Journal 'sources': Newcastle offer £10m for Veloso

Baggio

Guest elbee909

Ebondo, Velso, Nolan and taylor I think if we pull all this we done well....

Dont forget, Saviola :p

http://oyebilly.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/200px-saveloy1.jpg

Guest Heneage

£18m I'd tell them get f***ed and head to Florence.

Or Rennes, although Florence is a lot nice for a weekend trip away.

I don't get why we even offered £12m when Fiorentina would take 9m Euro's for Donadel.

I don't get why we even offered £12m when Fiorentina would take 9m Euro's for Donadel.

You can tell you want to be a journo, it was 8m Euro's the other day :lol:

and they are diffefrent players who offer differentr qualities.

definite mirror material

definite mirror material

But they play the same position don't they? Essien and Xavi have totally different qualities to, but they still play the same position, so I don't see the point of what you are saying.

definite mirror material

But they play the same position don't they? Essien and Xavi have totally different qualities to, but they still play the same position, so I don't see the point of what you are saying.

so different players even in the same position offer differing qualities...hence differing prices.

Guest Heneage

And this is why Journalists get annoyed. :p

We have offered 5m, I said around 8m would be a better offer, 9m and they'd definitely sell.

Since when have we offered £5 million?  Seriously I must have missed some updates on this.  Last I heard was when the Italian press started talking about the bid and said a £3.8 million offer had been accepted.  What's been said since and from what sources?

And this is why Journalists get annoyed. :p

We have offered 5m, I said around 8m would be a better offer, 9m and they'd definitely sell.

And you know this......how?

Guest Heneage

Since when have we offered £5 million?  Seriously I must have missed some updates on this.  Last I heard was when the Italian press started talking about the bid and said a £3.8 million offer had been accepted.  What's been said since and from what sources?

Those 3 said a bid had been made, and they were considering it hadn't been accepted.

And Towelie, while I cannot scientifically prove they would 110% accept it, common sense tells me that €9m bid for him will be successful. This is in part due to the financial troubles in Serie A in general, proof of this comes in the shape of the sale Giampolo Pazzini for €8m to Sampdoria, when last year they were quoting prices of double that, and before you ask this was not over the top stupid negotiating from Fiorentina, Pazzini is a good prospect for Italy, you may remember him as the one who scored a hat-trick against England U21's.

Those 3 said a bid had been made, and they were considering it hadn't been accepted.

And Towelie, while I cannot scientifically prove they would 110% accept it, common sense tells me that €9m bid for him will be successful. This is in part due to the financial troubles in Serie A in general, proof of this comes in the shape of the sale Giampolo Pazzini for €8m to Sampdoria, when last year they were quoting prices of double that, and before you ask this was not over the top stupid negotiating from Fiorentina, Pazzini is a good prospect for Italy, you may remember him as the one who scored a hat-trick against England U21's.

so pure guesswork like the rest of us as opposed to an inside track ?

Thesis, let's sign Miguel Veloso.  Antithesis, let's keep Nicky Butt in the first team.  Synthesis, oh well sign Kevin Nolan for cheap.

At best, Veloso was the first and best name on a shortlist that got crossed off a long time ago.  We are not going to magically sign him in the next 24 hours.   

Guest Heneage

Yes if you want to be pedantic, but it doesn't matter what my future profession is I'm discussing this as a fan of Newcastle, my degree course bears no meaning to my ability to discuss, too many on here are hung up by it. The claim of a bid is taken from those Italian websites and are no work of mine. Luca made a similar point to mine as he knows Serie A well too, I'm sure Mattis would agree, I am merely giving you information from a league I have a strong interest in, I thought it would be beneficial.

And cheers Jon.  :pow:

Thesis, let's sign Miguel Veloso.  Antithesis, let's keep Nicky Butt in the first team.  Synthesis, oh well sign Kevin Nolan for cheap.

At best, Veloso was the first and best name on a shortlist that got crossed off a long time ago.  We are not going to magically sign him in the next 24 hours.   

doesn't have to be the next 24hrs and doesn't ketsbaia manage antithesis ?

No I'm pretty sure one of them said it had been accepted, not saying I believe them like..  Either way where has this story of a £5 million bid come from?

Yes if you want to be pedantic, but it doesn't matter what my future profession is I'm discussing this as a fan of Newcastle, my degree course bears no meaning to my ability to discuss, too many on here are hung up by it. The claim of a bid is taken from those Italian websites and are no work of mine. Luca made a similar point to mine as he knows Serie A well too, I'm sure Mattis would agree, I am merely giving you information from a league I have a strong interest in, I thought it would be beneficial.

And cheers Jon.  :pow:

nixon....."d'you want fries with this ?"

doesn't have to be the next 24hrs and doesn't ketsbaia manage antithesis ?

:lol: