Not sure if this has been posted but...

Heron

The last protests achieved alot did'nt they.

The lack of protests since Hull achieved a lot didn't they.

Good job everyone laid off Ashley even when he tried to provoke a reaction by turning up at games again, otherwise he might not have brought in a top class manager or significantly strengthened the squad in January.

When & where's the Ashley appreciation rally for the majority of supporters btw?

I don't want Ashley at the club, and i doubt the majority do. Protests however have proven to achieve nothing good and simply have a negative effect on the team.

The last protests achieved alot did'nt they.

The lack of protests since Hull achieved a lot didn't they.

Good job everyone laid off Ashley even when he tried to provoke a reaction by turning up at games again, otherwise he might not have brought in a top class manager or significantly strengthened the squad in January.

When & where's the Ashley appreciation rally for the majority of supporters btw?

People in this thread seem more bothered about focussing their efforts on supporting the team at an important stage of the season than supporting Ashley. Don't let that stop you though O0

In case you didn't realise, the rally is being held before a game and will be full of people actually going to support the team. Don't let that stop people calling them twats though O0

No it's not:

....allowing fans who are going to the game to take part as well as those who are boycotting.

So they are welcoming people who have absolutely no intention of supporting the team.  As long as you hate Ashley you're welcome and, as everyone else is pointing out, the anti-Ashley protesting helps nobody at this time.

They should wait until the end of this season, then they can spend the rest of their vacation camping outside St James Park for all i care.

but for now they should just shut up and stop getting negative journalists writing even more s*** about the club and putting more pressure on the players.

Tha's exactly what I think, if we go down I hold 2 entities responsible and tbh it's a 50/50 split,  NUSC and Ashley.  If it wasn't for all those gay protests, Ashley wouldn't have put the club up for sale and we may have attracted a half decent manager.  Now the clubs not for sale anyway and that won't change, Ashley's pissed of so won't give any money and we've got a bloke who got fired from a Championship club who could drop dead at any minute.  Good work NUSC.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK ASHLEY IS GOING TO f***ing LOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS SELLING THE f***ing CLUB DURING A f***ing RECESSION WHEN HE CAN WAIT 2 b****** YEARS AND PROBABLY GET WHAT EVER THE f*** WANTS FOR IT.

EDIT: GET BEHIND THE CLUB AND SHUT THE f*** UP UNTIL THE SUMMER

You cant hold NUSC responsible if the club goes down?

;D ;D ;D ;D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Crazy talk.

Yes I can, I can do whatever the hell I like, NUSC do.

mate, I'm all for leaving it until the end of the season but its not NUSCs fault that the club is in the state it finds itself in and i some how dont think they do what the hell they like.

Why dont you go to a meeting and ask them to leave it til the end of the season, thats why they hve the open meetings.

I will next time, it just really annoys me, do they think this is the right time to launch a protest, it's not like the players won't find out about it.  We need to support the team and ignore the ownership for the time being,  I went a bit over the top before but I'm bloody angry when I back the team to the hilt irrespective of whats going on and then these come along and ruin other peoples efforts.  Instead of having banners saying cockney mafia out etc why not have a banner supporting the players and instead of chanting Ashley out etc shout for the team.  We used to have the best support in the land and now we are a joke fo a fanbase.

Mate, like I said, it should be left to the end of the season so people can protest as much as they want and it wont hve an effect on results.

But NUSC cant be blamed for the clubs current state.

The original backlash protests weren't organised by NUSC though, they just happened organically. NUSC set themselves up after that to be a focal point for getting Ashley out.

And he agreed to leave, but no-one wants to buy the club, he would have sold it if they did, whats the point in telling him to do something he can't possibly do.  I forgot they were formed after that which is a fair point and yes they probably can't be blamed if we go down but it does impact on the players when they know the fans aren't happy so they'll feel under more pressure and make more mistakes.

The original backlash protests weren't organised by NUSC though, they just happened organically. NUSC set themselves up after that to be a focal point for getting Ashley out.

And he agreed to leave, but no-one wants to buy the club, he would have sold it if they did, whats the point in telling him to do something he can't possibly do.  I forgot they were formed after that which is a fair point and yes they probably can't be blamed if we go down but it does impact on the players when they know the fans aren't happy so they'll feel under more pressure and make more mistakes.

yes, it does and creates a bad atmosphere in the ground.  Lets get safe first before another protest.

I completely agree with you, I've said loads of times that I dislike NUSC and their current protests are completely futile and at worst harmful.

Just saying they didn't organise the protests that erupted immediately after KK walked.

