NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why would they talk to them when they plan protests against them.  I'm starting to side more with Ashley and Llambias tbh, these bunch of jokers make us look like pricks,  fi they did it in the right way (listening to what other fans sa) I'd support them and if a protest was needed I would join in.  T

hey are so far up there own arse its untrue, one of them tried to give me a flyer at a game and I said was aware of them but wasn't interested, then about 4 others came over and started giving me abuse calling me a mackem and said I wasn't fit to wear the shirt and that people like me shouldn't be allowed in to watch the matches.  This is one of the reasons I hate the idiots so much, in retrospect I should have decked them all but was in a rush.

They do listen to fans thats why they have public meetings to which everyone is invited.

The last part of your post seems a bit far fetched.   

Well its not they are a bunch of twats.  I know someone else who they offered one to and he said no and they said something like not a toon fan eh?

Guest thenorthumbrian

Why would they talk to them when they plan protests against them.  I'm starting to side more with Ashley and Llambias tbh, these bunch of jokers make us look like pricks,  fi they did it in the right way (listening to what other fans sa) I'd support them and if a protest was needed I would join in.  T

hey are so far up there own arse its untrue, one of them tried to give me a flyer at a game and I said was aware of them but wasn't interested, then about 4 others came over and started giving me abuse calling me a mackem and said I wasn't fit to wear the shirt and that people like me shouldn't be allowed in to watch the matches.  This is one of the reasons I hate the idiots so much, in retrospect I should have decked them all but was in a rush.

They do listen to fans thats why they have public meetings to which everyone is invited.

Well its not they are a bunch of twats.  I know someone else who they offered one to and he said no and they said something like not a toon fan eh?

You seem to be easily offended for someone calling a group of people a bunch of twats. 

Guest thenorthumbrian

Maybe they are really a support group as they appear to be turning people into liking and supporting the board so much more lol

So much that they are staying away from the ground ?

We still have 41,000 season ticket holders the only people who as present aren't there are the fans who can pick and choose tickets on general sale. How many will this drop by come the summer ? I have no idea and neither do you.

True, but it doesn't look good when people are voting with their feet already.

The 41,000 season tickets were bought prior to the Keegan problems and protests.

You're correct to say I don't know by how many don't renew but I bet there is a marked decline in season ticket sales. 

Maybe they are really a support group as they appear to be turning people into liking and supporting the board so much more lol

So much that they are staying away from the ground ?

We still have 41,000 season ticket holders the only people who as present aren't there are the fans who can pick and choose tickets on general sale. How many will this drop by come the summer ? I have no idea and neither do you.

True, but it doesn't look good when people are voting with their feet already.

The 41,000 season tickets were bought prior to the Keegan problems and protests.

You're correct to say I don't know by how many don't renew but I bet there is a marked decline in season ticket sales. 

We'll have to just wait and see though anything can happen between now and then and that's the best way to protest if your not happy don't buy a ticket.

Guest toonlass

From listening to the meeting they seemed to pooh-pooh any comments that did not fit in with their own agenda of chasing Ashley out of toon. They are meant to be a supporters group, therefore they should be representing the view of the supporters and not just following their own agenda blindly. I can see that they have helped the two lads at the boro who were arrested for "alleged racist" chants, and that they seem to be interested in the problems there were with the stewards. BUT it is clear that first and foremost on their agenda is getting Ashley out of toon, rather than representing the fans. They are alienating a lot of the fans by continuing with this single issue of Ashley Out!

Guest Brummiemag

Agree totally with the idea of an independent supporters club and mostly support the aims of NUSC which is why Ive joined.

Well done to the people involved in setting up and running NUSC.

When will some people realise and what more will it take for them to realise that Mike Ashley has not got the best interests of our club at heart

When will some people realise and what more will it take for them to realise that Mike Ashley has not got the best interests of our club at heart

When you explain how this can possibly be the case when he's put over £250m of his own money into the club ?

You seem to be easily offended for someone calling a group of people a bunch of twats. 

I wasn't offended really, I just thought what the hell are they on about then became slightly angry, are you in NUSC?

Guest toonlass

Agree totally with the idea of an independent supporters club and mostly support the aims of NUSC which is why Ive joined.

