Llambias Q&A with Chronicle: OP updated with Thursday's articles

Guest neesy111

As NE5 would say. "But we are Newcastle, we have had European football, we would never get debts we couldn't afford to repay. We had lovely, beautiful football. We were never in a state where we couldn't afford to repay it back."

Aye bollocks NE5, we could have (and still could be) the next Leeds for the very same reason.

Is the correct answer that everyone who keeps biting should realize instead of continuing to waste bandwith on the forum out of some unlikely hope that any amount of common sense will convince him to admit that he's wrong.

As NE5 would say. "But we are Newcastle, we have had European football, we would never get debts we couldn't afford to repay. We had lovely, beautiful football. We were never in a state where we couldn't afford to repay it back."

Aye bollocks NE5, we could have (and still could be) the next Leeds for the very same reason.

Is the correct answer that everyone who keeps biting should realize instead of continuing to waste bandwith on the forum out of some unlikely hope that he'll ever admit to being wrong.

gave up on that a while back.......a straight answer would do me.

Is the correct answer that everyone who keeps biting should realize instead of continuing to waste bandwith on the forum out of some unlikely hope that he'll ever admit to being wrong.

You should know by now that the chances of you getting either are approximately 0.

If no one responds to NE5, no more threads get hijacked, and he doesn't get the attention he so craves.

He'll disappear on his own.

Guest toonlass

Is the correct answer that everyone who keeps biting should realize instead of continuing to waste bandwith on the forum out of some unlikely hope that any amount of common sense will convince him to admit that he's wrong.

Do you think any of us think we will get any sense or a serious answer out of him. We all just do this for a piss take when we are bored!

Guest toonlass

:idiot2:  bluelaugh.gif  :kasper:  :idiot2:

You should know by now that the chances of you getting either are approximately 0.

If no one responds to NE5, no more threads get hijacked, and he doesn't get the attention he so craves.

i don't want him to disappear. i think he's a canny bloke with an achiles heel (we all have them). this place wouldn't be the same without an ne5 baiting corner.

i'd like him to post on other things though aswell.

i don't want him to disappear. i think he's a canny bloke with an achiles heel (we all have them). this place wouldn't be the same without an ne5 baiting corner.

Would be one of the best posters on here if he didn't waste all his time arguing over something that will NEVER be resolved.

Would be one of the best posters on here if he didn't waste all his time arguing over something that will NEVER be resolved.

come on, it's already been resolved. everyone knows including NE5 but it kills the game if he admits it.

I couldn't give a toss. It beats selling your best players and competing for years at the level of the Charltons of this world any day. Did all those who faked mock outrage give up their Cup Final tickets a few months later, and the season after, out of principle ?

Without Ashley, how would we have paid our bills?

oh, Michael, Michael. < swoon >

To clarify, if Ashley had kept Keegan, backed him, [which is what you thought was going to happen] and we were making progress, you would be saying he shouldn't be doing it because he should be looking after "stabilising" the club instead ?

Why were you happy with Keegan then ?

Quite staggering.  mackems.gif

I don't think he cares enough about the club to want genuine success on the pitch.

What do you think he wants then? Failure?

he wants a profit, but doesn't understand that what he is doing will not succeed on the pitch.

Pretty basic stuff. Why does it have to be explained again.

So did Sir John and Shepherd!

oh dear

You think they didn't? Care to explain their salaries and the money they made when they sold their shares in the club?

she - and you - have no idea whatsoever of the meaning of the rest of that post.

Really? So Sir John and Fred only got involved with Newcastle United for altruistic purposes? Shame I didn't read the articles that said they gave the profits that they made back to Newcastle United when they left!

Well, they saved the club from bankruptcy and administration. Don't you remember ?

In the meantime, the spending you scorn gave you one of the countries top teams, more european and Champions League qualifications than everybody but 4 clubs, world class footballers, an expanded and transformed ground filled to capacity, a new training complext which had been needed since world war 2, and an increase in the value of the club from less than 1.25m quid to somewhere between 100m and 200m quid.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion or any personalities though.

They have nearly caused it too, leaving us with HUGE debts. Don't you remember?

In the meantime you seem to forget that we finished 13th in the season before Ashley took over. Ok you can go on and on and on and on about the european football as much as you like, WE GET THE FUCKING MESSAGE and most of us agree that the football was amazing, but the club has been left in a financial crisis to get that football. We had just about exhausted our lines of credit. Are you so damn stupid that you cannot see that?

