Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

If it's anything less than 3 then I give up on referees.

It was a howler of a tackle, and a red card was definitely the only decision the ref could make. But saying that, there was clearly no intention to hurt Anichebe. Why should that tackle get a 3 game ban, whereas twats like Cattermole (consistent injuring of other players) and Rooney (consistent misconduct) continue to get away with their own shit?

But saying that, there was clearly no intention to hurt Anichebe.

:lol:

Why, because he's said so?

One of the worst tackles I've ever seen to be quite honest, Anichebe could easily have gotten an Eduardo-esque injury from it and considering he got him with both feet I'm surprised he didn't.

Rotten, cowardly challenge. He's left the ground with both feet and drove them together in a stomping motion, it just doesn't get more dangerous than that. I'm sure he was trying to get the ball and all that but that doesn't excuse it, it was a horrific lunge and he should really get a lot more than the 3 game ban for it.

Obviously it benefits us if he doesn't get a longer ban, he's a decent player who gives us a goal threat from midfield afterall. But if he does I'll have no complaints, because he'll deserve it and more tbh.

One of the worst tackles I've ever seen to be quite honest, Anichebe could easily have gotten an Eduardo-esque injury from it and considering he got him with both feet I'm surprised he didn't.

Rotten, cowardly challenge. He's left the ground with both feet and drove them together in a stomping motion, it just doesn't get more dangerous than that. I'm sure he was trying to get the ball and all that but that doesn't excuse it, it was a horrific lunge and he should really get a lot more than the 3 game ban for it.

Obviously it benefits us if he doesn't get a longer ban, he's a decent player who gives us a goal threat from midfield afterall. But if he does I'll have no complaints, because he'll deserve it and more tbh.

Just out of interest, what makes it a cowardly challenge?

FWIW I don't think it was cowardly, just slow and clumsy, the sort of tackle players like Nolan are likely to make once in a while.

Leaving the ground, leading with both feet in a way that pretty much assures that if anyone gets injured in what should be a 50-50 ball it's going to be Anichebe.

Say he were to challenge for the ball in a legal way, try and nick it away before Anichebe gets to it. There's a chance that he clips the ball and then Anichebe takes him out getting there a fraction late. It happens, and is the nature of a contact sport like football.

Go in liek Nolan did though, and you're going to be grand. Same can't be said for the other guy though.

Defines cowardice to me, anyway.

he should really get a lot more than the 3 game ban for it.

No, not really.

Had Anichebe's leg been snapped, as it could easily have been, would you feel the same.

Say Lee Cattermole does that to Jonas and snaps his leg, would people feel the same?

Doubt it like.

Leaving the ground, leading with both feet in a way that pretty much assures that if anyone gets injured in what should be a 50-50 ball it's going to be Anichebe.

Say he were to challenge for the ball in a legal way, try and nick it away before Anichebe gets to it. There's a chance that he clips the ball and then Anichebe takes him out getting there a fraction late. It happens, and is the nature of a contact sport like football.

Go in liek Nolan did though, and you're going to be grand. Same can't be said for the other guy though.

Defines cowardice to me, anyway.

That's fair enough, I was just interested to know what you actually meant.

FWIW I don't think it was cowardly, just slow and clumsy, the sort of tackle players like Nolan are likely to make once in a while.

Definitel a cowardly challenge.

It's always the person who doesn't have the balls to go into a 50-50 tackle legitimately that goes in like that.

Basically Nolan bottled it. Thinking more about the collision than just going in for the ball and therefore goes in not to get hurt and therefore hurting the other person.

No, not really.

Had Anichebe's leg been snapped, as it could easily have been, would you feel the same.

Say Lee Cattermole does that to Jonas and snaps his leg, would people feel the same?

Doubt it like.

Doubt it all you want...

It was clumsy and he got there late. And for these things we have red cards....

Nolan clearly went in to hurt Anichebe. My reasoning behind this view is that noone ever goes into a tackle like that. How is he supposed to win the ball with his studs going over the ball?

However, i don't think it was a case of "i'm going to break his leg" but a moment of recklessness/madness.

As bad a tackle as it was I don't think he had any intent on hurting Anichebe. Anichebe took a bad first touch, Nolans starting position was sideways standing and he tried to get his body in front of him, but just got it all wrong.

Nolan clearly went in to hurt Anichebe. My reasoning behind this view is that noone ever goes into a tackle like that. How is he supposed to win the ball with his studs going over the ball?

