NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really think NUSC have screwed up big time, if they actually listened to people they may have become quite a powerful organisation, but because they just ignore whatever the majority say and a select few make these decisions they will never be big enough to have any impact other than affecting the teams performances and making us look like grade a discotwats.

I didn't like NUSC's views at first and I still think some of them are unrealistic, but I have to say that after listening to the mp3 of the gathering and talking to a guy that attended it, I'm inclined to support them.. not completely, because I don't have a chance to attend the meetings, but I'm 100% behind the idea to establish a supporters' club, which represents the interest of the fans. I'm not comfortable being represented in the media by Frank Gilmore (is this a real person?), the chairman of the Fans' Association (that nobody has never heard of).

From what I gathered, the people who attended the last meeting are normal people from all different cliches of life, people who've payed for ST for years and people who care for the club, not some power-hungry 'boycoutt' mongs.. and I think we as fans have the right to demand more objectivity and transparency from the people who are responsible to run our club.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Up to 5,000 fans have drifted away from the club this season and unless the current mob "running" the club  do something positive to improve the situation very soon another 5,000 will vote with their feet next season.

Up to 5,000 fans have drifted away from the club this season and unless the current mob "running" the club  do something positive to improve the situation very soon another 5,000 will vote with their feet next season.

Granted some people have stayed away to protest against the "cockney mafia" thing.  BUT it's really missing the point to blame a fall in attendance on that reason alone. Business everywhere is down and that includes football - it's more about the economic climate than anything else.

Clubs with seemingly happy supporters have lost just as many, if not more, fans this season - look at what they did down the road recently.  Niall Quinn is a great blarney merchant but thuth is what he dressed up as a grand gesture was nothing more than a panic move as he watches his attendances steadily decreasing.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Granted some people have stayed away to protest against the "cockney mafia" thing.  BUT it's really missing the point to blame a fall in attendance on that reason alone. Business everywhere is down and that includes football - it's more about the economic climate than anything else.

Clubs with seemingly happy supporters have lost just as many, if not more, fans this season - look at what they did down the road recently.  Niall Quinn is a great blarney merchant but thuth is what he dressed up as a grand gesture was nothing more than a panic move as he watches his attendances steadily decreasing.

There are seven of us who have season tickets and have had them for a lot of years and were supporters before the ground went all-seat.

3 have said we will NOT renew as long as the current set up remains (Wise included).

I am not saying this is reflected amongst all fans obviously, but when fans like this are turning their backs on the club it says nothing for the way the club is run.

Loyalty is like an elastic band - stretch it too far and it will snap ..........

There are seven of us who have season tickets and have had them for a lot of years and were supporters before the ground went all-seat.

3 have said we will NOT renew as long as the current set up remains (Wise included).

I am not saying this is reflected amongst all fans obviously, but when fans like this are turning their backs on the club it says nothing for the way the club is run.

Loyalty is like an elastic band - stretch it too far and it will snap ..........

To be honest I believe these would be the same fans who were not at the ground in the bad old days and who will return to the ground when we play well again. What goes around comes around.

To be honest I believe these would be the same fans who were not at the ground in the bad old days and who will return to the ground when we play well again. What goes around comes around.

I wasn't critising the fans there by the way just saying fans come and go that was al.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Wrong, some of these were people who were there when there was only 14,000 in the ground, pre Hall/Keegan and pre premiership.

When you lose fans like these you are losing hardcore suporters. 

Wrong, some of these were people who were there when there was only 14,000 in the ground, pre Hall/Keegan and pre premiership.

Then they surely must know things have been much worse than they are now ??

Guest thenorthumbrian

Of course things have been worse, that doesn't mean people have to be compliant and docile when things are going wrong now.

Of course things have been worse, that doesn't mean people have to be compliant and docile when things are going wrong now.