Don't let the financial facts get in the way of your nostalgia by the way!

don't let the fact that every successful club in the world has a shitload of debt change your opinion either, while you reject what you have seen since 1992 in favour of running the club like clubs such as Charlton

Head in the sand eh?

no. Reality

You tell me any club who is successful and does it by paying peanuts ?

you're about 17 aren't you. So you're an expert  bluelaugh.gif

About 80% of the premiership are going to be the next Leeds  bluelaugh.gif

Unfortunately, relegation should do the trick

You get your fun from where you want I guess.

For me he's just the worst kind of troll who goes a long way towards bringing down the level of intelligent discourse in this forum.

I agree that he's capable of making very sensible posts when he's not talking about his favorite topic, but it's really just one or two gems wrapped up in a towering mountain of s***.

Personally, I know exactly what I'm going to do when we get the long-awaited ignore function.

You get your fun from where you want I guess.

For me he's just the worst kind of troll who goes a long way towards bringing down the level of intelligent discourse in this forum.

I agree that he's capable of making very sensible posts when he's not talking about his favorite topic, but it's really just one or two gems wrapped up in a towering mountain of s***.

Personally, I know exactly what I'm going to do when we get the long-awaited ignore function.

its your loss.

Have a good time deluding yourself that Mike Ashley will ever be a good owner of a successful Newcastle United.

Having looked at the first 3 pages of response to Llambias's interview comments on nufc.com(its always good to try to see what other boards are thinking), it is clear that the vast majority of fans there are NOT convinced by the Club's owner/board and their policy - and I have to agree.

There are far too many anomalies in his statements ; things like trying to 'become an Aston Villa' are ludicrous because Villa run their club in an entirely different way to this lot ; they have a proven manager & coaches who have made progress with the team since day 1 TRUE; they have an owner who most other fans will have forgotten about because he simply provides MON with a decent budget TRUE but who else was prepared to put ANY money towards the club,let alone transfer budgets ?, allows him to get on with it, and turns up quietly to support the team MORE TO DO WITH THEY ARE DOING WELL AND WE ARN'T(Nothing at all to do with that - Lerner has been going since Day i). ; in any event , we have already BEEN where Villa are , and even past that by playing CL Football in recent years, so Llambias is showing lack of ambition by implying that we have to use them as a standard THEY CAN ONLY BE JUDGED FROM WHEN THEY TOOK OVER...NOT WHERE NUFC WAS YEARS BEFORE THEY CAME IN[)They should be judged on WHAT ACTIONS THEY HAVE TAKEN TO IMPROVE THE CLUB - apart from Ashley 'covering' the debt, the rest has been dire.../color]- we KNOW what needs to be done but the Board and owner clearly DON'T ; they believe that appointing someone like Wise as DOF and a complete novice like Llambias as Chairman who then try to operate some supposedly-iconic system like the Continentals is going to be the answer to all the club's problems THE FINANCES ARE MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN COMMUNICATION OR SOME FANS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH WISE....this is the charitable version...the less charitable view is that they are cynically using the club as a cash-raising device by selling players with talent and replacing them with journeymen whilst making it up as they go along with such decisions as offering Kinnear an extended contract on the grounds that he is 'what they need'. I DON'T UNDERSTAND OFFERING KINNEAR A CONTRACT BUT THE CASH RAISER IDEA IS BIZZARRE CONSIDERING HOW MUCH HE'LL HAVE TO MAKE TO CLAW BACK WHAT HE'S PUT IN...IS IT A 30 YEAR PLAN ?...I'll BET he is - I remember Stan Seymour saying that after the Board went up to Hibs and bought Ralph Callachan back in 1977 after Richard Dinnis and Gordon Lee said they DIDN'T want the player....

They have compounded this mistake by keeping the coaches in charge now that Kinnear is out of action, maybe for good ; instead of decisively going for a new, preferably younger manager(for the long term), or an experienced proven guy until the season's end, they have gambled on the club's future, probably out of parsimony...

These guys are a joke and their lack of know-how and penny-pinching will return to haunt them big-style.

I am NOT convinced and the sooner the club is sold to people who may approach Randy Lerner's outlook, the better for all concerned, otherwise we are all in for a few years of misery. ANY IDEA WHO ?Perhaps there WOULD have been someone had Ashley not been arrogant and rude on his visit to Dubai and failed to keep an appointment with the Arabs....there WILL be someone, but not yet because this lot have left the club in such a mess on the field and in turmoil off it...

i wished you'd used a different colour....anyway,here goes.

point 1).....ie quietly supporting the team etc....what i meant was if we were top 6 no-one would be complaining about lack of communication etc.

2) we know what needs to be done ?----do we ? outside of appointing a better manager than kinnear few will agree will on anything apart from disliking wise and Llambias on a personal level without actually knowing what they do.

