U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why has Donaldson been given another contract.

Is he really that shite?

Donaldson for christs sake. He's not even threatened a first-team place in his many years here, in either of the two positions he can play, and he was shit for a midtable League 1 side. Why the fuck are we keeping him?

There was an interview with a skills coach today called Alf Galustian on talkSPORT.  They were talking about youth development post the latest England fiasco.  Apparently he has worked with Wenger (since Japan) and at Clairfontaine but he said he also does a lot of work at Newcastle.

It did sound as if we were were putting a lot of effort into developing the youngsters and so maybe we are following the Arsenal model after all.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

There was an interview with a skills coach today called Alf Galustian on talkSPORT.  They were talking about youth development post the latest England fiasco.  Apparently he has worked with Wenger (since Japan) and at Clairfontaine but he said he also does a lot of work at Newcastle.

It did sound as if we were were putting a lot of effort into developing the youngsters and so maybe we are following the Arsenal model after all.

He's the Coerver Coach guy, basically goes club to club to sell his franchise ideas.

The rapid progress of Streete culminated at the end of last term, when the South Shields lad put in a sparkling performance in the Northumberland Senior Cup final against Blyth Spartans.

He put in a steady display in Peter Beardsley’s back four in the 4-0 romp over the Croft Park outfit.

It amazes me people get paid to write stuff like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Newcastle was leading Singapore 3-1 before they conceded in the 87th, 91st and 94th minute. The heat and humidity were clearly a problem for them, and you can clearly see their fitness and performance dropped in the 2nd half. I reckon 3 to 4 players went down with cramps on the artificial pitch. Players on both sides took the opportunity to hydrate whenever there was a break in play. :laugh: Have to admit I cheered when the winning goal went in though.  :D  :-[

Everton lost 1-0 to the Flamengo side in the other game. They too had a couple of players down with cramps. Guess Flamengo and the local sides have a distinct advantage regarding the weather.

Newcastle play Juventus in their next game.

Guest daveaha

The boys looks tired and exhausted from the 80th min onwards.  Looked jetlagged too.  They look devastated to concede 3 goals late in the game.  Should've controlled the possession in the last 10 min instead of pumping the ball upfront.

Well, lesson for the boys...

Guest Rob 1988

Hay Guys If anyone is interested Eurosport 2 UK will be showing the Newcastle United U15 vs Singapore U15 game tomorrow 9:00 Am and

the Newcastle United U15 vs Juventus U15 at 1:45pm

No 7 ollie so far has had the best chances to create something but his decisions have been poor. Made a decent dribble but overall his first touch is letting him down, keeps bouncing off him to the opposition. Gets in the right places defensively and offensively and hasn't stopped. Made a really nice through ball .

Our no 9 has some good control and picked a nice setup instead of shooting for the 2nd (our first was a keeper error from a corner) plays like a mini Carroll.

No6 is a big lad an uses his strength well. (Atkinson I think) Playing at the back but looks like a midfielder to me

We've kept our shape well for this are IMO, only really falling apart once and it led to a goal, but was a great shot off the post to lead to the goal. 4-3-3 btw. Everything going down the right , they don't like being pressured into to short quick passing, but when we do it on our own back they control nicely.

Anyway that's the first half for me.