I just couldn't think of giving up going to the games at the minute. It just isn't that bad yet and I can see things getting better.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I just couldn't think of giving up going to the games at the minute. It just isn't that bad yet and I can see things getting better.

There was a time when I though that as well.

And I wish I shared your optimism.

Got this off there website and imho they just dont seem very competent and as well organized as i thought they would be and i will highlight the part i found most interesting and why have they not explained why there is a joining fee as in my mind thats just as bad as the current boards communication breakdown .

Response to Derek Llambias interview

The NUSC has read and digested with interest the comments made by Derek Llambias in today’s Evening Chronicle.

In the interests of clarity we would like to address his comments regarding the NUSC and its relationship with the club.

“We're in dialogue with them. We have a monthly meeting and we need to get the record straight – we are in dialogue with NUSC”

NUSC has on several occasions now written directly to key figures at the club, including Derek Llambias requesting a formal meeting with the club hierarchy and urging them to communicate with their paying customers. Every single one has been ignored barring a brief acknowledgement by the club’s press officer that they had been received.

There has been no dialogue between NUSC and anyone in any position of authority at NUFC.

“We have a monthly supporter meeting where a reasonably representative group of people who represent our fans tell us what for. They have been invited to be part of that forum so there are four or five of them coming along. It’s not true that we have blanked them”

As one of our committee members is also a member of this group, NUSC, in its continued attempts to achieve dialogue with the club, politely enquired if it could send a small representation to join their most recent meeting. This was an attempt to address independent supporter concerns that had been raised with us, i.e. problems with stewarding in the Leazes corner.

To clarify NUSC invited itself to this meeting to address concerns other than those stemming from the running of the club. As a result of this positive dialogue it was agreed that a select number of NUSC representatives could attend these meetings in the future.

“Their initial approach was not in the correct tone. They are a small group and they are charging a subscription fee which was a bit strange to us”

We're slightly unsure of what tone Mr Llambias expected fans to take given the utter destruction his administration wrought upon this club in the early season.

However we must state that our approach in writing to the club directly and in attempting direct communication has always been professional and organised.

[glow=red,2,300]As for his comment that he finds it strange that we charge a “subscription fee”. Is this coming from the same club that introduced a “membership” scheme that provides little more benefits than being a season ticket holder used to?[/glow]

"They are a small group and given more credence than they deserve"

The NUSC are a professionally organised and structured supporters group with a daily growing membership of die hard Newcastle United fans. Every single Newcastle fan deserves credence on their own. The NUSC are a credible collective voice for its members.

“They are welcome to come along to our forums. That’s fine, they are coming on February 12 and there will be four or five of them”.

This indeed appeared to be “a fact”. However within an hour of the interview going to print the club had emailed us to tell us that Derek was now unable to make the meeting and that as a result the meeting was "postponed". We hope that Derek can find the time to honour his comments soon.

“We don’t want to talk about Kevin Keegan, which is an issue they will insist on talking about. Unfortunately, that’s not what the tone is.”

Unfortunately this statement, above all, demonstrates how out of touch Derek Llambias and the entire Mike Ashley regime are with what it is fans are asking for.

Kevin Keegan, although forever a legend at this club, is past history. Our rather more pressing concern is to establish how Mike Ashley intends to “drive the club forward” and reinforce how the fans of NUFC can and need to be a significant part of it, going forward.

These (and others) are the serious questions we would like answers to, Mr Llambias. We look forward to hearing them from you in person whenever your schedule allows.

We hope "the tone" of this response meets with your acceptance.

Got my answer to the membership question and tbh not worth the money .

Membership

Aside from becoming an official member of the fastest growing NUFC supporters club in the country you will automatically receive the following with your NUSC membership pack:

Membership card - your official membership details on some handy plastic

Car Sticker - Display your commitment to the cause while travelling.

Keyring - Its a ring...for keys.

Badge - A dapper looking NUSC badge for your christmas jumper.

