Ireland Internationals

Decky

Jesus we dodged a bullet there.

Don't see us getting through though, we're well organized and committed but there's no real threat in our team. Keane and Duff are past it, McGeady is and always has been rubbish (at least at international level, people tell me he actually plays well sometimes for his club) and our central midfield is absolutely shocking... Long and Doyle as a partnership has some promise for the future but I don't know where any sort of service is going to come from.

If Ireland win their last 2 games (Andorra away and Armenia home) they're guaranteed second by my reckoning, with Slovakia vs Russia still to come. Get the Czech's or someone equally shit in the playoffs (Montenegro? They're pretty shit other than one or two players and being mega organised) and who knows.

If Ireland win their last 2 games (Andorra away and Armenia home) they're guaranteed second by my reckoning, with Slovakia vs Russia still to come. Get the Czech's or someone equally shit in the playoffs (Montenegro? They're pretty shit other than one or two players and being mega organised) and who knows.

we are now (assuming we win our last 2) Slovakia 0 Armenia 4

Russia 17

Ireland 15

Armenia 14

Slovakia 14

All played 8.

Ireland have Andorra (0 points from 8) away, and Armenia at home. 6 points there and there's every chance they could even finish top. Russia have to go to Slovakia, could get beat.

However Armenia, as well as going to Ireland in the final round of games, have Macedonia at home before that, so they'll also fancy their chances. Intriguing stuff.