U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Didn't he play RB last season?

How many goals has he scored so far in this campaign?

Aye he did, but looking back I think that was due to injuries more then anything else (Newton, Leadbitter and James Taylor all injured).

From what I'm hearing that Phil Airey sounds like a good prospect.

Well in again.

Plus the reserve right back has the exact same name as me. Makes me think it should be me. Maybe it is.

You got a friend?

• 2 weeks later...

It is the big one on Sat for the U18's

Sat 05.12.2009 U18s v mackems (h)  @ Little Benton, 11am. Premier Academy League (North).

SAFC are well ahead of us in the league. Not sure if I am working on Sat morning but if not I will be there there squad has a number of lads who were/are Newcastle fans who could play against our U18's: Louis Laing,Craig Lynch, Brett Elliott & Liam Marrs.

Binnsy/Chris - If I dont make it to the game can you keep on eye & report back on the Mags that got away please!!!!

http://www.safc.com/page/AcademySquad

Big game on Wednesday night as well  we are in FA youth cup action away at Doncaster,  with it being an important game followed by the derby i can't understand why we are playing the Northumberland senior cup game on Tuesday. 

Not sure if i'm going yet, all depends on the weather,  i'm not going if its freezing and pissing down!!  At least they've got the kick off at 11am so people have plenty of time to then get to town to watch the Watford game.  Should be goo as we're on a decent unbeaten run at the minute

With no place for shelter the open space sometimes makes watching staying warm the main priority.

Exactly!!  They should play it at SJP with a 1215 kick off!!  perfect pre match entertainment, watc the youth team beat the mackems!!

Guest Roger Kint

See young Remie Streete is in the squad tonight, only about 15/16 i think but a big lad.

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/6212/n794180656817.jpg

Is that Taverner on the right? :undecided:

Edit: He was only 14 in July 2009 when he was nominated for the Pride of South Tyneside awards for his Boldon Colts performances

Since this is for youth teams, the under 14s and under 10s beat their Leeds counterparts 3-0 and 6-4 respectively today.

The under 14's have some really good players,  my nephew plays for Cramlington juniors and they played the academy last week in a friendly, NUFC beat Crammy 8-1,  the week before the beat Wallsend 9-0.  Wallsend and Crammy are at the top of their league and have some decent players but Crammy were battered, the goal they scored was from a lad who trains with the academy twice a week and NUFC wanted to play for them on the night.

On the way home my nephew said good job Remi wasn't playing, i asked who remi was and he said Remi Steele,  should be playing for under 14's but plays for the under 16's instead,  he maybe a player to keep an eye out for,  although plenty could happen to him between being 13 and 17-18 when he would make a break through towards reserve/1st team.

:frantic:

Who's got the better name: Nile Ranger or Remi Steele?  :lol:

Since this is for youth teams, the under 14s and under 10s beat their Leeds counterparts 3-0 and 6-4 respectively today.

The under 14's have some really good players,  my nephew plays for Cramlington juniors and they played the academy last week in a friendly, NUFC beat Crammy 8-1,  the week before the beat Wallsend 9-0.  Wallsend and Crammy are at the top of their league and have some decent players but Crammy were battered, the goal they scored was from a lad who trains with the academy twice a week and NUFC wanted to play for them on the night.

On the way home my nephew said good job Remi wasn't playing, i asked who remi was and he said Remi Steele,  should be playing for under 14's but plays for the under 16's instead,  he maybe a player to keep an eye out for,  although plenty could happen to him between being 13 and 17-18 when he would make a break through towards reserve/1st team.

hope hope hope hope hope remi is short for remington.

Guest Roger Kint

Who is Remi Steele? ???

Guest Roger Kint

FFS why do I keep reading stuff wrong today.  :doh:  I thought it was Steele not Streete.  Crap name, get rid.

Not your fault Binnsy got it wrong tbh ;D