U23s & Academy

Skirge

Newcastle (4-3-3): Ole Soderberg; Michael Richardson, Jeff Henderson, Mike Williamson, Yven Moyo; Brad Inman, Greg McDermott, Ryan Donaldson; Sammy Ameobi, Phil Airey, Joan Edmundsson

Subs: Aiden Grant, Paul Dummett, Joey Barton, Wayne Routledge, Xisco, Nile Ranger

NO CABAYE?

He and Perch rested, supposedly.

danking11 Dan King

#nufc dominating here against Utrecht but still 0-0. Ameobi and Inman both denied by great saves, Airey and Edmundsson have also come close

12 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

danking11 Dan King

#nufc pull one back almost immediately - Barton finishing at the third time of asking after he'd hit the post and seen his follow up saved

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Has Cabaye got some sort of knocK? 

i don't think so,  reckon he's just rested,  we have alot more players in Holland than America,  just rotating a bit to give others some match practice,  i'd expect him to feature in the next game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thanks for the update.

I reckon we'll see Dummett in and around the first team this season, wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench at all. Far greater Left Back than Shane Ferguson (which isn't a slight at Ferguson since that isn't his position ;)). Loves to get forward, not afraid to tackle, decent in the air. Just needs to work a bit on his decision making, and perhaps learn when NOT to tackle!

No problem Sirs.

As for Dummett, yeah he looked like a solid left back with decent pace and strength. Not the most skilled player in the world from what I saw but good probably do a decent job as backup at least.

Under different circumstances I'd be happy that's linked up with the 1st Team Squad, suppose we'll have to see where its all heading. Still, can't help but be pleased for Dummett. Local lad, 100% work rate and determination.