3) the bit about keeping an appointment with the arabs.................the ashley side of the story is that they already had a meeting and were offered a derisiory price. turned it down and went on the hoy. i have no reason to believe one story or the other..........do you know different ?

Do you know that its NOT the way things happened - why would they say it if it wasn't true ? If can't mak their chances of getting the club on the cheap any better..?In any case, as someone who has been in business for themselves, I know that I NEVER broke an appointment, nor did I expect others to do so with me.

As to point 2, yes, many of us DO know what needs to be done because its hardly rocket science - you appoint a DECENT MANAGER, agree a BUDGET with him, and provide him with a decent SCOUTING NETWORK to find future players...he then vets them and decides if they are HIS kind of player before signing them...you do NOT try to undermine him by appointing some guy who wasn't half the player that the manager was, or has nowhere near the managerial experience, over his head as so-called DOF ; NOR do you appoint someone who ran a Casino previously as your Chairman, esp if he has the charisma of a sideboard....

Had ANY of these things been done correctly, we would probably not have been in the dire position in which the club finds itself......and these points are just for starters.

a) i don't know but we have two conflicting stories with no evidence,therefore until i get evidence i'll believe neither.

b) i've said about kinnear aswell. as for the budget..how do you know they didn't. as for undermining keegan i'll await the court case to see if he was playing power games aswell (he has form)

c) we still don't know what the relationship between wise and keegan was.

d) appointing a casino boss as chairman.....why not ? take a look at most prem clubs chairmen and see if they are through and through football men ?

ashley and his team have made massive mistakes. kinnear long term being the biggest.

You are obviously happy with the status quo and the Board - I am NOT...

You have your view, I have mine and we'll NEVER agree..I hope, for your sake, you are right, because, assuming you are younger, you are going to have to live with the actions of Ashley & Co for a lot longer than I am ...!

typical response of the anti-ashley brigade.

i'm not happy but i'm not blaming either. a) they took over from a shitty position.

b) i'm not happy about kinnears appointment either

c) i haven't got a clue about the remit of wise or Llambias so can't really make a judgement.

i can't be right or wrong as what i've said all along is people are jumping in and making conclusions based on sod all and i'm not prepared to do that. if somebody does well i'll praise (i did with fred and hall) if somebody does poorly i'll criticise (as before unfortunatly).

the biggest mistake they've made is kinnear. i could understand bringing him in for 6 weeks or so till the club was sold but oncde it became clear there was no sale he should've been thanked and replaced. in my view that was bigger than keegan leaving.

...'typical response of the anti-Ashley brigade..'

In fact it is THIS type of response that indicates that you have lost the argument ; WHERE did I say I was anti-Ashley ? I said I disagreed with the Board and I do.

In fact, I was very PLEASED when Ashley took the club over because I thought he would run it in a better way than Shepherd - has he done that ? In my opinion, NO ; he has appointed people who have PROVED to be just as bad if not worse...ask most fans about Llambias as Chairman, or Wise as DOF , OR the fact that Ashley swanned off to the USA when the KK problem blew up instead of sorting it out....

I am NOT in favour of unchecked spending on players or signing trophy-type players to keep the masses happy, but I most definitely AM in favour of people being allowed to do the job they were asked to do, and again, in MY OPINION , KK was NOT allowed to do the job..

I have no special brief for KK because I know he has a short fuse and can be hasty, BUT - in this case he was right and both Fergie & Wenger agreed with him.

This incident is at the root of all the club's current problems - you can pass over it if you want, but making trite comments about the 'anti-Ashley brigade' will not alter the facts...

'By their actions shall you judge them', and Ashley wasted 100m on a gamble with Bradford & Bingley - money which could have been used to strengthen the side ; even if HALF of it had been available, everyone, including you, would have been jumping for joy....

Guest toonlass

you're about 17 aren't you. So you're an expert  bluelaugh.gif

:lol:

i must say resorting to 'well other clubs can do it, so we must be able to' seems a bit, well, like he hasnt really thought it through

you mean like "everybody else appoints the right managers" or "nobody else embarrasses like this" ?

Having looked at the first 3 pages of response to Llambias's interview comments on nufc.com(its always good to try to see what other boards are thinking), it is clear that the vast majority of fans there are NOT convinced by the Club's owner/board and their policy - and I have to agree.

