Shepwatch II

Thespence

:lol: @ the last suggestion

where exactly is La Sagesse? can't say I've ever noticed it around here.

As for the Osborne Garage, it needs something doing with it but the JRA, backed by the owner of Osbornes, are vehemently opposed to any more bars & restaurants.

They managed to force Bar Bacca to close, which was a shame as it was one of the better bars on the strip.

By where Matthew Bank meets Jesmond Dene Road, on the Jesmond side. The street where Shepherd lives (Bemersyde Drive) runs along the southern boundary of the grounds.

I used to do a paper round in that area. Bemersyde Drive was the worst street of the lot, all these really long garden paths you had to traipse up and down.

doesnt freddy live on jesmond park east/west

Obviously, I thought he lived on Bemersyde, but of course I could be wrong,

you are.

This time Shepwatch has found that young Kenny has been given a FIFA agents licence.

Kenny Shepherd, son of former Newcastle chairman Freddy and a man whose evidence to the Quest inquiry into alleged corruption in football was criticised by former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord Stevens, has been given a FIFA agents licence.

Having performed a still-unclear role in some deals at his fathers former club while he did not hold a licence, Shepherd junior can now legitimately work in England - thanks to the Barbados Football Association.

In Quests final report in June 2007, Lord Stevens said there were inconsistencies between the evidence of Shepherd and former manager Graeme Souness about

Jean-Alain Boumsongs £8million move from Rangers to Newcastle, one of 17 transfers Lord Stevens refused to sign off.

Now Shepherd has gained his FIFA licence in Barbados, where he lives, and appears on the FAs list of registered overseas agents.

An FA spokesman said: Kenny Shepherd

obtained his licence overseas from the

Barbados Football Association in accordance with FIFA requirements. As such he is entitled to operate in England, provided he registers with the FA, which he has done.

Any questions regarding the testing of his fitness or propriety should be directed to  the national association of the country where he holds his licence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1165543/Ready-Freddy-Shepherds-boy-business-getting-FIFA-licence-Barbados.html

That sounds well shady :)

Have to say, from the sounds of things, Shepherd is attempting to make a positive regional impact which should be commended.

Completely agreed.

We need more like him, who spend (to make money) but improve the Newcastle area environment, as a successful looking place to live in (and to visit and invest-in from outside) etc.

WELL DONE.

Guest neesy111

This time Shepwatch has found that young Kenny has been given a FIFA agent’s licence.

Kenny Shepherd, son of former Newcastle chairman Freddy and a man whose evidence to the Quest inquiry into alleged corruption in football was criticised by former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord Stevens, has been given a FIFA agent’s licence.

Having performed a still-unclear role in some deals at his father’s former club while he did not hold a licence, Shepherd junior can now legitimately work in England - thanks to the Barbados Football Association.

In Quest’s final report in June 2007, Lord Stevens said there were ‘inconsistencies’ between the evidence of Shepherd and former manager Graeme Souness about

Jean-Alain Boumsong’s £8million move from Rangers to Newcastle, one of 17 transfers Lord Stevens refused to sign off.

Now Shepherd has gained his FIFA licence in Barbados, where he lives, and appears on the FA’s list of registered overseas agents.

An FA spokesman said: ‘Kenny Shepherd

Barbados Football Association in accordance with FIFA requirements. As such he is entitled to operate in England, provided he registers with the FA, which he has done.

‘Any questions regarding the testing of his fitness or propriety should be directed to  the national association of the country where he holds his licence.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1165543/Ready-Freddy-Shepherds-boy-business-getting-FIFA-licence-Barbados.html

isn't he the one who run's the proactive agency which last time i heard was that their office was in st james park

This time Shepwatch has found that young Kenny has been given a FIFA agent’s licence.

Kenny Shepherd, son of former Newcastle chairman Freddy and a man whose evidence to the Quest inquiry into alleged corruption in football was criticised by former Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lord Stevens, has been given a FIFA agent’s licence.

