U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest Heneage

Random Question:

Has Zamblera played any games for Sampdoria and have they expressed an interest in  him at all?

I saw his name on .com and admitted that I totally forgot about him and his hopelessness

I haven't seen his name anywhere near the frst team, I think he'd be bought as an Academy reserve player.

Random Question:

Has Zamblera played any games for Sampdoria and have they expressed an interest in  him at all?

I saw his name on .com and admitted that I totally forgot about him and his hopelessness

Wasn't he supposed to be good? Probably just his name. He has a nice name.

Zamblera looked a very poor player, albeit only saw him in a couple of games.  Played a few reserve games, didn't look anything special, went back into the youth team and then went back to Italy.  Not sure if he's back and still in Italy.

http://www.londonderrysentinel.co.uk/sport/Fergie-signs-new-deal-with.5435915.jp

Fergie signs new deal with the Geordie boys

Published Date:

07 July 2009

By KEVIN McLAUGHLIN

UNLIKE Michael Owen a Waterside teenager has pledged his future with Newcastle United.

With Owen jumping ship and signing for Manchester United, 17-year-old Shane Ferguson, who has been with the North East club since he was 15, signed a new three year deal with the Toon Army.

The Tamnaherin man, who has thought to have turned down a host of clubs including Celtic, Rangers and Hertha Berlin, is excited at the prospect of breaking into United's first team this season.

"Obviously I'm delighted everything is now sorted out in regards my future," he said.

"I played for the Reserves a few times last season and trained with the First team towards the end of last season, so I'll be working hard and hoping to push my way into the both the Reserve and First teams.

"To be honest it wasn't a hard decision for me to stay at Newcastle because we are a big club and although we got relegated to the Championships, I feel the younger players like myself may get a chance because we got relegated."

With so much confusion surrounding the St James Park club, Ferguson who started pre-season training last week admits he's only focusing on football.

"Obviously everything is still up in the air in regards a new manager and the possible new ownership, but I'm only focusing on pre-season training," he added.

"We started back last Thursday for pre-season training and I have to admit it was difficult particularly in the heat."

Another man who has agreed a new deal with Newcastle is Gobnascale teenager Michael McCrudden and Ferguson is delighted his mate is staying.

"It's great that Michael is staying at Newcastle, we both share a flat together and I have to admit it certainly makes life easier whenever there is someone else from the city who is training and living in Newcastle."

Only last month the talented left-winger received his first cap for his country, against the world champions Italy.

Although Ferguson only tasted the final 15 minutes of the 3-0 international friendly defeat in Pisa, he admits more caps for Northern Ireland is something he'll be aiming for in the years to come.

"I really enjoyed the whole experience with Nigel Worthington and all the Northern Ireland lads and to come on against Italy was brilliant," he added.

"I know this time next year the World Cup will be on in South Africa and it would be brilliant if Northern Ireland could quality, it would also be great for me if I got another few call ups and was part of that World Cup squad, but I'm still young and hopefully I'll earn more caps over the years."

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Random Question:

Played nearly every game for Sampdoria youth last year (on loan) and scored maybe 3 goals and missed more sitters. I think he was one of the first people Dennis Wise 'scouted' for what its worth...

Here's one of the few goals he scored.

<snip>

Sounds like an exciting prospect. Is he quick?

yeah, I've only seen him twice.. seems like a good dribbler..

Nice, hopefully he can break into the team, any extra pace in Midfield can't be a bad thing.

He has the potential to be a decent player, still very small & slight so hopefully will beef up and grow a bit.  Seen more of him playing at left back than as a winger,  compared to the same age he's not as good on the wing as say Alan O'Brien was but then Alan didn't seem to fulfil his early potential anyway,  struggling with his final ball.  At the end of last season Ferguson did look a good attacking left back.

The other lad in that article McCrudden looks a decent player as well from the few glimpses i've seen from him as well.

Newcastle United reserves open at Middlesbrough

Jul 14 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/14/newcastle-united-reserves-open-at-middlesbrough-72703-24150245/

==========================================

Reserve Squad Named For Colliers Clash

By Craig Hope

NEWCASTLE United Reserves kick off their pre-season preparations at Northern League Ashington on Wednesday night (kick-off 7pm).

It's the Magpies first-ever visit to Woodhorn Lane and coach Richard Money has named a strong squad for the game with five of the players who featured during Saturday's 3-0 win over Shamrock Rovers included.

Ryan Donaldson, Callum Morris, Wesley Ngo Baheng, Ben Tozer and Frank Wiafe Danquah all played some part at the Tallaght Stadium in Dublin in what was the first-team's first outing of the summer.

United's second-string travel with the following squad to Ashington;

Fraser Forster, Ole Soderberg, Phil Airey, Sammy Ameobi, Ryan Donaldson. Jonny Godsmark, Brad Inman, Darren Lough, Patrick McLaughlin, Callum Morris, Wesley Ngo Baheng, James Tavernier. James Taylor, Ben Tozer, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Fabio Zamblera

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1721783,00.html#continue

Zamblera returns. Presumably didn't do that well for Sampdoria then?

Is Vuckic injured?

Is he not at the U19 championships like Ranger? Not sure if his country actually got there btw, that might be why though?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

From what I heard, from an Italian on the SI boards, he did pretty poorly and took a long time to hit any form. Only scored 3 goals from 20 odd games at youth level.

Guest geordienorway

Love the fact that Wor Nile and Kadar is left out.

Dunno about Kadar but Nile is away with U19's

Balls. Thought it was because they are in the first team-plans.

Love the fact that Wor Nile and Kadar is left out.

Dunno about Kadar but Nile is away with U19's

Balls. Thought it was because they are in the first team-plans.

Kadar probs is

Kids beat Hartlepool 2-0

Reserve squad for tomorrow:

Fraser Forster, Ole Soderberg, Phil Airey, Sammy Ameobi, Ryan Donaldson. Jonny Godsmark, Brad Inman, Darren Lough, Patrick McLaughlin, Callum Morris, Wesley Ngo Baheng, James Tavernier. James Taylor, Ben Tozer, Frank Wiafe Danquah, Fabio Zamblera

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Kids beat Hartlepool 2-0

Reserve squad for tomorrow:

Shame he's so small, otherwise I think he'd probably make it further then as he's a hard worker and has a bit of ability about him.

Is Vuckic injured?

Is he not at the U19 championships like Ranger? Not sure if his country actually got there btw, that might be why though?

Yup, he's in the squad:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under19/teams/team=357163/index.html

Is this tournament televised?  i see Slovenia play England on the 27th July be good to watch Vuckic and Nile in action.    Thats if Vuckic plays, he may only be a squad member, as captain of the under 17's i doubt he's featured too much for there under 19 team.  He's a class act though, just hope both lads don't get injured.....

Is Vuckic injured?

Yup, he's in the squad:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under19/teams/team=357163/index.html

Is this tournament televised?  i see Slovenia play England on the 27th July be good to watch Vuckic and Nile in action.    Thats if Vuckic plays, he may only be a squad member, as captain of the under 17's i doubt he's featured too much for there under 19 team.  He's a class act though, just hope both lads don't get injured.....

Dunno, but I was thinking the same.  I only noticed today England and Slovenia were in the same group.

Games might be on Eurosport?