U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest henrique

Did not he win that in the Nike tournement too?

In FM terms, Wounderkid? :lol:

Good job lads, meet a better team, but still, in the final in a tournament with the best youth teams in the world!

Not wounded is he?

:yao:

:scared:

The opposition seemed much better at pressing and were much more comfortable on the ball for the most part. You can see the clash in styles and coaching.

Newcastle did exactly that against CSKA Moscow in the week.  They know how to do it, but the Brazillians were just so sublimely good at it, and Newcastle were tired.  Can't understand why Joyce picked the same line-up every single time, without resting people over the week.

Guest bimpy474

The opposition seemed much better at pressing and were much more comfortable on the ball for the most part. You can see the clash in styles and coaching.

Newcastle did exactly that against CSKA Moscow in the week.  They know how to do it, but the Brazillians were just so sublimely good at it, and Newcastle were tired.  Can't understand why Joyce picked the same line-up every single time, without resting people over the week.

Dave Watson was picking the team wasn't he ?

Good job lads, meet a better team, but still, in the final in a tournament with the best youth teams in the world!

Not wounded is he?

:lol: I am Nowegian, i speak viking daily.

What i have learned of this language of yours i leaned back in the days when i was over the sea, raping and pillaging. :la:

Guest Craig-NUFC

Not wounded is he?

What i have learned of this language of yours i leaned back in the days when i was over the sea, raping and pillaging. :la:

Not wounded is he?

Fuck it  :lol:

[move]:thefinger: Learned  :thefinger:[/move]

Not sure if it's been posted already but there is a piece in the Times this morning saying the Premier League have decided to accelerate the introduction of the Elite Player Performance Plan and introduce new U21 and U18 Elite leagues this season.

We will be playing in the Elite league (17 Premier League clubs (QPR, Swansea + 1 other who I can't remember aren't of sufficient standard) + 6 Championship clubs). The Elite League will start with a Group stage (3 groups - 1 of seven teams and two of eight) which will last until Christmas.

If I remember correctly at U21 level you'll only be able to field 3 over-age players + over-age goalkeeper.

Guest kenny_c

does anyone know anything about Mark Brereton? Age, height, where he plays now? just any info, i cant find anything on the internet about him.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Official that we havnt made cat 1 status

I thought we were all about youth now

Dissappointing

Guest sicko2ndbest

Official that we havnt made cat 1 status

I thought we were all about youth now

Dissappointing

Link?

Ryder tweet

@lee_ryder: #nufc have to wait two years until they can reapply for Category One status

A ridiculous cock-up tbh. Hopefully will have a top class set up in 2 years time, but get the impression the club tried to do this in a huge rush when really should have been concentrating more on the youth for years.

Guest Roger Kint

A ridiculous cock-up tbh. Hopefully will have a top class set up in 2 years time, but get the impression the club tried to do this in a huge rush when really should have been concentrating more on the youth for years.

Aye goes to show the extent of the farce under Shepherd that we have heavily invested and still fall short of the Cat 1