Ryan Taylor

Dave

Hes done well to play consistantly in our side hasnt he then for such a poor squad player. Really worked out badly for us having him play fullback when we got up to 3rd. Offers a threat from set pieces & his crosses if played on the wing. Our leading assister so far. But nah, crap player. Deary me.

Muntari has a CL-medal, I bet he could carry the entire Sunderland squad into europe.

Pretty woeful argument that really isnt it.

The problem, and the reason there's even any debate about the new contract, isn't Ryan Taylor. The problem is Alan Pardew. I'm hoping that this won't be the case every week next season.

100% correct. Shame some of the people on here can't seem to see the difference..

Guest Brynn

Also agree with that. Its not Ryan Taylors fault he is started every week, I really like the lad.

But he really isnt good enough to be anywhere near the first 11.

Guest Brynn

Hes done well to play consistantly in our side hasnt he then for such a poor squad player. Really worked out badly for us having him play fullback when we got up to 3rd. Offers a threat from set pieces & his crosses if played on the wing. Our leading assister so far. But nah, crap player. Deary me.

Muntari has a CL-medal, I bet he could carry the entire Sunderland squad into europe.

Pretty woeful argument that really isnt it.

The sentiment is the same, saying he is responsible for us getting to third is the same as crediting Muntari for a CL-triumph.

There are passengers in all teams, successful or not. Taylor is definately one.

He's a crap player.

Guest Brynn

Ryan Taylor is absolute wank, and nothing people in here write will convince me otherwise.

Im actually shocked to come on here and find people defending him. Are these the same people who want to bench ben arfa because he creates "dangerous situations" with his ball-losses outside the box?

Horrible fotballer with a decent crossing foot. That doesnt get you this far usually, proven by the fact that he was refilling waterbottles in the championship - but he found the one coach in the country who rates this ability above all else.

Holy grail found I reckon.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Williamson header.

Sorry Jayson, do you think he was good at left back? I certainly didn't. He needed obscene protection from Jonas and was still getting consistently exposed. His corners are usually crap and it's not viable to have such a poor player around just in the event we get a free kick 25 yards from goal.

Guest Brynn

Not being good enough to hold down any position appearently makes you good at all of them and you get a "versatile!" tag to booth by the window-licker union in here.

Williamson header.

Sorry Jayson, do you think he was good at left back? I certainly didn't. He needed obscene protection from Jonas and was still getting consistently exposed. His corners are usually crap and it's not viable to have such a poor player around just in the event we get a free kick 25 yards from goal.

He was worse some games than others, some utterly awful, some games he got by fine. What he's provided going fowards has played a more telling role for us this season than his weaknesses have, because as you say others have covered for them at times. Thats lead to more points for us, no reason it couldnt be similar in future with him as a squad option.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I was happy to just have him as back-up and see out his contract next season, I just feel it's a bit unnecessary. I'd like to think we'd be in a position to have better squad players then. :)

I was happy to just have him as back-up and see out his contract next season, I just feel it's a bit unnecessary. I'd like to think we'd be in a position to have better squad players then. :)

Don't be daft, far too much to ask to want to phase out the footballers in our squad who shit their pants in possession of the round thing.

Guest Brynn

I wonder how far away from the first team SBR would have kept him. There isnt a barge pole long enough.....

I appreciate the fact that they are putting in a shift, but that is by no means an argument to keep them!

Stop handing out new contracts to mediocre players.  Simpson, Williamson, Raylor and Obertan should be kept far away from a starting elleven. Their faces on the bench is still aggravating but still to some degree somewhat digestable.

I guess the longer we play them, the more people will try to justifiy them starting. Shame really.