Cracking interview with Steven Taylor

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor insists the team need to start taking risks in order to stave off the threat of relegation.

Saturday's 1-1 draw away at Hull leaves the Magpies in 16th place and they are only out of the Premier League relegation places on goal difference.

Taylor told BBC Radio Newcastle: "With nine games to go you've got to take the game to the opposition.

"Sometimes you've got to take risks, it's a difficult situation we're in."

Taylor added: "I think the whole season has been a rollercoaster season, but we always seem to come away, sit back and wait for something to happen.

"Once Hull scored the goal, that's what happened - it shouldn't happen like that, it's up to us to change it.

"I'm sick of 'if only this, if only that', we've got to start producing."

Good interview here. I hope they listen to the guy, he's right.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7948078.stm

The more I try and analyse Taylor's game the more his weaknesses all start to point to something else and not any flaw in ability. Most of his mistakes and bad moments stem from impetuousness which the dictionary states as something "characterized by sudden and forceful energy or emotion; impulsive and passionate."

Would that describe Taylor to you?

Near enough. He’s always trying to force the issue and it gets him into trouble. He’s never going to be the kind of player who hides when the going gets tough, but he needs to find a balance between his natural game and a more measured approach.

He’s a decent player who gives a shit. Not many of those around.

I completely disagree with that.

The more I try and analyse Taylor's game the more his weaknesses all start to point to something else and not any flaw in ability. Most of his mistakes and bad moments stem from impetuousness which the dictionary states as something "characterized by sudden and forceful energy or emotion; impulsive and passionate."

Would that describe Taylor to you?

Near enough. He’s always trying to force the issue and it gets him into trouble. He’s never going to be the kind of player who hides when the going gets tough, but he needs to find a balance between his natural game and a more measured approach.

He’s a decent player who gives a s***. Not many of those around.

I completely disagree with that.

indeed. There are plenty of tenacious, hearty players with his ability. Start watching the championship

Guest toonlass

Someone, and I can't remember who, suggested trying him in a holding midfield role, as he seems quite useful when he gets further upfield.

Someone, and I can't remember who, suggested trying him in a holding midfield role, as he seems quite useful when he gets further upfield.

But you need to have a good brain, good distribution and have very good decision making abilities. All of which he doesn't have. Plus I don't think he'd have the discipline for such a role.

But you need to have a good brain, good distribution and have very good decision making abilities. All of which he doesn't have. Plus I don't think he'd have the discipline for such a role.

any chance playing under a good manager above the age of 19 might have had an effect on the lad?

vs playing under fucking managerial car crashes and with players who should be scraping barnacles of the end of my cock?

none?  fair enough

any chance playing under a good manager above the age of 19 might have had an effect on the lad?

vs playing under fucking managerial car crashes and with players who should be scraping barnacles of the end of my cock?

none?  fair enough

Of course it has, and only negative. But then again look at Bassong.

none?  fair enough

who has had a season in the flight playing on instinct...3 years of our training he'll be steven talyors stunt coordinator

exaggeration of course

none?  fair enough

who has had a season in the flight playing on instinct...3 years of our training he'll be steven talyors stunt coordinator

exaggeration of course

I think his ability might have something to do with that mind.

none?  fair enough

exaggeration of course

agree

however anyone who thinks the world cup u17 winning captain who was played under a number of shite managers couldn't have been more than he is then i say fair play them

none?  fair enough

exaggeration of course

agree

however anyone who thinks the world cup u17 winning captain who was played under a number of shite managers couldn't have been more than he is then i say fair play them

I never said that. But I get tired of hearing the same excuses trotted out for him that's all.

Personally think the flack he's getting is mad - compared with our squad as a whole, he's a useful player, end of.

Finishing a post with "end of" doesn't mean you're right.

End of.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Shola is universally loved, not only by Toon fans, but by followers of soccer. His immense skill on the ball means he is a joy to watch whenever he plays, akin to watching Leonardo Da Vinco come up with a helicopter bullshit or paint a nice picture, or like watching Beethoven chopping his ears off and writing a symphony. Everytime he doesn't play it is like some bird with absolutely cracking tits chopping them off. It's a crime against society. She should be getting them out at every ooppurtunity. Sadly, Joe Kinnear doesn't have the heart to make brave decisions and often drops Shola Ameobi for Michael owen and other inferior squad members.

Shola is universally loved, not only by Toon fans, but by followers of soccer. His immense skill on the ball means he is a joy to watch whenever he plays, akin to watching Leonardo Da Vinco come up with a helicopter bullshit or paint a nice picture, or like watching Beethoven chopping his ears off and writing a symphony. Everytime he doesn't play it is like some bird with absolutely cracking tits chopping them off. It's a crime against society. She should be getting them out at every ooppurtunity. Sadly, Joe Kinnear doesn't have the heart to make brave decisions and often drops Shola Ameobi for Michael owen and other inferior squad members.

:lol:

fair play to him today, defended well and looked genuinely distraught to be injured

The decision not to sub him straight away cost us the game...and Hughton will keep on making these mistakes if he's left in charge.

fair play to him today, defended well and looked genuinely distraught to be injured

The decision not to sub him straight away cost us the game...and Hughton will keep on making these mistakes if he's left in charge.

Dam right!!

Outstanding today, he really cares and we need that, I would think about dropping Colo for Tayls.

Guest westamfan

“I find myself getting bored a lot and when I’m bored, I’m dangerous. The fun part is trying to get out of trouble. But there’s a serious side to it as well. For our Christmas do, we went out for a bonding session and a couple of the young lads, Fraser Forster and Jonny Godsmark, decided to go home early. When I looked around and saw they’d gone, I thought, ‘We’re in this together, you can’t do that.’

“The consequences were me getting a master key card, going into their room and using a Bic to shave their hair off. They had Mohicans. And that was just my little warning. The next night, they were out with the rest of us until the very end. That’s how it should be. That’s how this football club needs to stay together. It might sound daft, but it’s important.”

What a complete cock end.

He sounds like one of those Big Brother hopefuls.."I'm mad, I am"

I'm just surprised he doesn't refer to himself in 3rd person to complete the massive twat persona he painted himself in that interview.