Having performed a still-unclear role in some deals at his father’s former club while he did not hold a licence, Shepherd junior can now legitimately work in England - thanks to the Barbados Football Association.

In Quest’s final report in June 2007, Lord Stevens said there were ‘inconsistencies’ between the evidence of Shepherd and former manager Graeme Souness about

Jean-Alain Boumsong’s £8million move from Rangers to Newcastle, one of 17 transfers Lord Stevens refused to sign off.

Now Shepherd has gained his FIFA licence in Barbados, where he lives, and appears on the FA’s list of registered overseas agents.

An FA spokesman said: ‘Kenny Shepherd

‘Any questions regarding the testing of his fitness or propriety should be directed to  the national association of the country where he holds his licence.’

isn't he the one who run's the proactive agency which last time i heard was that their office was in st james park

Shep Jnr did some work for Proactive & yes they had offices at SJP. I am sure Shep Jnr got this job with Proactive  on ability though.........................................elsewhere our bid for Wayne Rooney made MUFC bid & in the end buy him a year early according to Sir Bobby Charlton at the time, Wayne Rooney was a Proactive client O0

Proactive is run by Paul Stretford.

Guest Howaythetoon

Who also represented Dalglish, Sir Bobby, Jenas, Souness, Shearer and Owen in particular at one time or another.

Who also represented Dalglish, Sir Bobby, Jenas, Souness, Shearer and Owen in particular at one time or another.

I always thought Shearer & Owen were looked after by Jon Holmes.

I am sure Bob Murray got a bit worried at one point about the amount of players Reidy (Proactive shareholder) kept on signing who were Proactive clients.

As for the Osborne Garage, it needs something doing with it but the JRA, backed by the owner of Osbornes, are vehemently opposed to any more bars & restaurants.

They managed to force Bar Bacca to close, which was a shame as it was one of the better bars on the strip.

By where Matthew Bank meets Jesmond Dene Road, on the Jesmond side. The street where Shepherd lives (Bemersyde Drive) runs along the southern boundary of the grounds.

I used to do a paper round in that area. Bemersyde Drive was the worst street of the lot, all these really long garden paths you had to traipse up and down.

you are.

link?

you are.

link?

Which house on  Bemersyde?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=Bemersyde+drive+Newcastle&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=-hzRSfztOImrjAetztDeCQ&ll=54.99773,-1.603425&spn=0.005613,0.013819&z=16&iwloc=addr&layer=c&cbll=54.997131,-1.603127&panoid=xj4_AThlD9yGbpgXKhaGRQ&cbp=12,110.6986562176871,,0,5

Now I have worked out where Jesmond E & W is, I often see SOS 1 driving in & out of that estate.

you are.

link?

Which house on  Bemersyde?

Dunno. I read it somewhere. Or think I did.

It seems the scrap metal Shepherd lives on Jesmond Park West, so I think it's unlikely that the fat former football club chairman does too, or the article (which does mention the NUFC chairman) probably would have logged the coincidence.

Freddy, 69, has been retired now for nearly nine years and he and wife Sue, 55, have a property portfolio which includes some commercial and warehousing property, which keeps them busy.

Seeing is believing, though, when it comes to their stunning, highly-individual home.

It has all the feel of a 70s Bond movie film set – think smoked mirrors in the bathroom, its very own cocktail lounge, gigantic picture windows, and zebra and Bengal tiger skins in the lounge. Everything is on a grand scale and there’s a real feeling of opulence to the place. From its solid bronze tiled door and Brazilian rosewood panelling, to the 16ft wide window in the galleried lounge.

And that lounge is amazing. It has a double-height void and enormous Verner Panton Murano three-tier opal glass retro chandelier as well as a Starkie Gardner spiral staircase, leading to the gallery. And then there’s the sunken lounge with its ‘conversation pool’ leather seating area catering for 14 guests, and the cocktail lounge with leather wall panelling and wall that retracts to reveal the bar. Upstairs is a billiard room and Godfrey Bonsack bath suite, similar to the one featured in the Bond movie, Diamonds are Forever. Think smoked mirror glass and a gold-plated dolphin. The bathroom even has its own laundry chute!

