U23s & Academy

Skirge

then the next few are at the training ground which fans won't be able to watch. 

Have they knocked that on the head all together?

What's the reasoning behind that?  I always go to the games at SJP and used to go to Kingston Park but Whitley Park is difficult for me to get to.  Tonight's attendance shows that a decent number enjoy watching the reserves especially when they play as well as they did tonight so it is a pity when they play in the afternoons or behind closed doors.

That was a canny game - I missed the first goal

We played very well and were overall the better side - need to sort that final ball out

That free kick by Dummett was criminal and ultimately led to the Chelsea winner - don't know what he was thinking

Newton you could tell was playing out of position, struggled a bit and the chelsea left sided players had some pace - also with Vuckic playing ahead of him he didnt get the support he needed

Campbell put in some quality slide tackles BUT he still looked a bit off the pace

Kadar was solid, played well at left back and even when he moved into the middle

Vuckic struggled in the 1st half, should not play down the right BUT towards the end of the game he was looking quality - came close to scoring a stunning half volley, just going wide

Donaldson had a good game - missed his goal BUT he played well

McLaughlin was okay - seems to have a bit of quality about him BUT gave the ball away at daft times though and seems a little on the soft side

Ferguson was good, is quick and has some tricks, put in some decent crosses

Edmundson seems canny, has a good touch and some pace

Ranger played well BUT he needs to make decisions quicker at times, holds onto the ball too long - is a real handful and put the Chelsea defenders under lots of pressure

No idea but i'm not happy and my old man is fuming!  We've hardly missed a home reserve game for about ten seasons.  Playing in the afternoon at Whitley park is bad enough with people at work but there is a hardcore of about 25 old blokes(retired) who never miss the reserve games and have been going for years and i feel sorry for those as well.

Nobody knows why the decision has been made,  my guess is Biffa will probably find out and it'll be on .com

No idea but i'm not happy and my old man is fuming!  We've hardly missed a home reserve game for about ten seasons.   Playing in the afternoon at Whitley park is bad enough with people at work but there is a hardcore of about 25 old blokes(retired) who never miss the reserve games and have been going for years and i feel sorry for those as well.

Nobody knows why the decision has been made,  my guess is Biffa will probably find out and it'll be on .com

Has it been confirmed no one will be allowed in? .com says the club have yet to confirm either way.

we are due to play Villa next on Oct 5th and then Bolton but as the tannoy man said tonight,  the next date for your diary is the Man City home game at Whitley park ko 2pm.  Don't think there's been an official announcement but then the club don't speak to the fans... 

Interesting to see some of the younger players and a few good performances among them.  On tonights showing, Sol should be ready for the home game against WBA.

Chelsea included England U17 international Nathaniel Chalobah, who doesn't turn 16 until December 2010. In the week that he was born, Sol Campbell helped Spurs keep a clean sheet in the Premier League v Everton.... 

from .com.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Binnsy/Obi - Stone has a bit of banter about youth in the Sunday Sun, nowt ground breaking though.

Seems happy enough to chat during the U18 games, which he often attends too. Seems really vested in the development of Toon Youth  :thup:

Latest from Darsley Park:

From Nufc.com

Newcastle Res  5  mackem Res  2

With no reserve league game this week, a Tyne-wear derby match was organised at U20 level on Wednesday and played at United's Darsley Park training ground.

Paul Dummett opened the scoring for the home side, with Michael Richardson then heading home a free kick early in the second half to put Newcastle 2-1 ahead.

Some fine approach work from Sammy Ameobi then presented Phil Airey with the chance to make it 3-1, before the mackems again reduced the arrears.

Faroe Islander Joan Edmundsson then restored United's two goal cushion, shooting home via a deflection and Richardson got his second to make it 5-2.

If anyone's interested there's an hour-long review of the 2010 Man Utd Premier Cup on Sky Sports 2 starting at 6.30pm. Our U15s got to the knockout stages, had the top scorer and the player of the tournament.

Dave was that programme show much of our team our was it just focued on Man U, the brazilians and barca?

its repeated again tonight so might try and catch it when i get in from work.

We hardly featured - they showed a couple of goals by Adam Campbell, a very short interview with him (about 10 seconds) then showed us missing a pen against colo colo in the QF

anyone heard any team news for the reserve game tonight??  i'm hoping the likes of Simpson and Guthrie will be getting a runout,  give Campbell another 90 mins as well.

No to early for Guthrie & Simpson, Sol has a thigh strain