Rob Lee

Tooj

Just sat here, having another one of my nostalgic moments. We all know how great Rob Lee was for us, and how much of a fantastic midfielder he was, yet another underrated by the masses it would  seem. If you look at central midfielders playing in the Premiership now. There aren't many better than Rob Lee was in his prime, that's for certain.  :clap:

Just sat here, having another one of my nostalgic moments. We all know how great Rob Lee was for us, and how much of a fantastic midfielder he was, yet another underrated by the masses it would  seem. If you look at central midfielders playing in the Premiership now. There aren't many better than Rob Lee was in his prime, that's for certain.  :clap:

indeed. In his prime with Keegan he played a bit like Lampard, although not as good tbh. Great player was Lee, certainly along with Bearsley and Cole the main reason we finished 3rd in 93-94

:clap:

Unlike Gary speed with Nolan, he said he wouldn't advise anyone to come to Newcastle. Ungrateful cockney t***.

After the way he was treated by Gullit and what he has seen happen to the club since he left, how can you blame him ? The truth sometimes hurts, but if the cap fits.....

/I keed, I keed. Top fella, great times. O0

Guest Howaythetoon

Between about Jan 94, to Jan 96, there wasn't a better midfielder in England. He was awesome.

Maybe Europe. I remember when we got promoted there was talk about whether he would make the step up, everyone assumed it would be Clark even though towards the end of that season it was Lee performing the best alongside Cole and others. My how he made the step up though, a tremendous all-rounder who scored all kinds of goals. Massively underrated in the air, 3 against Antwerp from his head IIRC.

Couldn't shoot for shit.

Wasted do many opportunities it was criminal. When he was playing little kids sat outside SJP waiting for him to take a shot so they could get a free match ball. He was horrendous from outside the box.

Cracking player apart from that.

Guest firetotheworks

Criminally underrated imo. But only because Beardsley and Cole were so good. I remember when Beardsley got injured though, he and Cole took up a similar partnership and both of them were scoring for fun. A very neat player with a great deal of intelligence.