Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

An honest manager makes a refreshing change, he knew Joey had to go and didn't try to gloss over it, why should Al have made himself out to look like a c*** for a player who did us harm by making a stupid tackle therefore making an already very hard job for Shearer even harder. Wenger would not have seen it and Fergie would have said it was harsh, good on Al for that I say.

So you were impressed.

Now what benefit did that bring the club?

It showed we had a manager that would not stand for an out of control player flying into stupid tackles, he was just being honest and I for one like that in a manager.

IF it had been something that did not happen in the ppublic eye then things like that should be kept behind colosed doors but when its infront of a massive crowd and TV cameras what else could he should he say?

It did the club NO harm at all, what did the harm was us loseing a player for the rest of the season when we had a weak squad anyway and were fighting a relegarion battle.

An honest manager makes a refreshing change, he knew Joey had to go and didn't try to gloss over it, why should Al have made himself out to look like a c*** for a player who did us harm by making a stupid tackle therefore making an already very hard job for Shearer even harder. Wenger would not have seen it and Fergie would have said it was harsh, good on Al for that I say.

So you were impressed.

It sent a message out to the players that pathetic, unproffesional crap like that from Barton is unacceptable especially in the situation we were in. It showed theres a line you dont cross, and letting everyone down in that manner is crossing it. You can say all you like about performances, hiding, not showing etc, but that was such a massive 2 fingers up at his team mates, manager and fans.

Made sure that someone you can never rely upon to control himself will never play for the club again. That is a benefit in my book but no doubt not one in yours.

Well I'd wait until he was sold before making a bold statement like that.

Never is a very definite word.

Do you realise what you are defending is the way events really unfolded and our subsequent relegation?

Still at least we didn't have Barton hanging around the squad for those last 3 games, that made all the difference didn't it?

So you were impressed.

It showed we had a manager that would not stand for an out of control player flying into stupid tackles, he was just being honest and I for one like that in a manager.

IF it had been something that did not happen in the ppublic eye then things like that should be kept behind colosed doors but when its infront of a massive crowd and TV cameras what else could he should he say?

It did the club NO harm at all, what did the harm was us loseing a player for the rest of the season when we had a weak squad anyway and were fighting a relegarion battle.

correct - what did the harm was us losing a player for the rest of the season.

Now read my posts properly.

Guest habibbeye

You asked for a benefit and I gave you one.

Maybe ifs etc don't matter as Howard Webb had more to do with us being relegated than what Barton might, and I hasten might, have been able to do.

So you were impressed.

It sent a message out to the players that pathetic, unproffesional crap like that from Barton is unacceptable especially in the situation we were in. It showed theres a line you dont cross, and letting everyone down in that manner is crossing it. You can say all you like about performances, hiding, not showing etc, but that was such a massive 2 fingers up at his team mates, manager and fans.

He was our best player that game until he made that stupid tackle, please don't make out he planned this just to be a twat to everyone.

The whole Shearer - Barton argument is a sympton of the 'what type of manager will Shearer be' debate, with most thinking he'll more closely resemble Sounes than Robson.

Honestly, I really do worry if Shearer views Greame Souness as any sort of person to look up to in a management context

You asked for a benefit and I gave you one.

Maybe ifs etc don't matter as Howard Webb had more to do with us being relegated than what Barton might, and I hasten might, have been able to do.

I thoroughly agree with the 'might' part.

Fact is no manager at any club in our position would have should have could have stuck up for Joey, I am so shocked that Al's actions in this matter are being questiioned. It has nothing to do with expirience in the job and has no barring at all on the kind of manager he will be. Fergie is famous for the hairdryer treatment, the players must respect their manager and respect will be given from fear as well as from love and a belief in what the manager is trying to do. Sir Bobby was loved but int he end the platers had no fear of upsetting him and he did lose them a bit, disgrace really but thats the way it went.

Shearer needs to learn the ropes true enough.

But i'd rather him do it under a decent ownership in the Championship than the current lot if we'd have stayed up.

At this point in time we cannot be too picky with who we get but I for one would rather have Shearer here than any other manager in the championship.

The exciting thing is wheels are now in motion for that to happen and we can maybe get back to watching a promising side next year, and how great would it be to see the likes of Stoke, Sunderland and Hull go down if we get straight back-up.

Fact is no manager at any club in our position would have should have could have stuck up for Joey, I am so shocked that Al's actions in this matter are being questiioned. It has nothing to do with expirience in the job and has no barring at all on the kind of manager he will be. Fergie is famous for the hairdryer treatment, the players must respect their manager and respect will be given from fear as well as from love and a belief in what the manager is trying to do. Sir Bobby was loved but int he end the platers had no fear of upsetting him and he did lose them a bit, disgrace really but thats the way it went.

Amen

The scouse turd needs chinning!

But i'd rather him do it under a decent ownership in the Championship than the current lot if we'd have stayed up.

At this point in time we cannot be too picky with who we get but I for one would rather have Shearer here than any other manager in the championship.