I completely agree with you, I've said loads of times that I dislike NUSC and their current protests are completely futile and at worst harmful.

Just saying they didn't organise the protests that erupted immediately after KK walked.

Yes, I accept that now.  I wish I'd gone to that bloody meeting now, was this mentioned at the meeting?

Amazes me all this.  We're in a relegation battle so lets create more turmoil..  Our finances are crap so lets boycott club merchandise and tickets so our losses increase even further.  Maybe this time Ashley won't be able to afford to keep it solvent and we'll go into administration, wouldn't that be nice.

A Sunderland supporters movement couldn't have planned it better !

Our detractors around the country and in the press will just LOVE this rally.

Yes, I accept that now.  I wish I'd gone to that bloody meeting now, was this mentioned at the meeting?

There's an MP3 of the whole thing somewhere in another thread.

I listened to the whole thing, got the impression that very few people who held our point of view spoke up, and those that did (argue against protests) were 'listened to' then ignored and the protest was arranged anyway.

The whole premise of NUSC is wrong, it fundamentally doesn't allow or enable any other viewpoint.

There's an MP3 of the whole thing somewhere in another thread.

I listened to the whole thing, got the impression that very few people who held our point of view spoke up, and those that did (argue against protests) were 'listened to' then ignored and the protest was arranged anyway.

The whole premise of NUSC is wrong, it fundamentally doesn't allow or enable any other viewpoint.

Lets create our own group then, but the sensible people know that whatever you say or do makes little difference, so it would never take off.

Lets create our own group then, but the sensible people know that whatever you say or do makes little difference, so it would never take off.

It's a shame all you sensible people can't even decide whether protests are ineffectual or are to blame for everything wrong with the club.

Guest neesy111

i bet that if those protest's before and during the hull game did not happen, we would likely to have won the match and our season could of been very different

It's a shame all you sensible people can't even decide whether protests are ineffectual or are to blame for everything wrong with the club.

So you think its a good idea to protest about something that can't happen.  The protests aren't ineffectual in the way NUSC do them, they help us to drop points.  Like Neesy said, we may have won the Hull game if it wasn't for that and not buying club merchandise is retarded, you want Ashley to spend money on players, why would he do that when you won't spend money on the club to benefit the club.  Even if everyone in the ground bought 1 pint everygame thats 200-300K in revenue, if you took that away over the course of the season it costs the club (not just Ashley as the club makes a loss every year anyway) you would cost the club 3.8-5.7M and thats just league games. 

If you want to affect Ashley go and get all NUSC members together and short sell massively on his businesses causing panic in the market leading to a massive reduction in share prices effectively making his assets other than NUFC worth sod all.  You'd need alot of money to do this but I'm sure if you ove the club as much as you claim you could.

So you think its a good idea to protest about something that can't happen.  The protests aren't ineffectual in the way NUSC do them, they help us to drop points.  Like Neesy said, we may have won the Hull game if it wasn't for that and not buying club merchandise is retarded, you want Ashley to spend money on players, why would he do that when you won't spend money on the club to benefit the club.  Even if everyone in the ground bought 1 pint everygame thats 200-300K in revenue, if you took that away over the course of the season it costs the club (not just Ashley as the club makes a loss every year anyway) you would cost the club 3.8-5.7M and thats just league games. 

If you want to affect Ashley go and get all NUSC members together and short sell massively on his businesses causing panic in the market leading to a massive reduction in share prices effectively making his assets other than NUFC worth sod all.  You'd need alot of money to do this but I'm sure if you ove the club as much as you claim you could.

They could use that money that bloke was getting together to buy the club. Was it £1,000 or £10,000 each I can't remember.

Guest Howaythetoon

They can still rally and yet support the team at the same time for f*** sake. That said, I'm now of the opinion that all protests of such a nature need to be shelved until the season is over. In the meantime, use the time to draw up some proper and intelligent response to the mismanagement of our club, perhaps along the lines of communication rather than raised arms. The club whether you like it or not or agree with it have extended a hand of some sorts with today's statement/answers from the Managing Director and I think if anything, those unhappy among us need to respond back in a similar way. I think the powers that be are now aware (or should be) that we are not happy and continuing to showcase this won't do any good. I'd personally rather put my own efforts and energy into something more constructive, more tangible than a rally. We also have to be realistic here, numbers will more than likely be small and any impact will be reflected by that. Use the time to sort out the structure of NUSC and membership, to target more new members and to build membership up because Ashley is here to stay until at least the end of the season, protests or no protests, and nothing we can do will change that. Just my thoughts anyway.