Michael Owen "Don't Call Me Injury Prone" Hmmm

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

a good striker will adopt his game when the injuries eventually catch up i.e. shearer, owen can't do anything with his game

a good striker will adopt his game when the injuries eventually catch up i.e. shearer, owen can't do anything with his game

Do you not think he already has adapted? He seems to still have the ability to pop up in the right spots, although he can't score the 20 yard run and shots anymore.

Problem is we don't see it very much because he plays so little.

Guest neesy111

Do you not think he already has adapted? He seems to still have the ability to pop up in the right spots, although he can't score the 20 yard run and shots anymore.

no, because he was always that type of player, he rarely scored goals from long runs or from out of the box

when owen doesn't score, he offer's nothing to the team at all and we may as well have shola on the pitch

and he is very injury prone, how many little niggly injuries has he had here most been around a dozen now

as soon as he leave's this club will move forward, his transfer and wages have almost bankrupted this club

he used to crack some curling drives around the top of hte box if I remember correctly with his right foot. Maybe it was the pace behind it? He just seemed to lose ALL of his shooting technique after his injuries.

he used to crack some curling drives around the top of hte box if I remember correctly with his right foot. Maybe it was the pace behind it? He just seemed to lose ALL of his shooting technique after his injuries.

Something I've been saying for quite a while. An excellent post.

There's been the two major injuries but little niggles that keep him out here and there, for three or four weeks or more, are constant. He's had two of these sorts of injuries that have kept him out for extended periods of time last season. He got a couple injuries for us before he played that Spurs game and broke his foot. Remember, that game against Spurs was in December, and he'd still only played ten games up till then.

He is injury prone.

Up front he hasn't adapted his game. Still someone who poses the threat of scoring goals, but on average delivers absolutely nothing to the team and will miss the odd chance that drops to his feet. Pretty much the type of striker who could get a team relegated, not through any direct fault of his own, but because a team that isn't equipped to supply him is a team that is playing with 10 men every time he fails to score. Even Ameobi, one of the worst strikers in the league, is quite possibly a better option in the team next to Martins if Owen doesn't suddenly start tucking them away.

His spell in midfield is where he did adapt his game. Keegan knew what he was doing when he effectively removed Owen from the frontline - given his lack of clear pace, Owen was far more dangerous running into the box off the ball unmarked. Unfortunately, for obvious reasons, we weren't ever going to see him play in that role this season.

Up front he hasn't adapted his game. Still someone who poses the threat of scoring goals, but on average delivers absolutely nothing to the team and will miss the odd chance that drops to his feet. Pretty much the type of striker who could get a team relegated, not through any direct fault of his own, but because a team that isn't equipped to supply him is a team that is playing with 10 men every time he fails to score. Even Ameobi, one of the worst strikers in the league, is quite possibly a better option in the team next to Martins if Owen doesn't suddenly start tucking them away.

His spell in midfield is where he did adapt his game. Keegan knew what he was doing when he effectively removed Owen from the frontline - given his lack of clear pace, Owen was far more dangerous running into the box off the ball unmarked. Unfortunately, for obvious reasons, we weren't ever going to see him play in that role this season.

Excellent post.

Ironic that the final insult of this whole Michael Owen saga is that he will probably help cost us premiership survival by being a must start even though he is so ineffective in this team.

It's the sad truth.

Guest toonlass

Excellent post.

Ironic that the final insult of this whole Michael Owen saga is that he will probably help cost us premiership survival by being a must start even though he is so ineffective in this team.

It's the sad truth.

:clap:

Excellent post.

It's the sad truth.

Yeah, get Shola in there asap.

thats ridiculous

I just don't agree with all that at all tbh. If Michael Owen isn't going to help keep the team up, then Shola Ameobi fucking isn't. Sorry, but he just isn't. Where you can call Owen 'ineffective' when he isn't scoring, Shola actually has a negative effect.

Excellent post.

It's the sad truth.

Yeah, get Shola in there asap.

Loven and Oba upfront thanks.

Goodbye Owen, you've been a failure although you couldn't have been a success either. Either way failure, cheers.

Actually, he's been a success when he's played. He's just not played anywhere near enough. But hey, his fault, he got those injuries on purpose so he could go and tend to his horses.

Goodbye Owen, you've been a failure although you couldn't have been a success either. Either way failure, cheers.

Actually, he's been a success when he's played. He's just not played anywhere near enough. But hey, his fault, he got those injuries on purpose so he could go and tend to his horses.

Can someone please tell me who out there gets injuries on purpose? No one does.

Dyer didn't but was labelled a crock.

Owen has been a major crock and has cost us a ton more money than Dyer ever did.

Even Owen has himself admitted that he didn't help himself by rushing off to play for England when he wasn't 100%.

He is more at fault than most actually.

It's been a disaster.

Don't care what colour of picture you paint, he's a failure. Football is football.

Don't care what colour of picture you paint, he's a failure. Football is football.

I did call him a failure, genius - "he's just not played anywhere near enough".

Owen has been a major crock and has cost us a ton more money than Dyer ever did.

Given the compensation money and the fact that Dyer played less than 200 games in 8 years, I wouldn't be 100% sure about that. Probably right though, since I don't know what wages Dyer was on.

I did call him a failure, genius - "he's just not played anywhere near enough".

No need to get nippy, he's a failure. If you thought I was talking about just when he played then why respond to my statement?