The exciting thing is wheels are now in motion for that to happen and we can maybe get back to watching a promising side next year, and how great would it be to see the likes of Stoke, Sunderland and Hull go down if we get straight back-up.

I want to see more posts like this. :nods:

I'm fucking tired of being negative about this football club.

I want to see more posts like this. :nods:

I'm fucking tired of being negative about this football club.

Exactly

The club is turning a corner and so should our outlooks!

Guest habibbeye

I would sign a new contract tomorrow if one was put in front of me and I would announce my retirement from international football.

Yes

Or he could have made the difference between a point and nothing at Villa.

But again we'll never know..........................................

This is an impossible subject to comment rationally as very few people can look at Shearer without seeing the sun shine out of his arse.

I mean look at this from earlier on in this thread:

For what it is worth, this is exactly what our club needed. If we go down it isnt a failure on Shearer's part, it is a failure on Newcastle's and it was just too late. Just hope some of the fans dont forget what he did for this club should we go down.

I've removed the posters name so as not to single anyone out in particular but this was made just over 2 hours after the news broke.

Before Shearer had taken a single training session or picked a team people were making excuses as to how he would be blameless if we went down.

Nothing has been Shearers fault the blame always lies somewhere else.

No 3 game bounce when a new manager takes over? - the players are a shower of shit.

Michael Owen can't score in a brothel - let Shearer revitalise his career then when he can't - praise big Al for dropping him as he's his friend.

And despite the piss poor run of results in the last 8 games you all seem to think he's the right man for the job.

In all honesty, why?

So you were impressed.

He was our best player that game until he made that stupid tackle, please don't make out he planned this just to be a t*** to everyone.

No, what Im saying is he let his temper (for the millionth time) get to him and let that be put ahead of his team mates, fans and manager. His first game back, and his millionth chance, and he still does that. I agree he was our best player, but unfortunately it seems that a Joey Barton performance isnt without stupidy in amongst it, so in the end it was a terrible performance.

I know what your saying, if I was manager I'd love to try and get inside his head and channel that aggression in a positive way. I'd say he needs to sort his head out as a person and come back to football.

So you were impressed.

He was our best player that game until he made that stupid tackle, please don't make out he planned this just to be a t*** to everyone.

No, what Im saying is he let his temper (for the millionth time) get to him and let that be put ahead of his team mates, fans and manager. His first game back, and his millionth chance, and he still does that. I agree he was our best player, but unfortunately it seems that a Joey Barton performance isnt without stupidy in amongst it, so in the end it was a terrible performance.

I know what your saying, if I was manager I'd love to try and get inside his head and channel that aggression in a positive way. I'd say he needs to sort his head out as a person and come back to football.

Tim my point is the manager also let his temper get to him.

Yes

Or he could have made the difference between a point and nothing at Villa.

But again we'll never know..........................................

This is an impossible subject to comment rationally as very few people can look at Shearer without seeing the sun shine out of his arse.

I mean look at this from earlier on in this thread:

For what it is worth, this is exactly what our club needed. If we go down it isnt a failure on Shearer's part, it is a failure on Newcastle's and it was just too late. Just hope some of the fans dont forget what he did for this club should we go down.

I've removed the posters name so as not to single anyone out in particular but this was made just over 2 hours after the news broke.

Before Shearer had taken a single training session or picked a team people were making excuses as to how he would be blameless if we went down.

Nothing has been Shearers fault the blame always lies somewhere else.

No 3 game bounce when a new manager takes over? - the players are a shower of shit.

Michael Owen can't score in a brothel - let Shearer revitalise his career then when he can't - praise big Al for dropping him as he's his friend.

And despite the piss poor run of results in the last 8 games you all seem to think he's the right man for the job.

In all honesty, why?

Could you quite honestly say that you had full confidence in the players to turn it around if say someone with expierience had taken over rather than Shearer?

Shearers judgement as a manager should only be made when he has selected his own team and not having to inspire the useless signings of previous managers/dof.

I would sign a new contract tomorrow if one was put in front of me and I would announce my retirement from international football.
Quel temps fait-il en Paris mon beau ami?

Je crois qu'il fait f*cking chaud actuellement :coolsmiley:

We know that Al won't take any shit and lets be honest here we have had WAY to long with WAY to many piss taking usless fkn time wasters playing for this club, that one time does not mean Al is going to be an iron fitsed hard faced twat it just means he can and will do that when needed.  :clap: To him for that.

He is going to find it hard enough with ALL the media just waiting to jump on anything he may get wrong, its a massive pressure job the last thing he needs is the fans creating even more pressure by not giving him the time needed and by not getting behind him 100% RIGHT from the off!

Everyone seen that interview with Alex Ferguson? It was on the pitch after Aberdeen had just won the Scottiash Cup and Ferguson just went into a rant slagging off the players for their performance.

What a cunt. Useless fucker shouldnt have been allowed to manage another club after losing his temper like that on live TV