U23s & Academy

Skirge

Whoever did Boro's scouting in Holland did a good job like. £15 million down the pan on two complete duds.

I think they got stung by Emnes though and are unlucky with both. Alves was a gamble, a quick check of his Wiki shows he's scored 14 in 11 for his new team. :lol:

Yeah, in the mighty league of Qatar.

These free-scoring players in the Dutch league feel so random. For every Van Nistelrooy or Van Basten you get an Alfonso Alves or your namesake.

Whoever did Boro's scouting in Holland did a good job like. £15 million down the pan on two complete duds.

I think they got stung by Emnes though and are unlucky with both. Alves was a gamble, a quick check of his Wiki shows he's scored 14 in 11 for his new team. :lol:

Emnes had played at all Dutch national levels, so on paper you'd think a good investment, if not a bit pricey. Much like Didier Digard tbh.

Aye looking at Alves' Wiki, looks like the original team he joined didn't think he was up to much (3 in 15) and now they've loaned him out to a team doing worse in the league and he's scored 14 in 11. Gutter.

At the end of the day though they were both risks that flopped badly, so whoever did the scouting/negotiating should get flak for it. Apparently they got £7 million back for Alves though, so that's not too bad.

Off work next week so I will trundle on up to Darsley to watch the 2nd string play the Boro at 2pm. Would imagine there will be a good splattering of 1st teamers watching the game with this kick off time.

I'm off work this week too, but didn't even know the game was on, as i've been ill all weekend. I didn't even have the energy to log on to my PC. The times i've stood freezing, watching the reserves and youth teams. It would have been nice to watch on such a glorious day, despite the result.

They've got another game on Wednesday although that one is back to a normal 7pm ko.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

yes friday with a 7pm ko, £3 entry, £1.50 kids and oaps

If you don't turn up, I'll post bad things about you on the interwebs!

Guest The Enforcer

Just seen the highlights of the first leg and looks like we were by far the more likely to win. Hopefully we keep that up on Friday then.

Looking forward to it.

Guest toonlass

Thought she was banned from the ressies. Poor buggers, bet they get all nervous when they see that group waiting! Reminds me of "Who framed Roger Rabbit" when Lena Hyena is chasing Bob Hoskins "A man!!!!!!!", lol.

Tonights team:

NUFC: Tim Krul, Darren Lough, Callum Morris, Ben Tozer, Shane Ferguson, Jonny Godsmark, Patrick McLaughlin, Ryan Donaldson ©, Joan Edmundsson, Frank Danquah, Wesley Ngo Baheng

Subs: Michael McCrudden, Max Johnson, Dan Taylor, Aaron Spear, Patrick Nzuzi

Where's Nile Ranger??

Was gan go to the game but then read this " Danielle Danny Guthrie Green  Reserves later with Siobhan Jls Johnson Stacey Wayne Routledge Lowe and Nicola Oliver  going to be a right laugh :) ♥ x"

I wonder if Nicola Brown feels left out because she doesn't have a middle name.

38min - NEWCASTLE GOAL (1-1): Frank Danquah floats a right-wing corner to the penalty spot where Callum Morris  climbs to direct a powerful, downward header back into the bottom corner leaving keeper Sam Slocombe no chance.

20min - SCUNTHORPE GOAL (0-1): Michael O'Connor takes advantage of a high United defensive line to race clear from halfway. The midfielder carries into the area before cooly slotting low beyond a helpless Tim Krul

Tonights team:

NUFC: Tim Krul, Darren Lough, Callum Morris, Ben Tozer, Shane Ferguson, Jonny Godsmark, Patrick McLaughlin, Ryan Donaldson ©, Joan Edmundsson, Frank Danquah, Wesley Ngo Baheng

Subs: Michael McCrudden, Max Johnson, Dan Taylor, Aaron Spear, Patrick Nzuzi

Where's Nile Ranger??

I have a feeling Ranger has thrown his toys out of the pram anyway, since he was relegated from the 1st team squad.

Bet the Faroe Islands lad doesn't play the full game. I thought he was eligible for U18s, but I must have been wrong

how often has he played and hows he looked?

Nowt special when I saw him on Monday. The 2 XI are suffering with the best youngsters being kept back Youth Cup football.

just got back from the match tonight,  it was crap!  we were really poor but looked to have nicked it when Baheng scored with about 5 mins to go only for the team to totally switch off and let there centre half head home unmarked from a corner. 

First time i've seen the young lad from the faroes and he looked to be neat and tidy but needs to get stronger,  done great for the goal when slipping the ball through for Baheng.

Only thing that tonight proved is that the likes of Tozer, Donaldson, Godsmark, Lough,  Morris, McClaughlin and especially Danquah have no future at NUFC, none of them good enough to even play in the championship nevermind the premiership.