U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

CM, always has been, despite what NUFC.com and wiki try to claim. He has a good knack of arriving in the box at the right time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Newcastle 2-1 Derby

Scrappy, long route one football.

In attendance NOFC's Greg. Not in attendance NUFC's Adam Campbell (played for U16s instead who were beaten). Seemed to be a random unknown on the bench.

Newcastle 2-1 Derby

In attendance NOFC's Greg. Not in attendance NUFC's Adam Campbell (played for U16s instead who were beaten). Seemed to be a random unknown on the bench.

Always keen ona random unknown - could be the next Messi

NUFC.com say Campbell was on the bench, unless its another one:

NUFC: Alnwick, Nicholson, Riley, Logan, Storey, Streete, Maddison (Evans 78), Sayer, Taylor, Richardson, Adjei (McGorrigan 67).

Subs n/u: Robinson, Henderson, Campbell.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

NUFC: Alnwick, Nicholson, Riley, Logan, Storey, Streete, Maddison (Evans 78), Sayer, Taylor, Richardson, Adjei (McGorrigan 67).

Adam Campbell was playing for the U16s, there's no other Campbell that I'm aware of in the U18 set up.

----------------Alnwick----------------

-----------------------------------------

Nicholson--Storey--Streete--Riley

----Logan--Sayer--Richardson----

-----Maddison---Taylor---Adjei----

It's possible the sub I'm not sure about that came on in the second half and played up front could be Nathan Evans, though thought he was a defender - actually it was Nathan Evans! Learn something new every day.

How's Streete doing?

Seemed OK, perhaps a little over aggressive. Great strength for a 15 year old - freakish really, naturally, still has a lot to learn.

They are wrong tbh, went over and watched a bit of the under 16s and he was playing up front for them.

http://www.footmercato.net/premier-league/yven-moyo-j-aimerais-faire-la-meme-carriere-que-ben-arfa_56289

YVEN MOYO: "I'D MAKE THE SAME CAREER THAT BEN ARFA"

08/10/2010 - 17 h 38

One of the nuggets of FC Sochaux Yven Moyo (the French international - 18 years) has recently committed to Newcastle. A gamble for the young midfielder of 17 who did not hesitate long when the Magpies came to him. A true fan of Hatem Ben Arfa, the young French explains the reasons for his choice and his admiration for HBA whose career and talent are the dream.

RELATED LINKS

Teams

Newcastle United FC

Players

Yven Moyo

FM: Yven, why he left Sochaux to join Newcastle ?

Yven Moyo : I had to leave Sochaux because they were not respectful enough of me, I felt that I deserved to sign my first professional contract, a view that did not seem to share Sochaux. From there, my departure was inevitable.

FM: Describe your style of play

YM: I am an attacking midfielder who can move both left and right, like dribbling, provoke, make a difference. I know to be decisive and score goals, a profile for Ben Arfa.

FM: Did not you afraid of having succumbed to the lure too early to England?

YM: No I'm not afraid it's a great challenge for me, I had that chance thanks to god to join Newcastle. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

FM: Before joining the Magpies, did you have other suggestions?

YM: No direct proposal, but let's say I was in contact with Manchester City. But two years ago that Manchester United wanted to take me when I was at the training center at Sochaux, but there were circumstances that made this has not gone further.

FM: Have you met your future and you coach he gave assurances as to your playing time?

YM: Yes, of course, it was he who recruited me. But if I meet almost everyday Chris Hughton, yet we have not really talked about my situation. I just arrived, I'm in no hurry, I'm there to learn.

FM: The presence of Hatem Ben Arfa Has it affected your choice?

YM: Of course the presence of Hatem was decisive. To be honest, I'm a real fan of Ben Arfa. For me, this player is an example and I would do the same career as him.

FM: What do you think of the bombing of De Jong?

YM: I am appalled by such a gesture! I was at the stage Saturday with Hatem's cousin and we were shocked. We immediately went to the hospital to support him and we tried to do well against him because they are things that are part of the job of a footballer. Hatem is a fighter but he will come back even stronger.

Sébastien DENIS

Newcastle 2-1 Derby

I was there too. Good winning goal at the death. Thought the blond number 8 done alright, Ben Sayer? Cold and windswept conditions, as ever it seems.

Newcastle 2-1 Derby

I was there too. Good winning goal at the death. Thought the blond number 8 done alright, Ben Sayer? Cold and windswept conditions, as ever it seems.

Aye he is good at golf as well, plays off 4.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Been impressed with every game I've seen Ben Sayer play so far. Really composed on the ball, shame this year's team doesn't suit his style of play - far too much hoof and chase at the moment.