IF we are to go down...

Mistle17

Guest black n white

Can anyone agree with me that  the problem with football is the same problem that has probably changed the face football forever.

Sorry mick but i totally disagree.If the club went out of of existence that would be ny nightmare but i am talking as fan. (willing to become a supporter)

I can understand why it was a nightmare for you and many others and totally respect that, If i was to ask you to you explain why it does'nt get any worse it would be to your personal experiences.  (YES)  

At the minute we go and watch a match in hope that we'll win and move up the league.  Once you're relegated you just go through the motions.  I don't know how old you are, if you're old enough to remember when Rob Lee scored against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final, it's the opposite to that.

Sorry mick but i totally disagree.If the club went out of of existence that would be ny nightmare but i am talking as fan. (willing to become a supporter)

I can understand why it was a nightmare for you and many others and totally respect that, If i was to ask you to you explain why it does'nt get any worse it would be to your personal experiences.  (YES)  

At the minute we go and watch a match in hope that we'll win and move up the league.  Once you're relegated you just go through the motions.  I don't know how old you are, if you're old enough to remember when Rob Lee scored against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final, it's the opposite to that.

the first season is going through the motions.after that it's reality and that as someone old enough to have went through both....suffered is too harsh a word for it.

Guest black n white

the first season is going through the motions.after that it's reality and that as someone old enough to have went through both....suffered is too harsh a word for it.

Dont use the word suffer please.

I never saw milburn and many others and regret that, it could be a long time before anybody of that callbre representing our club again.

Much like Birmingham i dont think too many would leave and we'd bounce back soon enouhg.

I don't agree.  There's plenty of clubs who've gone down and haven't bounced back 'soon enough'.  And some of these clubs struggle to stay in the prem having managed to get back up.  To even stand a chance of bouncing back, we'd need to replace Kinnear imo.  Personally, given the current disarray among the playing staff and the management team, and the apparent parlous state of our finances, I think relegation would knock the club back for several years at least. 

Much like Birmingham i dont think too many would leave and we'd bounce back soon enouhg.

I don't agree.  There's plenty of clubs who've gone down and haven't bounced back 'soon enough'.  And some of these clubs struggle to stay in the prem having managed to get back up.  To even stand a chance of bouncing back, we'd need to replace Kinnear imo.  Personally, given the current disarray among the playing staff and the management team, and the apparent parlous state of our finances, I think relegation would knock the club back for several years at least.  

Agreed, although it wouldn't be a Leeds-esque demise I could certainly see us being in the Championship, if not worse for a fair while.

I cant imagine a season or seasons playing against the current Championship crop, and watching the Prem games on TV thinking "i wish we were there"

Fuck, we better stay up...get your fuckin wallett out Ashley u fat bastard.

Agreed, although it wouldn't be a Leeds-esque demise I could certainly see us being in the Championship, if not worse for a fair while.

Agree - unless an ambitious outfit with the right ideas takes over, NUFC will be down for at least 5 seasons.

Its really tough trying to get promoted as a so-called 'big' club, because other teams try much harder when they play you ; for a few seasons, every game is like an FA Cup tie with NUFC's scalp as the prize, and the team will have to be totally rebuilt. This won't be like last time, when KK came in because he had a few decent players(Kelly, Peacock)and some good youngsters(Watson, Elliott & Clarke)to build on.

I don't see ANY of the currrent squad surviving or being up to a promotion battle.

Some of the young players MAY come through, but none look as if they are ready for the first team yet.