IF we are to go down...

Mistle17

Then who out of our current squad do you think would stay?

I think Bassong, Carroll, Lua Lua, Edgar and Ameobi are the only certainties. Others like Harper, Barton, Smith, Guthrie and Butt might stay, even if they are on big wages..

Fuck off and delete this thread, WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN. And I wont even contemplate it, i will be supporting my team to the end, you want have a word with yourself (and Id suggest "cunt").

I think Bassong, Carroll, Lua Lua, Edgar and Ameobi are the only certainties. Others like Harper, Barton, Smith, Guthrie and Butt might stay, even if they are on big wages..

f*** off and delete this thread, WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN. And I wont even contemplate it, i will be supporting my team to the end, you want have a word with yourself (and Id suggest "c***").

'The boy stood on the Burning Deck'........

You know the rest....

Guest michaelfoster

I would expect us to get more than that for those players.

Id doubt it as we would have to sell them at a cut price as they wont want to play in the championship

f*** off and delete this thread, WE ARE NOT GOING DOWN. And I wont even contemplate it, i will be supporting my team to the end, you want have a word with yourself (and Id suggest "c***").

Hold on a second. Did I say "WHEN we got down...", or did I say "IF we go down..."?  By saying "IF" that means theres a chance we could stay up but also a chance we could go down. I havnt admitted defeat...yet.

In fact I imagine he'd be one of the first to go, considering the profit we'd make on him.

Why would us making a profit on him mean he would be one of the first to go?

Because it's easy money. Money we need now, never mind if we were relegated.

So it's because he's worth more money then rather than us making a profit on him.

Glad we cleared that one up.

In a nutshell Ashley is trying to trouser as much wedge as poss out of the club to try and recoup his investment before riding off into the sunset, so if he gets wind of Bassong or a particular player being worth a fairly large sum he’ll plonk a ‘For Sale’ sign over their head without batting an eyelid or even considering the interests of our club.  If we do go down he’ll have the ideal excuse for flogging all and sundry  - OK the club valuation if we’re in the Championship and after such a clear-out will be vastly reduced but for a guy worth that much even taking a hit of say £ 100m is relatively small beer (ie 5% if he’s worth 2 billion).  And when people say that his business reputation is tarnished or even finished he can justify the failure by saying that football wasn’t his bag and he can return to flogging tat made in sweatshops to the masses.  He’d probably be secretly chuffed to have got one over the supporters who he perceives as having slighted/insulted him and his family and won’t lose any sleep about leaving the club in a parlous state, cut adrift and heading for a wilderness period a la Sheff Wednesday.

He may be in a for a shock when certain players say that they want to stay but  this feigning of loyalty will simply hide the fact that they want to stay cos they’re on such a good whack here!  Until he actually re-engages in a dialogue with the supporters and splashes some cash to ensure we stay up I can’t help but have what many may consider an overly cynical viewpoint.  I obviously hope I’m way off the mark but even a govt minister could not see any green shoots at SJP at the moment!

Any attempt at guessing  at player wages always underestimated what they are on.

The club paid out £70m in wages last season. Try and get that to add up, and then try and work out which other clubs would match that. Everton had a wage bill of £45m.

We will have to pay players to leave, and we will have to all but give them away to get any cash in at all.

NUFC had money in of nearly £100m in 2008, it spent £120m. The biggest bit of the outs was the £70m on wages. Even if we somehow got rid of half of that wage bill, the corresponding drop in gate money and Sky money would mean we would still be losing vast amounts of money, and desperately hoping Ashley will just pump more in.

If Ashley got bored at just handing over more and more money to poor players and just said stop, the club would be in administration within weeks. He would lose a bucket load of money but he is doing that anyway, and chucking money at it all the time.

If we go down we're fucked.

In fact I imagine he'd be one of the first to go, considering the profit we'd make on him.

So it's because he's worth more money then rather than us making a profit on him.

