U23s & Academy

Skirge

From Oatcakes:

Well what an enjoyable watch if You exclude the Stoke side from that game!

Newcastle were simply brilliant. Their passing and movement was sublime and we looked like a team one paced, plodding journeymen.

Our side couldn't touch them except when crogging them when their number 10 was putting his magical feet to good use! And what a player he looked, I don't know if we made him look better than he is but his feet were so quick and he could finish. Bradden Inman according to the team sheet.

Everything came down our left where Michael Clarkson, a central midfielder by trade was playing. Bachmann made some excellent saves but he doesn't like crosses (my issue with him). And although people were whinging about the peno, it looked like one to. He wasn't fouled and he tried to punch the ball and punched their player in the cheek! It never looked like his ball. Great double save off the peno though and our MOM.

Our goal was scored by someone called Roy Odiaka according to the teamsheet.

Kargbo played too.

It ended 5-1 to 'Castle.

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=195178&page=3#ixzz25RigEktl

ive known about campbell for a while now, ive put a bet on him being in the england 2014 world cup squad

Read more: http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=195178&page=4#ixzz25RlfAADI

Say what? :lol:

Sounds like they have a few fans with 'football envy'. The condition where you wish your own football team played football. Sad, real sad

normally a central midfielder but seems to have been pushed more upfront lately,  not as a striker but playing as number 10 playing behind the striker.

Didn't start against Spurs as Vukcic was playing that role.

normally a central midfielder but seems to have been pushed more upfront lately,  not as a striker but playing as number 10 playing behind the striker.

I have a greater interest in him because he is Australian. Sounds very promising. What does he need to work on to make that next step up?

I have a greater interest in him because he is Australian. Sounds very promising. What does he need to work on to make that next step up?

probably could do with been a bit quicker,  he's an excellent passer and has an eye for a goal.

Guest Roger Kint

Streete should be due back soon?

Trained a lot with the first team last season. Was looking forward to seeing him this season. Hope he continues his progression, Pardew seemed well impressed.

Only been in light training so far, think he mentioned being back full time in the next few weeks.

I'd love it if we had a batch of youngsters break through. Excited about Campbell, Inman sounds good too. if Streete and Good too make it, exciting times. Doubt we'll see anyone apart from Tav and Campbell much tbh though, they seem in areas we have little cover for.

I've said numerous times on here that i still can't see why Inman hasn't been giving a look in for the first team at least a run out here or there. Watched the lad since he played in my younger brother's year at school level and he just keeps getting better and better. I know injuries have been a key figure in why he maybe hasn't broken through but the talent is most certainly there. Glad he was given a contract extension in the summer, does show the club haven't given up hope just yet but wish he would be given an opportunity to shine.

I've said numerous times on here that i still can't see why Inman hasn't been giving a look in for the first team at least a run out here or there. Watched the lad since he played in my younger brother's year at school level and he just keeps getting better and better. I know injuries have been a key figure in why he maybe hasn't broken through but the talent is most certainly there. Glad he was given a contract extension in the summer, does show the club haven't given up hope just yet but wish he would be given an opportunity to shine.

Hopefully after a few more dominant performances at reserve level, he can get a loan to a championship side. Think hed be more suited to the Belgium/Swiss/Dutch league because technically hes very good.

Hopefully after a few more dominant performances at reserve level, he can get a loan to a championship side. Think hed be more suited to the Belgium/Swiss/Dutch league because technically hes very good.

has he decided to play for Australia?  cos he was playing for Scotlands U21's.