U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Reserve League changes next season anyway, becoming a 'development league', which is basically an U21 League. All part of the FA's plan to redevelop and rate the Academy Structures within England.

Who is your favourite player in the first team to watch?

Hatem Ben Arfa, he has unreal tekkers, he’s calm and composed on the ball and I love the way he dribbles.

:laugh:

Guest Heneage

More miss than hit.

On another note I see Pedro is quite impressed with Moyo maybe another one who might be on the fringes?

More miss than hit.

On another note I see Pedro is quite impressed with Moyo maybe another one who might be on the fringes?

I hope so, he has the name of a top footballer.

Guest Heneage

True but Mogwo was all physicality. He didn't seem overly committed either but but when Ranger's your partner in crime I guess it's guilt by association.

Soderberg seeks loan switch Swedish shot-stopper keen to prove his worth to Magpies

By Richard Torgerson.   Last Updated: July 17, 2011 9:19pm

Soderberg: Hopes a loan switch will help him to earn a new deal

Newcastle youngster Ole Soderberg admits he is close to securing a loan move away from the club.

The 20-year-old goalkeeper is some way down the pecking order at St James' Park and is unlikely to find regular first-team football on Tyneside.

Taking that into account, and the fact that he has only one year left to run on his current contract, the young Swede is keen to find game time.

A loan move would provide him with that opportunity and he claims an agreement to take him back to his homeland could materialise.

"I am going on loan, or at least I want to go out on loan," Soderberg told Aftonbladet.

"I have been training with Hacken during the summer and would enjoy playing first-team football, but I haven't heard anything.

"The Allsvenska (Swedish top flight) teams know who I am but they haven't seen me play since I have been at Newcastle."

Soderberg was named on the bench by Newcastle on a couple of occasions last season and claims he would welcome the opportunity to earn a new deal with the Magpies.

He added: "I have one year on my contract and I would like to stay longer.

"I need to prove that I can play first-team football, so I need to go on loan."

He admits he came close to securing a loan switch last season, with there a chance he could remain in England with a Football League club.

Soderberg said: "Last year there were four clubs in League One and League Two that were interested in taking me on loan."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7045434,00.html

Guest Heneage

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Would love some in depth info on the reserves this year if you don't mind Chris.  :thup:

Notice in The Sunday Sun that Pardew is considering taking the development squad after this season and play more friendlies instead.

? Sorry to be thick but I don't understand what this means.

For what benefit?

Maybe he feels friendlies against Scottish/non-league clubs would be more beneficial than just player other clubs' reserves? Sure Spurs do it.

:thup:

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Would love some in depth info on the reserves this year if you don't mind Chris.  :thup:

Hopefully the club won't play the games behind closed doors like last season so people can watch the games.  When the reserve games aren't on i end up stuck in the house with the wife watching crappy soaps!  Much prefer freezing my bollocks off at Whitley Park....