U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Would love some in depth info on the reserves this year if you don't mind Chris.  :thup:

Hopefully the club won't play the games behind closed doors like last season so people can watch the games.  When the reserve games aren't on i end up stuck in the house with the wife watching crappy soaps!   Much prefer freezing my bollocks off at Whitley Park....

Bad news, binnsy... most of them will be behind closed doors again. There is a guy you can email to request access, but its suppose to be if you're scouting. Nixon, I'll try and update as the season goes on, but I gave up last season writing huge reports as only a few people were reading them. Then later on in the season you'd see people trying to claim they knew the ins and outs of the Academy/Reserves on the basis of the write ups.  :lol:

I would read anything and everything posted on Reserves/Academy that you put together or anyone else did that was going to see a lot of the games. One of the most exciting parts of football is trying to spot talent coming through and the hope that comes with it. If we're ever going to become a serious football club again that finishes consistently in the top 6 I think youth developments will have loads to do with it. Cheers anyway for making the effort in the past

Guest Heneage

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Would love some in depth info on the reserves this year if you don't mind Chris.  :thup:

Hopefully the club won't play the games behind closed doors like last season so people can watch the games.  When the reserve games aren't on i end up stuck in the house with the wife watching crappy soaps!   Much prefer freezing my bollocks off at Whitley Park....

Bad news, binnsy... most of them will be behind closed doors again. There is a guy you can email to request access, but its suppose to be if you're scouting. Nixon, I'll try and update as the season goes on, but I gave up last season writing huge reports as only a few people were reading them. Then later on in the season you'd see people trying to claim they knew the ins and outs of the Academy/Reserves on the basis of the write ups.  :lol:

Nightmare. :lol:

On a side note I know you were toying with the idea of an 'NUFCYOUTH' blog/twitter. I'd really like that a lot. I think the coverage of the youngsters/second string is really minute which is a shame. Just a bit of in depth as oppose to 'player X scored twice'.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Hopefully the club won't play the games behind closed doors like last season so people can watch the games.  When the reserve games aren't on i end up stuck in the house with the wife watching crappy soaps!  Much prefer freezing my bollocks off at Whitley Park....

I was expecting that tbh,  no point me trying to email requesting access as the behind closed door games are during the day and i'm at work.  I know we have the mackems home & away this season, i hope they are going to be played at SJP and SoL.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Nightmare. :lol:

On a side note I know you were toying with the idea of an 'NUFCYOUTH' blog/twitter. I'd really like that a lot. I think the coverage of the youngsters/second string is really minute which is a shame. Just a bit of in depth as oppose to 'player X scored twice'.

I half started the blog, but realised I wouldn't have the time for the way I was doing it (far too detailed), it was basically a website in the end. Pictures and Profiles for each player. Geoff sort of started to take interest in the Reserves/Youths towards the end of the last season, and created a twitter account to post news and updates from the matches. Not sure if he's still doing that.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Watched an U18s (+Ole Soderberg) GK training session today.

Soderberg

Baird

Grant

Mitchell

Some fantastic agile saves being pulled out, lots of good banter too. Looked like a real fun session to be honest. Chris Terpcou saw I had been watching and talked to me afterwards.  :lol:

Guest Heneage

Seems like you're making real strides with Newcastle Chris, reckon you might end up there when you've finished learning?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Its on my career plan to work at the Academy! Few lads from the Foundation work for both Foundation and Academy shifts, so its not out of the question. Get a Long Term Player Development group, impress with that, and you can find yourself invited to be an assistant coach with one of the younger Academy sides. Would make my day if that happened, still a lot to learn and a lot of people to impress before that happens.

Just enjoying my time and gaining as much experience as possible and meeting a lot of good people, sometimes forget how far I've managed to come in 18 months.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

Real ITKs don't share their knowledge, as they actually enjoy their job!

Bit off topic, but seen a few of your articles pop in different places recently, Nixon. Looks like you've got a promising future too! Fancy a deal? We both make it, I'll give you interviews, if you write good stuff about me and my team?  :lol: You can write crap about TheGuv though.  :troll:

Guest Heneage

:lol:

Real ITKs don't share their knowledge, as they actually enjoy their job!

Bit off topic, but seen a few of your articles pop in different places recently, Nixon. Looks like you've got a promising future too! Fancy a deal? We both make it, I'll give you interviews, if you write good stuff about me and my team?  :lol: You can write crap about TheGuv though.  :troll:

Mate I'd love that haha.

I was actually wanting to do a blog/feature on a young coach trying to break into the game. The day to day life that sort of thing.I think there could be some interest in it if done properly.

Guest Heneage

Ah dang, good read though I've always admired coaching from afar but never really had the inclination to get into it as it's not stable enough for me in terms of work.

Do any of you guys know anyone who scouts? I know of a few blogger/journalists that do it on the side but they are all based abroad working for UK clubs.

Guest Heneage

I must admit, it would be interesting to read if somebody could do something as has been mentioned about writing a blog on the youth team.

If I lived closer I'd do it but I'd like it to encompass the reserves as well, unfortunately that seems unlikely with the new rules etc.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

U18 game tomorrow. Think I'll go along and have a watch.

Tue 19.07.2011 U18s v Hartlepool United (h) @ Little Benton, 1pm. Friendly.

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Hopefully the club won't play the games behind closed doors like last season so people can watch the games.  When the reserve games aren't on i end up stuck in the house with the wife watching crappy soaps!  Much prefer freezing my bollocks off at Whitley Park....

I was expecting that tbh,  no point me trying to email requesting access as the behind closed door games are during the day and i'm at work.  I know we have the mackems home & away this season, i hope they are going to be played at SJP and SoL.

just been looking at the fixtures for the reserves on .com and if they are right the games against West Brom, Norwich, Liverpool, Man U before xmas are down to be at Whitley Park, can see Man U switched to SJP and then after xmas the games against Sunderland, Chelsea and Arsenal are down for WP.  the remaining home games against Blackburn, Everton, Bolton and Wigan are at the training ground. 

i hope that stays as it is as the 7 games which will be "open to the public" will include 5 of the best games.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Hope so, but from what I remember that's how it started last season before several were moved to behind closed doors :(

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Just a pre-season friendly, so the standard wasn't amazing. I left half way through the 2nd half, the score was:

Newcastle 0 - 1 Hartlepool

Pool's goal came from a great crossfield diagonal ball behind our left back. They cut inside and shot, the ball was deflected past our keeper.

-------------------Mitchell---------------

-------------------------------------------

Nicholson--Streete--Storey--Toland

-------------------Sayer-----------------

-----------Miele---Campbell-----------

McGorrigan-----------------Maddison

------------------Ions-------------------

How highly do you rate this Moyo lad?

Never seen him play for us yet.