Why does Mike Ashley not have the best interests of our club at heart? Can you explain that? When he is putting in his own money, yes its a loan but at 0%, and Shepherd put in a loan at 11%. What makes Ashley the demon that he has been painted as, apart from Keegan walking out?

And no I am not an Ashley apologist or supporter, but the "Ashley couldn't give a toss" line is starting to wear thin with me.

Why does Mike Ashley not have the best interests of our club at heart? Can you explain that? When he is putting in his own money, yes its a loan but at 0%, and Shepherd put in a loan at 11%. What makes Ashley the demon that he has been painted as, apart from Keegan walking out?

And no I am not an Ashley apologist or supporter, but the "Ashley couldn't give a toss" line is starting to wear thin with me.

It's just people making assumptions and twisting stuff to suit their own beliefs and agendas when they can't actually prove it.

It's just people making assumptions and twisting stuff to suit their own beliefs and agendas when they can't actually prove it.

I don't think everyone is no. Alot of what has been quoted in terms of numbers if nothing else have all be released and are fact.

I'm curious to the 'fastest growing NUFC supporters club' line.

How would this be calculated? in % terms or absolute numbers.

800 official members is it? (correct me if I'm wrong but that number is in my head)

so 800 additional members or 1000000000000000000000000000%+ growth depending on how you look at it.

I hope its absolute numbers, or they are as guilty as Llambarse at using true but ambiguous numbers/statements

I've been honest about my views on the current NUSC I believe the majority of those fans are in the group because they want Ashley out. I believe if Ashley spent a small fortune in the summer on buying "big name players" like FS did then they would all settle down and be happy again. This however would not solve any of the problems at the club and I hope now that Ashley is using this business plan and sorting the club out correctly. I still think a NUSC is needed and must have direct access to the board and people able to have their say. The current NUSC is not that group though.

800 official members is it? (correct me if I'm wrong but that number is in my head)

so 800 additional members or 1000000000000000000000000000%+ growth depending on how you look at it.

I hope its absolute numbers, or they are as guilty as Llambarse at using true but ambiguous numbers/statements

They've also been citing 6,000 people who've expressed an interest in joining. This is entirely disingenuous, as it includes people like me who clicked a button to find out what the deal was, and then decided they wanted nothing to do with it.

Naturally, the fact that they're using me in statistics angled to ramp up their supposed legitimacy as a representative organisation does little to alleviate my feeling that they're a bunch of wankers.

They've also been citing 6,000 people who've expressed an interest in joining. This is entirely disingenuous, as it includes people like me who clicked a button to find out what the deal was, and then decided they wanted nothing to do with it.

Naturally, the fact that they're using me in statistics angled to ramp up their supposed legitimacy as a representative organisation does little to alleviate my feeling that they're a bunch of wankers.

Lies, damn lies and statistics!

yeah that was my thinking

I don't know man.. I'm far away from things and it's hard for me to form an opinion one way or the other. I just feel that it's strange how nobody's happy with the way the club's being run, yet there's absolutely no sympathy for the people who are actually trying to do something about it.

yet there's absolutely no sympathy for the people who are actually trying to do something about it.

There's plenty of it going around. Most people support the idea of the supporter's club, they just think this particular one are going about it in the wrong way.

yet there's absolutely no sympathy for the people who are actually trying to do something about it.

There's plenty of it going around. Most people support the idea of the supporter's club, they just think this particular one are going about it in the wrong way.

And are clearly happier sitting at their computers slagging them off than being arsed enough to actually attend and make themselves heard.

And are happy sitting at their computers slagging them off but not arsed enough to actually attend and make themselves heard.

Not that old chestnut. Yeah, I don't like them, I'm not about to go spend money I don't have on a trip up to Newcastle to attend some meeting to say I'm not totally for some of the things they are doing and saying. I'm not that fussed about them.

Exactly what power do they hold in actuality? If they actually had more of an impact I'm sure their doubters would be more vocal.

And are happy sitting at their computers slagging them off but not arsed enough to actually attend and make themselves heard.

Not that old chestnut. Yeah, I don't like them, I'm not about to go spend money I don't have on a trip up to Newcastle to attend some meeting to say I'm not totally for some of the things they are doing and saying. I'm not that fussed about them.

Brilliant example of what I meant, thanks. :thup: