Kinnear still having major input - so believe Bob Moncur

Big Geordie

Club have said again they will not be bringing anyone in.

Toon not planning El Tel move

Toon to stick with current set-up

Last updated: 24th March 2009

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle have no plans to bring in Terry Venables as manager on a temporary basis.

Reports on Tuesday suggested Newcastle were considering appointing Venables on a stop-gap basis as Joe Kinnear continues his recovery from heart surgery.

Caretaker management duo Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are currently in charge of first-team affairs at St James' Park with reports suggesting a number of players had called for an experienced head like Venables to come in and steady the ship.

Newcastle dropped into the relegation zone after losing 3-1 to Arsenal at the weekend, but the club's hierarchy are thought to be happy with their current coaching set-up and have ruled out a move for former England chief Venables

Sky Sports News understands Newcastle have no plans to bring in Terry Venables as manager on a temporary basis.

Reports on Tuesday suggested Newcastle were considering appointing Venables on a stop-gap basis as Joe Kinnear continues his recovery from heart surgery.

Caretaker management duo Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood are currently in charge of first-team affairs at St James' Park with reports suggesting a number of players had called for an experienced head like Venables to come in and steady the ship.

Newcastle dropped into the relegation zone after losing 3-1 to Arsenal at the weekend, but the club's hierarchy are thought to be happy with their current coaching set-up and have ruled out a move for former England chief Venables

:lol:

If that's true that Newcastle players have come out with such a vote of no confidence towards our current coaching duo there's no way these clowns(CH & CC) can continue at their jobs! They should be released from their jobs with an immidiate effect or at the least in the summer together with JK. If I was Hughton I couldn't be working for players who are saying such things...

On the other hand I can totally understand players reaction as none of the fans seems to think nothing good about the management either...

If that's true that Newcastle players have come out with such a vote of no confidence towards our current coaching duo there's no way these clowns(CH & CC) can continue at their jobs! They should be released from their jobs with an immidiate effect or at the least in the summer together with JK. If I was Hughton I couldn't be working for players who are saying such things...

On the other hand I can totally understand players reaction as none of the fans seems to think nothing good about the management either...

;D ... Your joking aren't you, as if the man previously known as Cashley would want to spend any money in compo, especially after Allardyce & Keegan.

Let's be honest, nothing is going to change, they are both going to be here for the rest of the season as well as Kinnear (if he is well enough).

Did Hughton already sign the new contract until 2011? If so...he won't be sacked but it's not the same as with "real" managers as their wages are much bigger! The release fee Cashley should pay is like nothing compared to KK and SA

They should be bloody shot.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt because the quote seems speculative. However, their actions corroborate the views expressed. I cannot fucking understand for the life of me what makes them think Kinnear is the man to keep us up. We need more than one win in the final run of matches and they're sitting on their fucking hands patiently waiting for the return of a man that's only managed to win five over the entire season!

Care to explain a bit more? What fucking success?

is 5 wins(WBA twice, Spurs(H), Pompey(A) and Villa(H)) in 20 games success for you? Points per game average being 1,15 which is pretty much the same as relegation rate

He said some success, as apposed to no success under Hughton.

Think the point being made was that Kinnear is probably a large part of why we're currently doing sh*te. He is most likely imposing his ideas onto Hughton who is just kissing as much ass as possible atm.

Kinnear is the one picking Ameobi, he has to be.

So you're suggesting that without Kinnears input Hughton would have done better?  Like the last time he was in charge when we didn't win a single game.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/2009/03/30/joe-kinnear-hints-at-change-of-newcastle-united-role-72703-23264421/

Joe Kinnear hints at change of Newcastle United role

Mar 30 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

JOE KINNEAR has hinted he could move upstairs if doctors advise him against making a full-time return to the dug-out.

The Chronicle understands Mike Ashley wants Kinnear to remain at St James’s Park in some capacity – even if his current role is ruled out by medics and a reshuffle of the management structure remains a possibility.

Kinnear will travel to the Midlands next Monday to see medical experts and hopes to get the green light to return to work.

And while his return will undoubtedly see him take in United’s games from a more withdrawn role in the stands, Kinnear’s long-term position is likely to become clear at the end of the season.

First Kinnear must decide whether he wants to sign a two-year contract to stay on Tyneside before having his health assessed to see if he is fit enough to sustain the rigours of frontline management.

And one possibility for Kinnear, who once had the opportunity to act as scout for Arsenal in South America during a sabbatical across the Atlantic, would be a move upstairs.

Kinnear told the Chronicle: “I’m just desperate to be back and do what I can for Newcastle.

“I still think we have enough quality players to see us through this.

“Obviously I look forward to next season, and I want to say that what’s happening now will never happen again.

“Whatever happens, I will have an input. It’s as simple as that.

“If I can’t do certain things, I will be speaking to staff and players at the club and working at the training ground during the week.

“I’ll still have a major say to the players too. We’ll work it that way.”

Executive Director Dennis Wise’s future on Tyneside is shrouded in doubt and it is believed that the Londoner has become frustrated with his own position.

The little Cockney is understood to have had a series of disagreements with key members of staff at St James’s and tempers flared over the signing of Peter Lovenkrands.

Wise is thought to have felt the Dane’s best days were behind him, but Kinnear wanted Lovenkrands

– who has bagged twice for the Toon – to aid Newcastle’s survival bid.

Meanwhile, the Magpies have batted away rumours that the club could sink into administration.

Managing director Derek Llambias said today: “It’s ridiculous, unfair and unfounded and it’s upsetting because there is no truth in it.

“We’re in a situation fighting relegation we need everybody behind us.”

Newcastle are currently in the relegation zone and facing the drop unless they can turn things around in the final eight games, with Chelsea up next at Gallowgate.

And when asked what would happen at Newcastle if the black-and-whites were relegated, Llambias said: “We would have to restructure our own business plan, like everybody else.

“Our finances are strong and there would be no threat of administration.

“Mike has been affected by the credit crunch, why should he be different to anybody else?

“The club is not for sale and we’ve made it clear It’s not where we want to go.”

Chris Hughton will hand starts to Danny Guthrie, Cacapa and Xisco in tonight’s reserve game against Manchester United at St James’s.

And Hughton has one less worry going into this week’s international games after Jonas Gutierrez’s yellow card in Argentina’s 4-0 win over Venezuela rules him out of the midweek qualifier in Bolivia.

Whatever happens, I will have an input. It’s as simple as that.

“If I can’t do certain things, I will be speaking to staff and players at the club and working at the training ground during the week.

We have an amazing professional organisation.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/2009/03/30/joe-kinnear-hints-at-change-of-newcastle-united-role-72703-23264421/

Executive Director Dennis Wise’s future on Tyneside is shrouded in doubt and it is believed that the Londoner has become frustrated with his own position.

The little Cockney is understood to have had a series of disagreements with key members of staff at St James’s and tempers flared over the signing of Peter Lovenkrands.

Wise is thought to have felt the Dane’s best days were behind him, but Kinnear wanted Lovenkrands

Wise is being ignored because Kinnear knows better.......after letting Keegan walk in preference of Wise?

Mother fucking genius.

:doh:

Executive Director Dennis Wises future on Tyneside is shrouded in doubt and it is believed that the Londoner has become frustrated with his own position.

The little Cockney is understood to have had a series of disagreements with key members of staff at St Jamess and tempers flared over the signing of Peter Lovenkrands.

Wise is thought to have felt the Danes best days were behind him, but Kinnear wanted Lovenkrands

who has bagged twice for the Toon to aid Newcastles survival bid.

Wise is being ignored because Kinnear knows better.......after letting Keegan walk in preference of Wise?

Mother f***ing genius.

Yup, crazy we really have got idiots running the club.

I still think we have enough quality players to see us through this.

Basically that's what everyone at the club is hoping is the case. They're not bothered about the lack of investment or quality of the coaching staff and management, they just expect the players names to do enough.

Thick as fuck.

Whatever happens, I will have an input. It’s as simple as that.

Would any other Premier League club be run like this? Of course, we won't be one for much longer so the point is moot.

Guest Darth Toon

Well, I suppose when you're lucky enough to get a managerial genius like JFK into your club, you do whatever it takes to keep him on board....

Whatever happens, I will have an input. Its as simple as that.

If I cant do certain things, I will be speaking to staff and players at the club and working at the training ground during the week.

Ill still have a major say to the players too. Well work it that way.

Would any other Premier League club be run like this? Of course, we won't be one for much longer so the point is moot.

Every day, week and month that goes by we are slowly turning into Sports Direct. 

I think he has a plan to turn SJP into the worlds biggest Sports Direct shop, with trackie bottoms stacked a mile high.

Mother fucking genius.

It doesn't seem rational, but it also seems unlikely. Why would Wise be enraged due to a free signing of a potentially useful player on a short term contract? It's not like it's much of a gamble, like signing a £10M defender playing for Deportivo, or a waste of money, like giving Ameobi and Nicky Butt new contracts.

You really do have to ask why they are so desperate to keep Kinnear on. In no way has he really been successful atall since being here...let alone being offered a new contract.....let alone possibly replacing Dennis wise just to keep him at the club.

Mike Ashleys business plan is to just become mates with people & then offer them jobs isnt it.

Thats all there is in his head.