There are far too many anomalies in his statements ; things like trying to 'become an Aston Villa' are ludicrous because Villa run their club in an entirely different way to this lot ; they have a proven manager & coaches who have made progress with the team since day 1 TRUE; they have an owner who most other fans will have forgotten about because he simply provides MON with a decent budget TRUE but who else was prepared to put ANY money towards the club,let alone transfer budgets ?, allows him to get on with it, and turns up quietly to support the team MORE TO DO WITH THEY ARE DOING WELL AND WE ARN'T(Nothing at all to do with that - Lerner has been going since Day i). ; in any event , we have already BEEN where Villa are , and even past that by playing CL Football in recent years, so Llambias is showing lack of ambition by implying that we have to use them as a standard THEY CAN ONLY BE JUDGED FROM WHEN THEY TOOK OVER...NOT WHERE NUFC WAS YEARS BEFORE THEY CAME IN[)They should be judged on WHAT ACTIONS THEY HAVE TAKEN TO IMPROVE THE CLUB - apart from Ashley 'covering' the debt, the rest has been dire.../color]- we KNOW what needs to be done but the Board and owner clearly DON'T ; they believe that appointing someone like Wise as DOF and a complete novice like Llambias as Chairman who then try to operate some supposedly-iconic system like the Continentals is going to be the answer to all the club's problems THE FINANCES ARE MORE OF A PROBLEM THAN COMMUNICATION OR SOME FANS HAVING A PROBLEM WITH WISE....this is the charitable version...the less charitable view is that they are cynically using the club as a cash-raising device by selling players with talent and replacing them with journeymen whilst making it up as they go along with such decisions as offering Kinnear an extended contract on the grounds that he is 'what they need'. I DON'T UNDERSTAND OFFERING KINNEAR A CONTRACT BUT THE CASH RAISER IDEA IS BIZZARRE CONSIDERING HOW MUCH HE'LL HAVE TO MAKE TO CLAW BACK WHAT HE'S PUT IN...IS IT A 30 YEAR PLAN ?...I'll BET he is - I remember Stan Seymour saying that after the Board went up to Hibs and bought Ralph Callachan back in 1977 after Richard Dinnis and Gordon Lee said they DIDN'T want the player....

They have compounded this mistake by keeping the coaches in charge now that Kinnear is out of action, maybe for good ; instead of decisively going for a new, preferably younger manager(for the long term), or an experienced proven guy until the season's end, they have gambled on the club's future, probably out of parsimony...

These guys are a joke and their lack of know-how and penny-pinching will return to haunt them big-style.

I am NOT convinced and the sooner the club is sold to people who may approach Randy Lerner's outlook, the better for all concerned, otherwise we are all in for a few years of misery. ANY IDEA WHO ?Perhaps there WOULD have been someone had Ashley not been arrogant and rude on his visit to Dubai and failed to keep an appointment with the Arabs....there WILL be someone, but not yet because this lot have left the club in such a mess on the field and in turmoil off it...

i wished you'd used a different colour....anyway,here goes.

point 1).....ie quietly supporting the team etc....what i meant was if we were top 6 no-one would be complaining about lack of communication etc.

2) we know what needs to be done ?----do we ? outside of appointing a better manager than kinnear few will agree will on anything apart from disliking wise and Llambias on a personal level without actually knowing what they do.

3) the bit about keeping an appointment with the arabs.................the ashley side of the story is that they already had a meeting and were offered a derisiory price. turned it down and went on the hoy. i have no reason to believe one story or the other..........do you know different ?

Do you know that its NOT the way things happened - why would they say it if it wasn't true ? If can't mak their chances of getting the club on the cheap any better..?In any case, as someone who has been in business for themselves, I know that I NEVER broke an appointment, nor did I expect others to do so with me.

As to point 2, yes, many of us DO know what needs to be done because its hardly rocket science - you appoint a DECENT MANAGER, agree a BUDGET with him, and provide him with a decent SCOUTING NETWORK to find future players...he then vets them and decides if they are HIS kind of player before signing them...you do NOT try to undermine him by appointing some guy who wasn't half the player that the manager was, or has nowhere near the managerial experience, over his head as so-called DOF ; NOR do you appoint someone who ran a Casino previously as your Chairman, esp if he has the charisma of a sideboard....

Had ANY of these things been done correctly, we would probably not have been in the dire position in which the club finds itself......and these points are just for starters.

a) i don't know but we have two conflicting stories with no evidence,therefore until i get evidence i'll believe neither.

b) i've said about kinnear aswell. as for the budget..how do you know they didn't. as for undermining keegan i'll await the court case to see if he was playing power games aswell (he has form)

c) we still don't know what the relationship between wise and keegan was.

d) appointing a casino boss as chairman.....why not ? take a look at most prem clubs chairmen and see if they are through and through football men ?

ashley and his team have made massive mistakes. kinnear long term being the biggest.

You are obviously happy with the status quo and the Board - I am NOT...