In a nutshell Ashley is trying to trouser as much wedge as poss out of the club to try and recoup his investment before riding off into the sunset, so if he gets wind of Bassong or a particular player being worth a fairly large sum he’ll plonk a ‘For Sale’ sign over their head without batting an eyelid or even considering the interests of our club.  If we do go down he’ll have the ideal excuse for flogging all and sundry  - OK the club valuation if we’re in the Championship and after such a clear-out will be vastly reduced but for a guy worth that much even taking a hit of say £ 100m is relatively small beer (ie 5% if he’s worth 2 billion).  And when people say that his business reputation is tarnished or even finished he can justify the failure by saying that football wasn’t his bag and he can return to flogging tat made in sweatshops to the masses.  He’d probably be secretly chuffed to have got one over the supporters who he perceives as having slighted/insulted him and his family and won’t lose any sleep about leaving the club in a parlous state, cut adrift and heading for a wilderness period a la Sheff Wednesday.

He may be in a for a shock when certain players say that they want to stay but  this feigning of loyalty will simply hide the fact that they want to stay cos they’re on such a good whack here!  Until he actually re-engages in a dialogue with the supporters and splashes some cash to ensure we stay up I can’t help but have what many may consider an overly cynical viewpoint.  I obviously hope I’m way off the mark but even a govt minister could not see any green shoots at SJP at the moment!

if that were true they'd have been sold alrerady (fire sale) as opposed to holding out for better prices.

Guest black n white

If we are to go down it will be the best thing  that will ever happen to nufc

best thing ever

My love is with nufc

I will always support nufc

I dare any of the people on this forum to question my judgement.

best thing ever

My love is with nufc

i understand you, don't agree but i understand you.

i will not be paying back my discount (before feb 1st) and cancelling next years season ticket.

Guest black n white

best thing ever

My love is with nufc

i understand you, don't agree but i understand you.

i will not be paying back my discount (before feb 1st) and cancelling next years season ticket.

The fact that you understand is enough and i understand why you dont agree.

best thing ever

My love is with nufc

Going down would be an absolute nightmare, I've been through it and it's about as bad as it gets.

Guest Brummiemag

In a nutshell Ashley is trying to trouser as much wedge as poss out of the club to try and recoup his investment before riding off into the sunset, so if he gets wind of Bassong or a particular player being worth a fairly large sum hell plonk a For Sale sign over their head without batting an eyelid or even considering the interests of our club.  If we do go down hell have the ideal excuse for flogging all and sundry  - OK the club valuation if were in the Championship and after such a clear-out will be vastly reduced but for a guy worth that much even taking a hit of say £ 100m is relatively small beer (ie 5% if hes worth 2 billion).  And when people say that his business reputation is tarnished or even finished he can justify the failure by saying that football wasnt his bag and he can return to flogging tat made in sweatshops to the masses.  Hed probably be secretly chuffed to have got one over the supporters who he perceives as having slighted/insulted him and his family and wont lose any sleep about leaving the club in a parlous state, cut adrift and heading for a wilderness period a la Sheff Wednesday.

He may be in a for a shock when certain players say that they want to stay but  this feigning of loyalty will simply hide the fact that they want to stay cos theyre on such a good whack here!  Until he actually re-engages in a dialogue with the supporters and splashes some cash to ensure we stay up I cant help but have what many may consider an overly cynical viewpoint.  I obviously hope Im way off the mark but even a govt minister could not see any green shoots at SJP at the moment!

Sadly I think your right about this, lets hope he proves us wrong and brings some quality players in before feb 2nd. 

best thing ever

My love is with nufc

Going down would be an absolute nightmare, I've been through it and it's about as bad as it gets.

2 of my most enjoyable seasons following NUFC wetre outside the top flight. don't want to go there but i will if necessary.

2 of my most enjoyable seasons following NUFC wetre outside the top flight. don't want to go there but i will if necessary.

You don't need to but you can't tell me that you enjoyed going down, I can't think of anything which has got close to it for being as bad, not football related anyway.

You don't need to but you can't tell me that you enjoyed going down, I can't think of anything which has got close to it for being as bad, not football related anyway.

no i didn't enjoy relegation (as opposed to your very gay "going down") but facts are that i enjoyed certain tiomes when we were down there. i'm a grown up, it's not the biggest thing in the world, it won't drive me to contemplate my life, i've been there before and survived while having a giggle or two.

Guest black n white

best thing ever

My love is with nufc

Sorry mick but i totally disagree.If the club went out of of existence that would be ny nightmare but i am talking as fan. (willing to become a supporter)

I can understand why it was a nightmare for you and many others and totally respect that, If i was to ask you to you explain why it does'nt get any worse it would be to your personal experiences.  (YES)