It’s no surprise to hear TV people were filming here a week earlier for the new series of Wire in the Blood, when the house features in scenes as, wait for it, a brothel.

http://www.northeastexclusive.co.uk/property/article.aspx?id=183

It seems the scrap metal Shepherd lives on Jesmond Park West, so I think it's unlikely that the fat former football club chairman does too, or the article (which does mention the NUFC chairman) probably would have logged the coincidence.

Freddy, 69, has been retired now for nearly nine years and he and wife Sue, 55, have a property portfolio which includes some commercial and warehousing property, which keeps them busy.

Seeing is believing, though, when it comes to their stunning, highly-individual home.

It has all the feel of a 70s Bond movie film set – think smoked mirrors in the bathroom, its very own cocktail lounge, gigantic picture windows, and zebra and Bengal tiger skins in the lounge. Everything is on a grand scale and there’s a real feeling of opulence to the place. From its solid bronze tiled door and Brazilian rosewood panelling, to the 16ft wide window in the galleried lounge.

And that lounge is amazing. It has a double-height void and enormous Verner Panton Murano three-tier opal glass retro chandelier as well as a Starkie Gardner spiral staircase, leading to the gallery. And then there’s the sunken lounge with its ‘conversation pool’ leather seating area catering for 14 guests, and the cocktail lounge with leather wall panelling and wall that retracts to reveal the bar. Upstairs is a billiard room and Godfrey Bonsack bath suite, similar to the one featured in the Bond movie, Diamonds are Forever. Think smoked mirror glass and a gold-plated dolphin. The bathroom even has its own laundry chute!

It’s no surprise to hear TV people were filming here a week earlier for the new series of Wire in the Blood, when the house features in scenes as, wait for it, a brothel.

http://www.northeastexclusive.co.uk/property/article.aspx?id=183

:lol:

Did you even bother reading the article?

‘Freddy Scrap’ isn’t so well known as his full cousin ‘football Freddie’, but the pair do live on the same leafy street in Jesmond, Newcastle.

• 10 months later...

Noticed the Battler from Byker has been in a few papers of late:

Former NUFC chairman Freddy Shepherd backs RDAs

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2010/02/12/former-nufc-chairman-freddy-shepherd-backs-rdas-61634-25820143/

The ‘oligarch’ of the north-east

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7aef9994-1b2a-11df-953f-00144feab49a.html

Decent reads if you have the time & are from the North East.

From the FT article:

Freddy Shepherd in quotes

On football management

“You can’t run a football club like any other business. I used to drive up that carpark, take my business brain out and leave it on the seat. We were asked to do ridiculous things, paying players ridiculous wages, transfer fees, things which didn’t add up financially.”

On the economy

“We have always been in recession in Newcastle. We’ve always had to fight for everything. We’re used to it. Other parts of the country have had it too easy.”

On his secondary modern schooling

“I was head boy – only because we used to pick up the headmaster at the bus stop and give him a lift. But I was always good at maths.”

On his recent purchase of an office block in the middle of a proposed Newcastle redevelopment

“We bought it as a ransom strip.”

Nick Brown, north-east minister, local MP and family friend, on Freddy Shepherd

“He is very shrewd. Under a slightly gruff exterior there’s a very kind and decent man. He has a lot of common sense. He’s tough. It would be dangerous to underestimate him.”

Go on Freddy son. That garage has been an eyesore since I lived in Jesmond a few years ago, nice to see something done.

That Shepherd land is right behind my new gaff back home too, quite a hive of activity before I came back to university.

What's he doing with the land he's bought in Wallsend? Just more houses?

Think it's been shelved due to complaints from residents over the noise, etc. (not certain about this as I'm never home now).

It was going to be industry as far as I aware, not houses.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/safc/safc-news/2009/05/11/families-paying-the-price-for-tyne-s-recovery-61634-23590000/

Don't know the woman in the photo, but based on the view from her bedroom it appears she lives a couple of doors down from us.