Recent big money strikers that didn't work out.

Parky

Not massive money in the greater scheme of things, but Dave Kitson as a record signing at about £6m hasn't scored for Stoke yet. Utaka (£7m) has been very poor at Pompey too.

Utaka rarely if ever plays up top though but i agree he is fairly wank.

Harsh on Bent - one in three is his record for Spurs and he hasn't started all of those games either.

Bobby Zamora (quite a lot of money for Fulham to spend)

Andy Johnson cost £11m and he can't have more than half a dozen league goals, although I haven't checked the stats

Not bad for Fulham? Non?

Well the thing is they're in the top half, so something is obviously working. Still think for £11m I'd be dissapointed with so few goals

Fulham have a habit of signing expensive strikers that flop.  Wasn't Steve Marlet about £11m at a time when that was still considered a hell of a lot of money for any player?

Berbatov? The one who can't stop scoring for Man Utd?

Zomora? The one that Fulham fans rave about for his play and selflessness, in the knowledge that he isn't a goal machine and never has been?

Elmander? Him of a new league and injury problems?

Johnson? Him of recent good goalscoring form?

Huntelaar... has yet to score in about 4-5 mainly sub appearances, but I'm sure the goals will soon start flowing. Too premature to be saying that his transfer to Real Madrid didn't work out.

Some of you lot are way too harsh. Of those mentioned I'd go with Dos Santos (major disappointment thus far), Kitson (not worth the money in all honesty), Jo (clearly got the talent), Keane (good player, just didn't work out for him at Liverpool), and Alves (proof once again of how poor the Eredivisie is, he's good but not as good as you might have thought).

Zomora? The one that Fulham fans rave about for his play and selflessness, in the knowledge that he isn't a goal machine and never has been?

Huntelaar... has yet to score in about 4-5 mainly sub appearances, but I'm sure the goals will soon start flowing. Too premature to be saying that his transfer to Real Madrid didn't work out.

Some of you lot are way too harsh. Of those mentioned I'd go with Dos Santos (major disappointment thus far), Kitson (not worth the money in all honesty), Jo (clearly got the talent), Keane (good player, just didn't work out for him at Liverpool), and Alves (proof once again of how poor the Eredivisie is, he's good but not as good as you might have thought).

I agree Alves has the Kezman virus.

Your Elmander reasoning is surely what contributes to his move currently not working out though.

Your Elmander reasoning is surely what contributes to his move currently not working out though.

He's hardly been a total failure for them is all I'm saying. If he doesn't pick up a bit more and become more consistent by the end of the season, then yeah you could say it's not worked out too well.