for an outlay of zilch.

Effectively the fans will have bought it for him.

If people protest against the only person who can do something positive for this club then they are morons.  Like it or not, we need him to have an interest and having him attending is the best thing that could happen.

like you kicked up a fuss when people protested about the board who gave you regular european football for the only time in your life.

Morons  mackems.gif

Do you know who put us in the current financial state we're in, NE5?

Although people going on about high wages, weren't Viduka, Geremi, Barton etc all signed under Ashley? Not saying at all Shepherd is blameless btw as he's far from it.

Pre-take over:

Viduka - Free

Joey Barton - £5.8m

David Rozehnal - £2.9m

Geremi - Free

Post-take over:

Alan Smith - £6m

Cacapa - Free

Jose Enrique - £6m

Abdoulaye Faye - £2m

Habib Beye - £2m

If people protest against the only person who can do something positive for this club then they are morons.  Like it or not, we need him to have an interest and having him attending is the best thing that could happen.

like you kicked up a fuss when people protested about the board who gave you regular european football for the only time in your life.

Morons  mackems.gif

Yeah, you know, like people who think you can carry on ramping up the credit without ever having to pay the bill.

Guest Mucky01

when is this “Ashley to address the fans” malarky going to happen then?

Can you imagine the poor sod who has to try and draft the PR spin for that. :frantic:

Can you imagine the poor sod who has to try and draft the PR spin for that. :frantic:

"working very hard through January right upto the last minute"

"Man City have created a unstable/unrealistic player market"

"Clubs were waiting for other transfers to be concluded before they will let us speak to the player.  These transfers didn't happen"

"Money was there"

"JFK identified the targets, pursued them"

"Will be identifying players upto summer for a overhaul"

Guest Mucky01

"working very hard through January right upto the last minute"

"Man City have created a unstable/unrealistic player market"

"Clubs were waiting for other transfers to be concluded before they will let us speak to the player.  These transfers didn't happen"

"Money was there"

"JFK identified the targets, pursued them"

"Will be identifying players upto summer for a overhaul"

“that’s all negatives and failings, you’ll have to do better than that, we couldn’t get away with that even to those idiots”

The most troubling aspect of this window aside from the obvious (the lack of players in), is exactly how much we got paid for Given. Nothing has been officially disclosed as far as I am aware so I'll keep my vitriol to myself for now.

Morons  mackems.gif

Do you know who put us in the current financial state we're in, NE5?

I know who is dragging us into relegation, 20000 crowds and administration. The position where the Halls and Shepherd found us. What a shame you regret all those champions league qualifications, sell out crowds etc if only you had told us that we had been getting it all wrong and should have stayed in the lower reaches of the league instead.

Morons  mackems.gif

Yeah, you know, like people who think you can carry on ramping up the credit without ever having to pay the bill.

with your usual hindsight, do you still think Ashley is better than the last owner ?

Morons  mackems.gif

with your usual hindsight, do you still think Ashley is better than the last owner ?

I'll answer that.

No. They're both shit.

Morons  mackems.gif

Your like a broken record!  You always have the same conversations with the same people,  avoid the same questions, ask the same questions in every single thread you happen to post on.  It's in the past and it's boring.  Jeez.

Morons  mackems.gif

I'll answer that.

No. They're both shit.

thats the sort of logic that should tell you that you will never learn.

Manwhile, some of us will have to wait for the next owner to serve up regular european football, champions League, capacity crowds and a couple of Cup Finals. I genuinely hope we aren't waiting too long.

Morons  mackems.gif

I'll answer that.

No. They're both shit.

Manwhile, some of us will have to wait for the next owner to serve up regular european football, champions League, capacity crowds and a couple of Cup Finals. I genuinely hope we aren't waiting too long.

Your first line doesn't even make sense.

As for the second line, FS wasn't given us that towards the end anyway.

Morons  mackems.gif

Shut up no one cares about Shepherd anymore.  He has gone get over it.  Your like a broken record!  You always have the same conversations with the same people,  avoid the same questions, ask the same questions in every single thread you happen to post on.  It's in the past and it's boring.  Jeez.

all I can say is the next time you get a good set of people running the club, you just might appreciate them a bit more.

Shut up yourself by the way. I could have said that a million times myself to people a couple of years ago, but you were entitled to your "opinions", despite them carrying no weight of fact whatsoever to back them up in fact the very opposite.

Morons  mackems.gif

I'll answer that.

No. They're both shit.

Your first line doesn't even make sense.

As for the second line, FS wasn't given us that towards the end anyway.

See my last post.