U23s & Academy

Skirge

Toney scored again. Went under the radar with Armstrong getting more attention, but has done well since switching from Wigan to Scunthorpe.

Bit of a troublemaker though. Both times scunny brought him in coincided with a massive slump of form. He’s not premiership quality by a mile though.

Still a chance that our U23s might get relegated this year, although it's more likely to be Man U and...Sunderland. Could be fun having them in Div 2 next year.

Sunderland definitely playing you next year. Hopefully Man U join you too.

• 3 weeks later...

Callum Roberts played really well throughout that. Really hope we a least get to see him get a chance before release.

Aye should hopefully get a pop in pre-season. I think Rafa seems to quite like him.

Was Victor Fernandez good?

I only watched the final, but he seemed decent, very raw and seemed to try and make runs into dead ends, but looked like he had potential.

• 3 weeks later...

He's had his time. Hasn't really produced any player for the first team, bar Dummett.

Time for a change! I'm sure Rafa have someone lined up already with the contacts he has.

If only Ashley could let Rafa take care of everything (transfers, academy and training facillity).