However, i don't think it was a case of "i'm going to break his leg" but a moment of recklessness/madness.

Aye i'd agree with that. Very unprofessional too to go in like that on a fellow player. I'm no fan of Anichebe but he could've easily ended the lads career. It's a cowards "tackle"

Definitely not as bad as what Guthrie did to Fagan. Bad tackle, but it was done in a action that is common on football pitch. That's why I think Martin Taylor and/or Nolan should not be treated as harshly as say that idiot at Man City who just ran up and punched Pedro Mendes in the face. So yeah, bad tackle, 3 game ban. That's all in my opinion.

No, not really.

Doubt it like.

Doubt it all you want...

Clumsy :lol:

In my time playing football I did a number of clumsy things, but a two footed lunge was not among them. You don't just magically find yourself sailing through the air with your two feet together, about to stomp on some fucker.

I'm sure he was intending to get the ball, but that's no excuse. Two footed tackles are outlawed for a reason. As a professional footballer, he has a duty to his other pros to not do what he did yesterday.

How the hell was Nolan going to predict Anichebe's leg would be in such a perfect stomping position when he left the ground? There was absolutely no time for that. He misjudged the situation and landed on his leg, that's all.

So why did he jump at the ball with his two feet? Unless he was about to show us some sort of ball control that had never been seen in the premierleague. He was never going to get the ball with that sort of movement. Regardless whether he was to get the ball or not, it was a criminal challenge.

I think Nolan acted quite natural, it was a survival of the fittest kind of situation, Anichebe looked to be going in kind of hard too so in the heat of the moment the first reaction to Nolan is to defend his own legs, because if Nolan would have put his feet in the ground infront of the ball Anichebe could have got his legs instead.

Edit: And to be fair, Diaby of Arsenal does this what, every f***ing week? dont hear the newspapers complaining about their little sweethearts then.

The only different now is that this was the work of the "Evil white man".

What? :lol:

Newcastle are gaining a really bad reputation now. Between Barton, Guthrie, and Nolan, we're pretty much considered a team of butchers.

No, not really.

Doubt it like.

Doubt it all you want...

Clumsy :lol:

In my time playing football I did a number of clumsy things, but a two footed lunge was not among them. You don't just magically find yourself sailing through the air with your two feet together, about to stomp on some fucker.

I'm sure he was intending to get the ball, but that's no excuse. Two footed tackles are outlawed for a reason. As a professional footballer, he has a duty to his other pros to not do what he did yesterday.

He tried to get himself between the ball and Anichebe. Thought it was quite obvious. I certanly wouldnt say he went in to stomp Anichebe on purpose....

As bad a tackle as it was I really don't think Nolan was out to "do" him, but what he was thinking I do not know. Decent gesture by him to apologise after.

Gutted as Everton were there for the taking. Shit happens to us at the moment, if Aniechebe kept perfect control of that there would not have been a problem.

I think Nolan acted quite natural, it was a survival of the fittest kind of situation, Anichebe looked to be going in kind of hard too so in the heat of the moment the first reaction to Nolan is to defend his own legs, because if Nolan would have put his feet in the ground infront of the ball Anichebe could have got his legs instead.

Edit: And to be fair, Diaby of Arsenal does this what, every f***ing week? dont hear the newspapers complaining about their little sweethearts then.

The only different now is that this was the work of the "Evil white man".

What? :lol:

Newcastle are gaining a really bad reputation now. Between Barton, Guthrie, and Nolan, we're pretty much considered a team of butchers.

Scousers *Cough*

How the hell was Nolan going to predict Anichebe's leg would be in such a perfect stomping position when he left the ground? There was absolutely no time for that. He misjudged the situation and landed on his leg, that's all.

So why did he jump at the ball with his two feet? Unless he was about to show us some sort of ball control that had never been seen in the premierleague. He was never going to get the ball with that sort of movement. Regardless whether he was to get the ball or not, it was a criminal challenge.

He didn't. I've been looking at the "tackle" frame by frame from the only video I could find on the-video-clip-site-one-must-not-name (downloaded via keepvid.com and converted to still images), and it's clear to me that he gets in between the player and the ball, but Anichebe launches into a tackle at the same time. Nolan also bends his knees to minimise the impact, which he wouldn't have done if he'd meant to injure him.