U23s & Academy

Skirge

Because if he's definitely said it, thinking there's any other meaning to "you lot should be good at this" in that situation is just ridiculous.

If that was genuinely said & aimed at just Black lads, its at best unbelievably naïve & at worst just plain old school racism.

"at worst"

Yeah, nowt wrong with a bit old school racism in the workplace.

Nah, that's not what I meant. Was it the "just" part that threw you?

Maybe I`ll have to brush up on my grammar, I cant be being outed as the boards latent racist 

Yep, "just". Would make better sense without it now you've explained.

Thanks for that, Ive got loads of black mates and that & I`ve only ever read two chapters of "Mein Kampf"

Just black mates? No asians?

Not yet, one step at a time :nile:

Bit of a comedown for quite a few of them:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-summon-host-players-14384436

This has resulted in a huge clear out at the club’s Benton base with only Cal Roberts and Luke Charman handed new deals by the Magpies from the current batch of players out of contract.

But both youngsters could be loaned out next summer with the pair requiring first team experience.

Newcastle have told Tom Heardman, Ben Kitchen, Curtis Good, Stuart Findlay, Michael Newberry, Jack Hunter, Kyle Cameron and Paul Woolston have all been released.

Players were called to St James’ Park this morning for a crunch meeting in which they learned their fate. Some of those players have worked their way through the Academy in the last eight or nine years.

Curtis Good man, what a waste of time. He's 25 in a couple of weeks. :lol:

He will have done quite well financially out of his time here.

Been capped for Australia too apparently.

Guest Howaythetoon

How much of a say does Rafa have in this? Could be an indication of what lays ahead for him and us beyond next season. Also what kind of competition is this, is this new, and under 23s man :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw El-Mhanni was in that batch of released players a few weeks ago. Obviously because he's not good enough, but could perhaps cause a stir.

I wouldn't read anythong into that. Ryder put Woolston in it, then quickly took him out.

He also claimed they called Findlay in to release him that morning despite him playing for Kimarnock the night before. In short, it was the usual quality of exclusive from him.

Newcastle have told Tom Heardman, Ben Kitchen, Curtis Good, Stuart Findlay, Michael Newberry, Jack Hunter and Kyle Cameron have all been released.

Why did they tell Tom Heardman?

:lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Any update on what's happening with this whole thing?

The Beardsley thing I mean.

Beast from the East meant he couldn’t mow the lawn so it will probably take a while yet...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Was working there a few months back, actually stayed at the stadium hotel, and the lads who worked the bar were raving about him. Glad he’s doing well.

Newcastle United have been fined £7,500 after admitting breaching rules over their under-18 side wearing kits bearing the logo of a betting company.

The Magpies are sponsored by China-based online gaming firm Fun88.

The Football Association said Newcastle, who were charged last month, were in breach of their kit and advertising regulations.

FA rules say "services and related activities such as alcohol and gambling" cannot be worn by U18 teams

:mou: