Ryan Taylor

Dave

Guest Brynn

I sincerely hope Im wrong, mind. Just afraid I am not.

Ol`alan loves them long passes, him does. And Ryan Taylor is rather good at just that ( but little else).

Yeah, having a right midfielder with as a good a foot as Ryan Taylor while being vastly superior in just about every other area would be horrible, like.

£60k a week to sit on the bench? No thanks.

I am no fan of Joey Barton but if he was still here I would start him on the right every week over Ryan Taylor.

Wouldn't get a look in over Ben Arfa though.

Guest Brynn

Yeah, having a right midfielder with as a good a foot as Ryan Taylor while being vastly superior in just about every other area would be horrible, like.

£60k a week to sit on the bench? No thanks.

I am no fan of Joey Barton but if he was still here I would start him on the right every week over Ryan Taylor.

Wouldn't get a look in over Ben Arfa though.

Then again, Raylor would. Scissor-paper-rocks?

people needto recognise the subtle differences between can play in many positions and is played in many positions. Do the same people w whorate him  say  the same about perch? who i believe is a better player technically

I think perch is decent anarl, just lacks a bit of confidence and lets his head go down when things don't go his way.

:facepalm:

is this the kind of players that we want to go for? I been watching quite a lot of football this season that indicates that he´s NOT a footballer. It´s quite embarrassing what Englishmen is defining as a footballer (the managers at the top anyway). Look at the European cups this season man. The English team is outplayed and teams from less big football countries is playing way better and is getting success.

When is this going to chance? I no we need a squad. But in my option we need FOOTBALLERS that tries to play the game.

Absolutely waste of money. Just as Sholas contract. Disgraces.

is this the kind of players that we want to go for? I been watching quite a lot of football this season that indicates that he´s NOT a footballer. It´s quite embarrassing what Englishmen is defining as a footballer (the managers at the top anyway). Look at the European cups this season man. The English team is outplayed and teams from less big football countries is playing way better and is getting success.

When is this going to chance? I no we need a squad. But in my option we need FOOTBALLERS that tries to play the game.

Fuck sake. :lol:

f*** sake. :lol:

a little bit over the top maybe :lol:

but basically what I think. wanted the place to get going a bit...

Aye. English clubs have an awful history in Europe. And it's completely relevant to Ryan Taylor's contract.

Well, anyway when the dough was here. but look now. Most of the teams are not play especially good and teams all over the world seems to close the gap or run away. and teams like Stoke is not helping.

Of the last 9 finals, English teams have competed in 8 of them. Yes, it's now going to be 8 of 10. You're going to have to wait a few years before I start believing the top English teams are on the decline.

And it's still irrelevant to Ryan Taylor's contract.

And the existence of Stoke.

Guest Brynn

Its relevant because we keep giving s*** fotballers longer contracts instead of getting rid and replacing them with promising talents.

Its relevant because we keep giving s*** fotballers longer contracts instead of getting rid and replacing them with promising talents.

... so that makes the performance of English clubs in the Champions League relevant.... how exactly?

Completely different to Shola situation, you are 100% clueless.

One of the best squad players you could get behind the top 4 teams in the country with his versatility, commitment and what he offers on the pitch. Do I want him starting when our first XI is fit - of course not, but you need options. Good signing.

Agree would rather we had young+upcomings on the bench, but we're not exactly in a position to gamble big bucks on young players like Wickham or Oxade-Chamberlain. Be thankful that we have at least Krul so far, he's worth all the money put into the other youngsters that failed combined, the multiply by a hundred.

Young players don't just magically appear to fill the bench, it takes 10-15 years to get the structure right before we can ever hope of having players coming through like Man United or Liverpool. We're still recovering from the first Keegan period where he axed the entire infrastructure beyond the first team, we didn't even have a reserves.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's alright saying he's committed and gives his best and so on, but I just don't see a fooballer in him.

Guest Brynn

Completely different to Shola situation, you are 100% clueless.

One of the best squad players you could get behind the top 4 teams in the country with his versatility, commitment and what he offers on the pitch.

[/Quote]

:lol: If by versatility you mean unable to hold down a single position and commitment because he has nothing else to offer, then ok. as for the other comment, I bet there are litterarily 19 pints being reversed onto the table in the managers lounge after reading that drivel.

Agree would rather we had young+upcomings on the bench, but we're not exactly in a position to gamble big bucks on young players like Wickham or Oxade-Chamberlain. Be thankful that we have at least Krul so far, he's worth all the money put into the other youngsters that failed combined, the multiply by a hundred.

True, sunderland and west brom clearly do, but youngsters like shane long and wickham are clearly out of our financial league.

Young players don't just magically appear to fill the bench, it takes 10-15 years to get the structure right before we can ever hope of having players coming through like Man United or Liverpool. We're still recovering from the first Keegan period where he axed the entire infrastructure beyond the first team, we didn't even have a reserves.

Why not make it 20-25 years while we are at it,  just to be sure... :crazy2:

Hes done well to play consistantly in our side hasnt he then for such a poor squad player. Really worked out badly for us having him play fullback when we got up to 3rd. Offers a threat from set pieces & his crosses if played on the wing. Our leading assister so far. But nah, crap player. Deary me.

Wasn't his contract almost up...14 month?... Surely this is the club just protecting itself to an extent also... Listening to AP interview today about it he made it pretty clear he's a squad player...

Guest Brynn

Hes done well to play consistantly in our side hasnt he then for such a poor squad player. Really worked out badly for us having him play fullback when we got up to 3rd. Offers a threat from set pieces & his crosses if played on the wing. Our leading assister so far. But nah, crap player. Deary me.

Muntari has a CL-medal, I bet he could carry the entire Sunderland squad into europe.