In addition your membership buys you the following:

VOTING RIGHTS - YOU decide how YOUR supporter's club is run

FREE ENTRY TO PUBLIC MEETINGS - Just show your membership card at the door

REGULAR E-NEWSLETTER - Regular updates on what's going on

ENTRY TO FUTURE SOCIAL EVENTS - Player Talk-ins, social nights and much much more are planned for the future and only for members.

DON'T DELAY, JOIN TODAY!

Membership costs £10 per annum (or £5 if you are over Pension age, under 18, disabled, a student or unemployed) and can be purchased online via the Paypal buttons below.

(please note: you do not need a Paypal account to use these).

Why would they talk to them when they plan protests against them.  I'm starting to side more with Ashley and Llambias tbh, these bunch of jokers make us look like pricks,  fi they did it in the right way (listening to what other fans sa) I'd support them and if a protest was needed I would join in.  T

hey are so far up there own arse its untrue, one of them tried to give me a flyer at a game and I said was aware of them but wasn't interested, then about 4 others came over and started giving me abuse calling me a mackem and said I wasn't fit to wear the shirt and that people like me shouldn't be allowed in to watch the matches.  This is one of the reasons I hate the idiots so much, in retrospect I should have decked them all but was in a rush.

Got my answer to the membership question and tbh not worth the money .

Membership

Aside from becoming an official member of the fastest growing NUFC supporters club in the country you will automatically receive the following with your NUSC membership pack:

Membership card - your official membership details on some handy plastic

Car Sticker - Display your commitment to the cause while travelling.

Keyring - Its a ring...for keys.

Badge - A dapper looking NUSC badge for your christmas jumper.

In addition your membership buys you the following:

VOTING RIGHTS - YOU decide how YOUR supporter's club is run

FREE ENTRY TO PUBLIC MEETINGS - Just show your membership card at the door

REGULAR E-NEWSLETTER - Regular updates on what's going on

ENTRY TO FUTURE SOCIAL EVENTS - Player Talk-ins, social nights and much much more are planned for the future and only for members.

DON'T DELAY, JOIN TODAY!

Membership costs £10 per annum (or £5 if you are over Pension age, under 18, disabled, a student or unemployed) and can be purchased online via the Paypal buttons below.

(please note: you do not need a Paypal account to use these).

Yeah the accounts are hardly wide open for everyone to know what happens to them. £10 basically gets your a keyring, sticker, badge, membership card and paper when you have to vote. Hardly £10s worth there so where is the money ?

Why would they talk to them when they plan protests against them.  I'm starting to side more with Ashley and Llambias tbh, these bunch of jokers make us look like pricks,  fi they did it in the right way (listening to what other fans sa) I'd support them and if a protest was needed I would join in.  T

hey are so far up there own arse its untrue, one of them tried to give me a flyer at a game and I said was aware of them but wasn't interested, then about 4 others came over and started giving me abuse calling me a mackem and said I wasn't fit to wear the shirt and that people like me shouldn't be allowed in to watch the matches.  This is one of the reasons I hate the idiots so much, in retrospect I should have decked them all but was in a rush.

Maybe they are really a support group as they appear to be turning people into liking and supporting the board so much more lol

Guest thenorthumbrian

They do listen to fans thats why they have public meetings to which everyone is invited.

The last part of your post seems a bit far fetched.   

Guest thenorthumbrian

Maybe they are really a support group as they appear to be turning people into liking and supporting the board so much more lol

So much that they are staying away from the ground ?

They do listen to fans thats why they have public meetings to which everyone is invited.

The last part of your post seems a bit far fetched.   

I know I heard it, from the one or two people who suggested better ideas they were basically ignored and the usual rose to the top. Maybe a forum is necessary to communicate better the ideas ?

So much that they are staying away from the ground ?

We still have 41,000 season ticket holders the only people who as present aren't there are the fans who can pick and choose tickets on general sale. How many will this drop by come the summer ? I have no idea and neither do you.