Newcastle 1 - 2 Manchester United - 04/03/09 - post match reaction from page 18

Dave

I'm not as depressed by the result/performance as I thought I'd be, but this "Raylor" and "Saylor" shit really does my head in.

:lol:

Too true.

Nice break for the goal btw. Martins should have made it two.

What a fkn game, gutted we got nowt from that, we well deserved a point..

Bassong

Jonas

Enrique

Smith

Loven

Oba

Were all cracking today, Enrique was my MOTM by a mile, fantastic to see him coming good. They did what I wanted to see they had a real go, I can't remember the last time I left SJP feeling that proud of them.

Not one of them had a bad game, got a little sloppy late on but that was due to understandable tiredness.

Best laugh though was some pissed up twat on a mobility scooter kicking off with some bloke that was sat behind him, he drove off about 15 feet away then started the " COME ON OOT SIDE YOU FAT CUNT COME ON YOU FAT BASTARD" :lol: we were fkn creased it went on forr about 10 mins.

:lol:

Guest Chris P

What a fkn game, gutted we got nowt from that, we well deserved a point..

Bassong

Jonas

Enrique

Smith

Loven

Oba

Were all cracking today, Enrique was my MOTM by a mile, fantastic to see him coming good. They did what I wanted to see they had a real go, I can't remember the last time I left SJP feeling that proud of them.

Not one of them had a bad game, got a little sloppy late on but that was due to understandable tiredness.

Best laugh though was some pissed up t*** on a mobility scooter kicking off with some bloke that was sat behind him, he drove off about 15 feet away then started the " COME ON OOT SIDE YOU FAT c*** COME ON YOU FAT b******" :lol: we were fkn creased it went on forr about 10 mins.

Well done mate, my thoughts entirley

This is where you need a good manager, really, to help them cling on to the fact that they showed they could play a bit and not disgrace themselves against one of the best sides in the world. Cling on to it, keep a bit of pride, and take it into the next game.

Guest Chris P

Lovely feet from Martins for the Vidic booking. Cynical as f*** the foul.

The ball through from Jonas was :kinnear:

Steven Taylor. :nope:

He really is as thick as 2 short planks.

It was Ryan Taylor.

I meant for punching Ronaldo in the face.  Very prone to doing stupid shit like that, that could easily result in red cards.

Guest Chris P

I know , Me Mum used to give him extra lessons after school

It was Ryan Taylor.

I meant for punching Ronaldo in the face.  Very prone to doing stupid shit like that, that could easily result in red cards.

Totally agree. Probably should have gone anyway considering the tackle after it was rough as fuck. They seemed to ignore that on the telly.

Oh dear. :(

What a terrible mistake by RYAN Taylor. And the BBC stitch Steven Taylor up good and proper. Are they even fucking watching?

The fella on Talksport said it was Steven as well. He should know better as well.... aaaaaahhhh cant think of his name.. used to work for NUFC....

EDIT : Graham Courtney

If that was a good shift from Smith then i dread to think what a bad one looks like. Aye i know we all hate him so we're gonna jump on his back, but sorry, he was s****. Misplaced passes, no movement, and he just seemed to put his teammates in trouble. I know he's short on fitness but it was no different to the Smith we saw last season. Just a thoroughly pointless cog in the engine, tbh. Offered nowt.

I thought Enrique was our best player.

Agree with all of that. Also thought Bassong, barring a couple of mistakes (not marking Vidic on that corner and messing up in front of Ronaldo) looked good, as usual.

Martins was disappointing imo, we need a lot more from him, and need him to be sharper. Love was actually pretty good as well.

Whilst Martins wasn't that great, his mere presence on the pitch proved what a difference to the side he makes. Them counter-attacks in the first half wouldn't have been achieved without him in the side - regardless of whether or not he even touched the ball. Defenses have to drop back when he's playing.

God, I thought Martins was outstanding.