You have your view, I have mine and we'll NEVER agree..I hope, for your sake, you are right, because, assuming you are younger, you are going to have to live with the actions of Ashley & Co for a lot longer than I am ...!

typical response of the anti-ashley brigade.

i'm not happy but i'm not blaming either. a) they took over from a shitty position.

b) i'm not happy about kinnears appointment either

c) i haven't got a clue about the remit of wise or Llambias so can't really make a judgement.

i can't be right or wrong as what i've said all along is people are jumping in and making conclusions based on sod all and i'm not prepared to do that. if somebody does well i'll praise (i did with fred and hall) if somebody does poorly i'll criticise (as before unfortunatly).

the biggest mistake they've made is kinnear. i could understand bringing him in for 6 weeks or so till the club was sold but oncde it became clear there was no sale he should've been thanked and replaced. in my view that was bigger than keegan leaving.

...'typical response of the anti-Ashley brigade..'

In fact it is THIS type of response that indicates that you have lost the argument ; WHERE did I say I was anti-Ashley ? I said I disagreed with the Board and I do.

In fact, I was very PLEASED when Ashley took the club over because I thought he would run it in a better way than Shepherd - has he done that ? In my opinion, NO ; he has appointed people who have PROVED to be just as bad if not worse...ask most fans about Llambias as Chairman, or Wise as DOF , OR the fact that Ashley swanned off to the USA when the KK problem blew up instead of sorting it out....

I am NOT in favour of unchecked spending on players or signing trophy-type players to keep the masses happy, but I most definitely AM in favour of people being allowed to do the job they were asked to do, and again, in MY OPINION , KK was NOT allowed to do the job..

I have no special brief for KK because I know he has a short fuse and can be hasty, BUT - in this case he was right and both Fergie & Wenger agreed with him.

This incident is at the root of all the club's current problems - you can pass over it if you want, but making trite comments about the 'anti-Ashley brigade' will not alter the facts...

'By their actions shall you judge them', and Ashley wasted 100m on a gamble with Bradford & Bingley - money which could have been used to strengthen the side ; even if HALF of it had been available, everyone, including you, would have been jumping for joy....

well said............the last bit especially, is what I'm asking them ref my Keegan question, nobody is answering, because they know it is precisely what they would be doing.

It won't though because in your head everyone but you thinks:

The old board were a bunch of cunts, never did anything right and never brought relative success to the club.

Ashley is the saviour and can do no wrong, he is going to get us challenging for the league again within a couple of years.

There is no grey area for you, it is simply black and white. If people claim the old board weren't faultless then they must be Ashley fanboys. You have spent soo long defending Shepherd and co you can't stop. You are so im the mindset its you vs everyone else you refuse to believe/ignore what you are reading on the forum.

Fact is most people think the old board did well for a period of time, they did make some big mistakes and there were worries about where we were heading financially.

Most people think Ashley has fucked up big time, most people believe he is the devil, he has had too many chances and there is no fixing it now. Some believe he has fucked up but can see what he is trying to do, the are willing (hoping) to give him a chance as realistically that is all they can do, he has tried to sell the club but no-one wants to buy so what can we do? Protests are pointless now imo as he isn't going to give the club away.

Your post did sum up everything you believe though. If we get relegated you won't be proved right because no-one has actually said what you claim they have.

Anyway, have fun arguing this for another year. As said, this will never be resolved so I look forward to your contribution to the forum in 2009 being exactly the same as 2008, 2007 and 2006.

It won't though because in your head everyone but you thinks:

The old board were a bunch of cunts, never did anything right and never brought relative success to the club.

Ashley is the saviour and can do no wrong, he is going to get us challenging for the league again within a couple of years.

There is no grey area for you, it is simply black and white. If people claim the old board weren't faultless then they must be Ashley fanboys. You have spent soo long defending Shepherd and co you can't stop. You are so im the mindset its you vs everyone else you refuse to believe/ignore what you are reading on the forum.

Fact is most people think the old board did well for a period of time, they did make some big mistakes and there were worries about where we were heading financially.

Most people think Ashley has fucked up big time, most people believe he is the devil, he has had too many chances and there is no fixing it now. Some believe he has fucked up but can see what he is trying to do, the are willing (hoping) to give him a chance as realistically that is all they can do, he has tried to sell the club but no-one wants to buy so what can we do? Protests are pointless now imo as he isn't going to give the club away.

Your post did sum up everything you believe though. If we get relegated you won't be proved right because no-one has actually said what you claim they have.

Anyway, have fun arguing this for another year. As said, this will never be resolved so I look forward to your contribution to the forum in 2009 being exactly the same as 2008, 2007 and 2006.

:clap: