Hughton is not a manager!

jimmymag

Hughton is average BUT he is better than Kinnear

Based on what though?  At least Kinnear can motivate a team to some degree, Hughton offers absolutely nothing as a manager.  Just look at his record, 8 games in total with two points and no wins (Kinnear had picked and prepared to team to play West Brom before his heart problems so I'm not giving that one to Hughton).

Hughton is average BUT he is better than Kinnear

That's got to be a wind up!

I'm not a big fan of Kinnear but I'd be delighted if he was here now purely because he's got the personality to dictate to the players and not worry about egos or reputations.

Hughton is just a puppet! Trying to be mr. nice guy and not to upset anyone around him...

I'm not a fan or Kinner at all and the sooner he's out the the better but he's got some character at least! Not afraid to say what he's thinking and show it by some of his actions(most of them are pretty harsh though). I really liked JK when he took Shola off before the HT in a match when he didn't perform at all and gifted the opponent an easy goal.  :iamatwat:

Anyway we really should be looking at an opportunity to bring in a replacement especially now as it's practically free unlike with Keegan as JK is out of contract in the summer. And I'm not talking about Venables and co. but some of the guys from younger generation with some fresh thoughts about football and how it should be played in the modern era. You can do a decent results with worse squads if you have some of the basic tactical skills(just look at Fulham although I really dislike Hodgson's ultra defensive style) and we really do not have a bad team at all and look at the results we've been able to get! Since Sir Bobby's time our defence has improved a lot if not the whole team(except the midfield maybe) but the results have been really really poor so it's a clear indication that none of the managers since then haven't been really up to the task!

The players have to take their share of blame for not being up for the smaller games too. If they could put in Man Utd work every week we would already be safe.

Do you think Harper decided himself to punt the ball upfield at every opportunity against Bolton and Hull or did Hughton have some influence??

The team selection, tactics and confidence of the manager has a huge influence on the way the players set about the opposition.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we played very well for half an hour against the Mancs when very little was expected of the players and Hughton stumbled across a formation that suited the players we had available for that game. He obviously told the players to go out and hit the Mancs with pace on the break. It's also obvious that Hughton wasn't able to look Michael Owen and Nicky Butt in the eye and tell them that he wasn't going to start with them against Hull.

The players have to take their share of blame for not being up for the smaller games too. If they could put in Man Utd work every week we would already be safe.

Do you think Harper decided himself to punt the ball upfield at every opportunity against Bolton and Hull or did Hughton have some influence??

The team selection, tactics and confidence of the manager has a huge influence on the way the players set about the opposition.

I don't think it's any coincidence that we played very well for half an hour against the Mancs when very little was expected of the players and Hughton stumbled across a formation that suited the players we had available for that game. He obviously told the players to go out and hit the Mancs with pace on the break. It's also obvious that Hughton wasn't able to look Michael Owen and Nicky Butt in the eye and tell them that he wasn't going to start with them against Hull.

Yeah, all fair points, I'm not a big fan of Hughton either. He wouldn't be the only manager unable to drop a big-name pro though.

Yeah, all fair points, I'm not a big fan of Hughton either. He wouldn't be the only manager unable to drop a big-name pro though.

That's true, but doesn't that prove that these people shouldn't be in charge of big name players though?

Nicky Butt interview in today's Mirror:

Asked how much Newcastle have missed Kinnear since his triple bypass operation, Butt said: "It has not helped. When you have a manager at the helm, it is someone to look to and that is important.

"The manager was not one for doing great coaching sessions day to day with the players. He comes in to his own on the day of a game. He was very much a man-manager on match day and that's the bit we have missed.

Code for Hughton hasn't got a fucking clue!

Nicky Butt interview in today's Mirror:

Asked how much Newcastle have missed Kinnear since his triple bypass operation, Butt said: "It has not helped. When you have a manager at the helm, it is someone to look to and that is important.

"The manager was not one for doing great coaching sessions day to day with the players. He comes in to his own on the day of a game. He was very much a man-manager on match day and that's the bit we have missed.

