Ryan Giggs

WhatTheFunk

he's been top drawer for years like, really great player.

shame he's never had the chance to play in the world cup.

i remember on channel 4 years ago the 'ryan giggs soccer school' was class, where he was showing how to score direct from corners :)

At first I thought, nah, PFA award of the year isn't appropriate, maybe some sort of separate award for his outstanding contribution to English football for so long.

And then I thought, who else this year has shone enough to be a clear favourite for PFA Player of the Year? Certainly in with a shout, rightly so.

Not underrated though. Anything but.

Gerrard will get it. Or Ronaldo.

Doesn't matter what they do.

Guest Ebolarama

Underrated? Certainly not by the Man U fawning media who hold a wankfest every time his name is mentioned.

Wankfest? Perhaps. Totally deserved? Definitely.

I stand by what I said. Fantastic career, a great player, but I still feel on an individual level he could have acheived even more.

I understand where you are coming from... sort of. As a player he was won an incredible amount of trophies, and himself plenty of accolades. But as good as he always has been, he is and was only occasionally mentioned as a player in the absolute top bracket, even during his peak years. He never seemed to reach the elite as it were, but this might be down to his down to earth attitude and his lack of arrogance, as well as a lack of international recognition given the lacking quality of his national side.

I stand by what I said. Fantastic career, a great player, but I still feel on an individual level he could have acheived even more.

I understand where you are coming from... sort of. As a player he was won an incredible amount of trophies, and himself plenty of accolades. But as good as he always has been, he is and was only occasionally mentioned as a player in the absolute top bracket, even during his peak years. He never seemed to reach the elite as it were, but this might be down to his down to earth attitude and his lack of arrogance, as well as a lack of international recognition given the lacking quality of his national side.

Agreed 100% which is what I was trying to say in this thread tbh. They don't make a Ryan Giggs or a Paul Scholes anymore

I don't think you can really put it down to that. Especially when you consider the exposure that the Premiership and especially Man Utd do get abroad.

But I wasn't putting it down to just that. When I said international recognition I just did mean from a national team angle. He played for a small country who didn't get to any major competitions so his exposure on the international stage was lessened. Of course as a regular Man Utd player he is still exposed to a lot of people.

But I wasn't putting it down to just that. When I said international recognition I just did mean from a national team angle. He played for a small country who didn't get to any major competitions so his exposure on the international stage was lessened. Of course as a regular Man Utd player he is still exposed to a lot of people.

George Weah never and he seemed to do ok.

George Weah never and he seemed to do ok.

He was more of the/a star player for his club sides though. It's just one reason I've given.