Code for Hughton hasn't got a f***ing clue!

Also code for saying Kinnear hasn't got a f**king clue from Sunday to Friday.

Never thought I'd say this but I wish that JFK was at the helm.

He's a better option to have than Hughton, but tbh i'm not massively bothered. We could just as easily go down with him at the helm, as we could with Hughton. At the end of the day, it's down to the players and the players only really. I'm more interested than current injuries returning, than i am JFK.

Proven again by his indecision to sub Taylor immediately or, at least, organise cover on the pitch whilst Taylor was receiving treatment. A fucking pub side would be better organised in a similar situation.

Time is running out Mr Ashley. If you wait 4 weeks for Kinnear to get back it'll be too late, and your £250 million investment will be halved. Offer Venables a £2 million bonus if he keeps us up, it'll be money well spent.

5 points in the 10 games Hughton has been in charge I read somewhere (including those after Keegan left in sep). Absolutely ridiculous and incomprehensible that we have this clown managing us in the most important games in the club's recent history.

Big Sam couldn't have put it better

Former Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce said today:

“I think my brief comment (on Newcastle) is that they need a manager and that’s it really.”

“In this situation, you need your manager. If Joe hasn’t fully recovered – which I sincerely hope he does – then at this stage of the season and in this position, your manager is crucial.”

“That’s nothing against Chris Hughton or Colin Calderwood, but all the players there know that they’re not the manager. You need a manager because the manager goes a long way towards deciding whether you stay up or get relegated.”

“That’s by his plan of action, by his selection process, by his substitutes, by his motivating and by what you draw on to try to get your players through that particular scenario.”

“It’s not just that. You need a leader. The players need to know who is in charge and that’s very, very important.”

Proven again by his indecision to sub Taylor immediately or, at least, organise cover on the pitch whilst Taylor was receiving treatment. A fucking pub side would be better organised in a similar situation.

Time is running out Mr Ashley. If you wait 4 weeks for Kinnear to get back it'll be too late, and your £250 million investment will be halved. Offer Venables a £2 million bonus if he keeps us up, it'll be money well spent.

Your gloating pisses me off "JimmyMag" :hom: shut up and support Chris Hughton you call yourself a supporter, well we can do without "supporters" like you.  :lol:

Only taking the piss out of your quite ridiculous dig at me earlier although it was rather amusing.  :lol:

Question those harming the club but support those who do good for our football club.  :thup:

But do tell me kind sir when I'm worthy again of supporting my local football club.............   :laugh:

Heard Graham Courtney on Talksport this morning and he said that after the Arsenal match, Wenger came out and did his interviews as normal but afterwards there was no sign of Hughton. After a while, someone from the club came out and said that it would be a while as Chris had the players in the dressing room and was giving them a bollocking. At which point appraently all the journo's chuckled to themselves at the very idea.

Guess that gives an indication of the kind of attitude people might have towards Hughton as a leader. Really nice fella but not a man who is going to lead a team.

I feel sorry for him.

Guest Chubby Jason

I've never known an owner to be as pathetically short-sighted and ignorant as Mike Ashley. Offer JFK a 2 1/2 year contract, a man that has had no work since ruining Nottingham Forest. Then allowing a man plainly not up to the job to "manage" us until are saviour gets out of hospital.

Fucking pathetic, we are going down, and the title of this thread is bang on. We can thank our owner the fucking obese lying prick.

Not putting Jonas up against Sagna, after the way Jonas skinned him for Argentina against France to score not so long ago, was criminal. Obviously there was no guarantee that the same thing would have happened, but you'd have thought that Gutierrez's confidence to repeat that goal would have made him a certain starter, and also the fact Sagna had a stinker that night might have played on his mind.

I feel for Hughton at times because the guy's under no illusions; he's out of his depth and he's carrying a massive burden that has just been thrown upon him. Decisions like Jonas not even getting on, however, really does make you wonder. :undecided: Unless the lad was carrying an injury, that non-decision really does defy logic.